09-17-2015, 09:28 AM
User Info
[Image: qKqaVEm.jpg]
Hey have any of you guys tried this?. I guess it lathers real well with a brush. I saw it at my local Grocery Outlet.

Clayton

6 627
 09-17-2015, 09:59 AM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
Nice! I haven't seen this.  I like their aftershave a lot though, may have to try this.

11 684
 09-17-2015, 12:17 PM
User Info
Didn't it used to come in a tube? Or was that the women's line?

9 3,036
 09-17-2015, 12:19 PM
User Info
(09-17-2015, 12:17 PM)wetshavingproducts Wrote: Didn't it used to come in a tube? Or was that the women's line?

The one pictures above is a newer product and I believe around $20 if I remember correctly, it lathers decently. Pretty good protection.

102 1,406
 09-17-2015, 12:35 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Checked out their website... Its to be used with hands or a shave brush. Of course their is a reviewer giving it 5 stars already, but I'm gonna wait and see what forum members think. I do enjoy their aftershave balm (only balm I like). If I see this cream available at my grocery store it will be difficult to pass up.

75 1,323
 09-17-2015, 05:28 PM
User Info
I bought two tubs of the cream and one of the post shave balms, looks like nice stuff, I'll try it out tomorrow.

Clayton

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

6 627
 09-17-2015, 06:35 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
I bought a tub of this a while back and had been meaning to post about it.
I paid 3 bucks at Ollie's for  6.7 oz
The cream is a loose product,less dense than Noxzema  face cream  but denser than Stephans Stay Smooth,lightly scented ,pearly white.I have used it with a brush and with just fingertips.With fingertips you get a low dense lather,with a brush you get a slightly fluffier low dense lather,lol.I was face lathering btw.Make sure you have hot water to clear build up off the razor,although there is less build up than with Nox.The  lather is slick and cushiony,almost too much cushion.You have to work at getting a very close shave.It seems to give a bit of skin healing although not as good as Stephans that can also be used as a balm.
The gray tub with chrome plated lid is a rather handsome and as a bonus the lid is shiny enough to use as a mirror.Intentional?Not sure but it would be handy in the field.

Maybe a good mug or bowl would let you build a nice lather.IDK this seems to be a "modern" cream that does not foam well.
YMMV
It is a good product for what it is  and I'll keep it in the shave den.

0 275
 09-18-2015, 04:26 AM
User Info
(09-17-2015, 06:35 PM)urrlord Wrote: I bought a tub of this a while back and had been meaning to post about it.
I paid 3 bucks at Ollie's for  6.7 oz
The cream is a loose product,less dense than Noxzema  face cream  but denser than Stephans Stay Smooth,lightly scented ,pearly white.I have used it with a brush and with just fingertips.With fingertips you get a low dense lather,with a brush you get a slightly fluffier low dense lather,lol.I was face lathering btw.Make sure you have hot water to clear build up off the razor,although there is less build up than with Nox.The  lather is slick and cushiony,almost too much cushion.You have to work at getting a very close shave.It seems to give a bit of skin healing although not as good as Stephans that can also be used as a balm.
The gray tub with chrome plated lid is a rather handsome and as a bonus the lid is shiny enough to use as a mirror.Intentional?Not sure but it would be handy in the field.

Maybe a good mug or bowl would let you build a nice lather.IDK this seems to be a "modern" cream that does not foam well.
YMMV
It is a good product for what it is  and I'll keep it in the shave den.

Is that Ollies the discounter store that seems to sell overstock and remaining stock purchased from other stores or stores going out of business?  We have a few of those around here in Syracuse, if it is the same store I will have to check it out.

90 899
 09-18-2015, 10:38 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
Yep same store,I cannot recall the exact amount paid .It may have been 2 dollars but  could have been 3 bucks.They only had about 3 boxes on the shelf.Ollie's will surprise you sometimes with what they get.

0 275
 09-18-2015, 03:24 PM
User Info
had my first shave with the Dove Expert Shave Cream and found it to be alot like the TOBS creams. I lathered it up just like I would with the TOBS and was rewarded with a thick cushiony lather that has a clean light scent, I facelather. My face afterwards was irritation free and felt great, I did follow up with the Dove Post Shave Balm and it also did not cause any irritation and my face still feels moisturized. This cream is the same consistancy of the TOBS creams and it comes in a 6.7 ounce tub.

Clayton

6 627