05-16-2017, 07:15 PM
User Info
If my turn comes up and I haven't budgeted for the brush how long do I have before it's offered to someone else?

I've had funds earmarked for a Varlet and at this point, though I still want it, I have passed on plenty of opportunities to get other gear. The complete lack of clarification and indication of what kind of timeframe to expect is frustrating.

Has Varlet gone on hiatus? I can't recall the last one I've seen posted as an acquisition anywhere. If so, I'll budget for a later and still hopeful purchase. 

I'm kind of near the Sasquatch or Loch Ness monster stage of my ability to believe. I've seen them in pictures and read about them. I just have to actually see one in real life before saying it's exists I guess.

7 1,365
 05-21-2017, 03:41 AM
  • Aldo
  • Default User Title
User Info
(05-16-2017, 07:15 PM)bakerbarber Wrote: If my turn comes up and I haven't budgeted for the brush how long do I have before it's offered to someone else?

I've had funds earmarked for a Varlet and at this point, though I still want it, I have passed on plenty of opportunities to get other gear. The complete lack of clarification and indication of what kind of timeframe to expect is frustrating.

Has Varlet gone on hiatus? I can't recall the last one I've seen posted as an acquisition anywhere. If so, I'll budget for a later and still hopeful purchase. 

I'm kind of near the Sasquatch or Loch Ness monster stage of my ability to believe. I've seen them in pictures and read about them. I just have to actually see one in real life before saying it's exists I guess.

That has happened a couple of times and I've had no issue bumping someone down a bit on the list until it is better timing for them. Just let me know what is going on and I'll work with you when the time comes.

The Varlet is not really on a hiatus, but getting over some minor hurdles at the moment. I know some guys are in the same position, they have some funds set aside for when their spot comes up on the list. I really can't tell you how much I regret not being able to give accurate production timelines at this stage in the process. I will try to work with you guys as best I can should timing become an issue.

Working through some of these issues takes a lot of patience but in so doing improvements are made, so they can be a blessing in disguise. Finding the right pace is crucial based on the kind of enterprise The Varlet is and the products it offers. It has been a bit tough but I'm pretty excited at what will be coming out of the shop soon.

I have tried to amp up production before, going on marathon turning sessions and powering through batches, but I've come to realize it's not a good fit for me as a craftsman nor does it yield acceptable results. I probably convey this a bit excessively but The Varlet brushes take great diligence and time to produce. So it might be the case that the brush will be ready but the timing is off, or the wait is too long, but the alternative is getting a brush right when you want it but that doesn't fulfill what The Varlet has promised.

2 93
 05-22-2017, 03:10 PM
User Info
(05-21-2017, 03:41 AM)The Varlet Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 07:15 PM)bakerbarber Wrote: If my turn comes up and I haven't budgeted for the brush how long do I have before it's offered to someone else?

That has happened a couple of times and I've had no issue bumping someone down a bit on the list until it is better timing for them. Just let me know what is going on and I'll work with you when the time comes.

The Varlet is not really on a hiatus, but getting over some minor hurdles at the moment. I know some guys are in the same position, they have some funds set aside for when their spot comes up on the list. I really can't tell you how much I regret not being able to give accurate production timelines at this stage in the process. I will try to work with you guys as best I can should timing become an issue.

Working through some of these issues takes a lot of patience but in so doing improvements are made, so they can be a blessing in disguise. Finding the right pace is crucial based on the kind of enterprise The Varlet is and the products it offers. It has been a bit tough but I'm pretty excited at what will be coming out of the shop soon.

I have tried to amp up production before, going on marathon turning sessions and powering through batches, but I've come to realize it's not a good fit for me as a craftsman nor does it yield acceptable results. I probably convey this a bit excessively but The Varlet brushes take great diligence and time to produce. So it might be the case that the brush will be ready but the timing is off, or the wait is too long, but the alternative is getting a brush right when you want it but that doesn't fulfill what The Varlet has promised.

Thanks for the update!  Can't wait to see what comes next for you, Aldo!

18 650