09-17-2015, 05:40 AM
User Info
Thought I'd give another shot to selling a few brushes today. The Semogue is a fantastic brush, I just never reach for it over others that I have. The two custom turned ones are ones are a couple that my dad and I made. We've been having a really good time turning brushes and selling the works funds purchasing new knots and materials, rinse, repeat! Prices are shipped Conus, and I'd be happy to ship to Canada for +$3.

• Semogue SE 2013 Olivewood Select Silvertip - Second owner, just not seeing enough use to justify having such a nice brush sitting around. Excellent condition and a really fantastic brush. Great for any type of lathering you like. Asking what I paid. $75

Link for more photos.

[Image: lQNxIw5.jpg]

• "Keyhole" Style Maple Wood Brush - Spar Urethane Finish. Nice light an maneuverable brush, very pretty light wood. Larger handle would be very nice for someone with larger hands or any loss of dexterity.  28mm "Plisson Style" synthetic knot, Handle Height: 60.5mm, Handle Width: 42.55mm, Total Height: 113mm, $35

Link for more photos.

[Image: xreS3o3.jpg]

• Long Handle Cocobolo Brush - CA finish on this one, it was our first try so there are one or two little discolored spots right at the neck that I've tried to show in the photo. The spots are smooth though and not really noticeable unless you look for them. This would be a GREAT brush for someone who bowl lathers, very comfortable to hold. Specs - 22mm "Plisson Style" Knot / 49g (Handle) / 65g (total) / 76.35mm handle height / 131mm total height / 32.86mm at the shoulder / 31.23mm at the base. $30

Link for more photos.

[Image: 9BWKfjf.jpg]

43 207
 09-17-2015, 06:20 AM
User Info
Those are really nice brushes you and your pop made.  If they were in badger I would be all over the long handled one especially.  It would work great in my mugs.  It is also nice you are doing something together.

90 899
 09-17-2015, 06:35 AM
User Info
I actually had that thought as I was gluing the knot in place... boy this would make a nice Silvertip... If you really would like it send me a PM and I can look into removing the synthetic and replacing it with a badger of your choosing. We've just been working a lot with the synthetics because they are very affordable.

And yes, the time with my dad has been the best part! He's been woodworking for 50+ years and though we've done quite a few projects together before we just hadn't had something regular to do together until my interest in wet shaving came up. I'm enjoying it because I get to make brushes to keep as well as sell, and he's enjoying it because it's different from the regular pens/pepper grinders/bowls/etc that he usually turns.

43 207
 09-17-2015, 05:42 PM
User Info
It could make a nice Silvertip too, but I think that makes an excellent synthetic brush!

23 632
 09-17-2015, 06:26 PM
User Info
Those are nice , I would like to see some of his pens. Does he do fountain pens?

14 10
 09-17-2015, 07:00 PM
User Info
I would imagine that they make fountain pen kits so the barrel part could likely be done in whatever you'd like. I'll ask him!

43 207