09-18-2015, 06:26 PM
User Info
I recently purchased Tim's Soap Clean Cut in the BST here and have had the chance to shave with it a few times. I believe someone already reviewed it on here so I will keep this short and sweet. This soap rocks! If I didn't know it wasn't a tallow soap I would probably guess it is. It doesn't lather quite like any vegan or non-tallow soap I've tried but I mostly have tallow soaps so can't do too much comparing there. The lather is ridiculous, very thick and cushiony with plenty of slickness. My favorite non-tallow or vegan (vegan is not always accurate for non-tallow soaps) soap has always been Catie's Bubbles without question but Tim's Soap is definitely on par with CB.

13 947
 09-18-2015, 06:48 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
What is the scent like?

77 1,395
 09-18-2015, 06:50 PM
  • Csd3
  • Denver, Co
User Info
Same Q for columbia river.   Evergreen/ fir scent?

7 325
 09-19-2015, 02:13 PM
User Info
tims soap is awesome. its one of my top 5 right now.

16 660
 09-19-2015, 03:01 PM
User Info
Waiting on a review of Cimarron.

29 1,776
 09-20-2015, 06:30 PM
User Info
(09-18-2015, 06:48 PM)Gabe Wrote: What is the scent like?

Sorry so late. I get a fresh and light green type scent. It is light, but I like it and it grows on me more each time I use it. I have now used it 4 shaves in a row, which is rare for me. I'm not sure I would have picked this scent if I bought it new, however I have stumbled across a few scents that I wouldn't have purchased but since they were good deals in BST I bought and am glad I did, and this is one of those. Below is the scent description from Tim's Soap website. 
  • Clean Cut – I wanted a barbershop scent for the line. This isn’t it. It certainly includes classic barbershop notes – lavender and coumarin – but the balance of the scent is a slightly sweet, green accord of bay laurel, fir needle, and switchgrass that moves the fragrance in an agrestic direction. I suppose if someone set up a barbershop on the back porch of my grandparents’ farmhouse, it might smell something like this. And since my grandpa is just about the cleanest-cut guy I know, I guess that’s fitting.

13 947
 09-21-2015, 11:33 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Great to hear on the performance- I have some Breakfast of Champions and Greek Peach on the way and very much look forward to trying.

From the descriptions, the scents all seem very interesting and Clean Cut is another that might be right up my alley.

2 1,180
 09-21-2015, 06:36 PM
User Info
LOVE ruby red. like peach. its just a bit on the sweet side. but overall awesome scent. so far not disappointed with any of tims. only thing is the white writing on my ruby red is almost worn off so be careful with that if you like to keep it for pics. otherwise LOVE this soap

16 660
 09-21-2015, 08:32 PM
User Info
Are his scents on the lighter side across the board?

0 47
 09-21-2015, 08:47 PM
User Info
(09-21-2015, 08:32 PM)RAZRman Wrote: Are his scents on the lighter side across the board?

I said lighter but meant it is not an overbearing green scent. I don't think the scent is too light in strength, probably about a 5 on a 1 to 10 scale. I am enjoying it very much and actually shaved with it tonight for the 5th straight shave. That is a record for me, I usually do no more than 3 consecutive shaves with the same soap.

13 947
 09-21-2015, 09:21 PM
User Info
they are def one of the stronger scented soaps i have smelled. not the strongest but def have a good amount of scent

16 660
 09-21-2015, 09:58 PM
User Info
(09-21-2015, 08:47 PM)Hobbyist Wrote:
(09-21-2015, 08:32 PM)RAZRman Wrote: Are his scents on the lighter side across the board?

I said lighter but meant it is not an overbearing green scent. I don't think the scent is too light in strength, probably about a 5 on a 1 to 10 scale. I am enjoying it very much and actually shaved with it tonight for the 5th straight shave. That is a record for me, I usually do no more than 3 consecutive shaves with the same soap.

Hmmmmmm... His "Roots" scent sounds very intriguing but I would want a real strong earthy smell.  Then again, I am a fan of vetiver.

0 47
 09-22-2015, 04:50 AM
User Info
Tim's Soaps are AWESOME !! 

I have been using the Greek Peach and the Ruby Red exclusively for about a month now, I haven't used anything else since I tried Tim's.   Just received Blue Suit, and Old Skool Lime yesterday and am excited to lather one of those up this morning.

The Blue Suit has a wonderful cologne scent that I can't put my finger on, all I know is it smells incredible.

The Old Skool Lime is as titled.  A nice blast of straight Lime : )

I LOVE this stuff !!

6 225
 09-22-2015, 05:51 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(09-22-2015, 04:50 AM)Newton Wrote: Tim's Soaps are AWESOME !! 

I have been using the Greek Peach and the Ruby Red exclusively for about a month now, I haven't used anything else since I tried Tim's.   Just received Blue Suit, and Old Skool Lime yesterday and am excited to lather one of those up this morning.

The Blue Suit has a wonderful cologne scent that I can't put my finger on, all I know is it smells incredible.

The Old Skool Lime is as titled.  A nice blast of straight Lime : )

I LOVE this stuff !!

My Greek Peach and Breakfast of Champions shows out for delivery today. Looking forward to a shave with bourbon and tobacco Smile

All great reviews on Tim's and looking forward to trying. He lives close to my office so we are going to connect directly in the next week or two- seems like a good guy!

2 1,180
 09-22-2015, 08:14 AM
User Info
Tim is a great guy. First class all the way.

29 1,776