09-19-2015, 07:23 AM
User Info
[Image: DSC_0332.jpg]I am a big fan of Genco razors.  I buy them on eBay and once in awhile I find some gems.  Attached are 2 in particular.  The Vanadium was advertised as in new condition.  There is a lot of oil on it but it is indeed in new condition.  The lady said she found it in her grandfathers night table after he passed.  It was still in the original box.  I had a barber friend who has used and owns Genco's look at it and he confirmed it has all the original parts.  It is indeed in new condition.  The second I restored and use.  The first I just like to hold and look at.  The Genco's really take and hold an edge.  For a mass produced razor, it amazes me how good the quality is.  I estimate the Vanadium was made in the 1920's.  Recently, I cleaned it up, stropped it and shaved with it.  Fantastic shave.  I then cleaned and oiled it and put it in a place I can see it everyday.  Who says Americans can't make great products?

Attached Files Image(s)

6 161
 09-22-2015, 10:34 AM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
I have a Genco that is one of my favorite shavers. Always sharp and smooth. Restored and rescaled by me.

[Image: 100_2521.JPG]

2 1,683
 09-22-2015, 10:53 AM
  • Hanzo
  • Oakland, California
User Info
Nice razors. Smile

15 541