09-20-2015, 05:56 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
A week ago, I received this soap from Oli aka Windsor Citrus. Many thanks, Oli! It is a custom made soap, with scent based on bakewell tarts. It's a traditional english dessert, with different variations. This is the classic one, with cherry.
The scent of this soap is strong. When you open the bowl, there is a truly unique fruity, cherry scent. I have not any other soap or cream with such a sweet scent. You can also detect the scent of an almond- flavoured fondant. It's there, but the cherry scent is a little bit stronger. I would say that it dominates.
I soaked my brush, Semogue 830, for five minutes in warm, hot water and swirled it about 20 times. It's enough. Also, I added some drops of hot water. The lather was very rich, slick and it didn't dissipate at all during the shave. It's very easy to lather Eric's soaps. When you lather it, this almond scent becomes stronger and the result is a sweet bakewell tart scent. I have not tasted any bakewell tart, but from the descriptions I read, it must be very similar, almost identical. During the passes, the scent is moderate to strong. The lather that left in the end was used like a balm and rinsed after five minutes with cold water. The result was excellent. My skin was very smooth and hydrated.
The shave was great, no problems at all, no nicks, no irritation. I love the scent, it's amazing. Dapper Dragon soaps are some of the best, the ingredients are great and the results are always excellent. I didn't expect any less. Only top notch performance! Great job done by Eric, as always!

Some photos:

[Image: 20150920_150607_zpstoglwtsv.jpg]

[Image: 20150920_150647_zpsx5fvdzll.jpg]

[Image: 20150920_150728_zpsjlekwmq5.jpg]

[Image: 20150920_152231_zpsqkpzro7s.jpg]

[Image: 20150920_152351_zps5fjqxzfy.jpg]

[Image: 20150920_152420_zps9hxkbst5.jpg]

[Image: 20150920_152504_zpsoztymcva.jpg]

[Image: 20150920_152514_zps0gmqkucy.jpg]

[Image: 20150920_152632_zpsqwvuczm6.jpg]

[Image: 20150920_153058_zpsgblwjnc3.jpg]

49 1,940
 09-21-2015, 08:21 AM
User Info
Nikos, thanks for the great review, I am really glad you enjoyed it. I must say mine in going down a treat and my dad is loving his to. I now have Eric's Scale Polish Balm to match which is really nice. 

Hopefully more people will see these types of threads and everyone will know that you can create any scent you like. In my opinion Eric does a fantastic job of this particularly as the soap itself is incredibly good.

Have a good evening. Smile

4 642
 09-21-2015, 09:36 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Nice review- and a pic being worth a thousand words I really appreciate the 10k! Pics 4-9 in particular with the lather shots are excellent.

I actually have not use DD soaps but based on the feedback and flexibility to create a signature edition, I think I may have to get on board!

2 1,180
 09-21-2015, 10:06 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Thank you, Oli and Kevin! Smile 

Oli, today I shaved again with Bakewell and I have to say for one more time that the performance is just amazing. Also, I like the mild sweet scent on my skin that lasts about half an hour.

Kevin, it really deserves a try. Also, there are plenty of scents to choose. I am sure you'll find one that attracts your interest! Wink

49 1,940
 09-22-2015, 07:45 AM
User Info
(09-21-2015, 10:06 AM)nikos.a Wrote: Oli, today I shaved again with Bakewell and I have to say for one more time that the performance is just amazing. Also, I like the mild sweet scent on my skin that lasts about half an hour.

I must say Dapper Dragon is becoming one of my all time favourites, great performance and great scents. I am really enjoying the quality of the shaves I am getting, my all time favourite is Cold River Soap Works but Dapper Dragon is creeping up. Personally it is very under-spoken about.

4 642
 09-22-2015, 08:19 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Mine all time favourite is Pannacrema, but Dapper Dragon is quite close! Smile

49 1,940
 09-22-2015, 08:53 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Based on this thread particularly and other reviews in general, I reached out to Eric re: a custom soap that I have had bouncing around conceptually but as a non-soap maker no way to deliver. He immediately jumped all over it! My first DD experience will likely be a custom but a big fan of his customer service as well as his excitement in putting something together.

I may have to piggy back on your initiative Oli and give an extra tub away!

2 1,180
 09-22-2015, 09:07 AM
User Info
(09-22-2015, 08:53 AM)kwsher Wrote: Based on this thread particularly and other reviews in general, I reached out to Eric re: a custom soap that I have had bouncing around conceptually but as a non-soap maker no way to deliver. He immediately jumped all over it! My first DD experience will likely be a custom but a big fan of his customer service as well as his excitement in putting something together.

I may have to piggy back on your initiative Oli and give an extra tub away!
Kevin, that's really cool, the custom soaps are really special. I will look forward to hearing what you came up with when you get it.

In relation to giving one away, I will probably do this again in the future, it was a good experience and feels nice to make someone's day - and even better that they enjoy the scent as much as you, like Niko has.

4 642