09-20-2015, 06:13 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
Is there something that the IT team can do about this?  I keep marking them as "not spam", but all of my subscribed threads will end up there regardless.

10 757
 09-20-2015, 07:08 PM
User Info
(09-20-2015, 06:13 PM)grantmm Wrote: Is there something that the IT team can do about this?  I keep marking them as "not spam", but all of my subscribed threads will end up there regardless.
I doubt it. I believe that would be handled by your email client.

Google sends some of mine there too, but if you retrieve them and tell them they are NOT spam, the client should remember next time one is sent.

All evidence has been buried. All tapes have been erased.

8 2,718
 09-20-2015, 07:13 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
I've been marking them as not spam for a week.  It is likely that SN is not giving a proper security key or even signing at all.  It also may be that their server has been blacklisted.

10 757
 09-20-2015, 10:54 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
My emails from TSN are not going to spam. What were the mails that went to spam? Were they thread notifications? Did they have links to external sites in them?

Try this to see if we are blacklisted on popular blacklist sites:  http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

0 822
 09-20-2015, 11:42 PM
User Info
You can always setup a filtering rule to take it out of spam .,...

18 654
 09-21-2015, 05:31 AM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
The problem is that SN isn't passing a DKIM signing with their emails.  The majority of the time that will get your server's emails sent to the spam folder instead of the inbox.  I get FS thread subscriptions and PM notifications both flagged.  TSN needs to sign their emails.

Source:  The email service I wrote for my company delivers 1.5 million emails/week with a 95% delivery rate.

Received-SPF: softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning shavenook@shavenook.com does not designate 2600:3c00::f03c:91ff:feae:ecf4 as permitted sender) client-ip=2600:3c00::f03c:91ff:feae:ecf4;

Authentication-Results: mx.google.com;
spf=softfail (google.com: domain of transitioning shavenook@shavenook.com does not designate 2600:3c00::f03c:91ff:feae:ecf4 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=shavenook@shavenook.com

This is from an email sent by my service [personal bits replaced].  It is a LOT of work to get a consistent delivery rate as it is a growing/evolving struggle:

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of support@MYWEBSITE.com designates 100.10.10.1000 as permitted sender) client-ip=MY.EMAIL.SERVER.IP;

spf=pass (google.com: domain of support@MYWEBSITE.com designates 100.10.10.1000 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=support@MYWEBSITE.com;
dkim=neutral (no key) header.i=@

You need to have this line too:
dkim-signature:v=1; c=relaxed/relaxed; h=mime-version:date:to:subject:from:content-type:message-id;

d=MYWEBSITE.com; s=UE201501; a=rsa-sha256;
bh=SGlFNasdfdfInDIi3i3ji4uYzs9Zm6Xgsu9rP35Q4FnXNombjP8=;
b=AekFv333TLlBHraXasfsajkfjgirnvsnl+4fujenw8394J/SFJF3uAn2/A+ZGELEM0/3giQvOEEMVSfLaR
avcavcavcavcdjfjfkdlffklanksnkvnkdkfksdlkflkdsflkfmvniwknevndv
E+uwoo+UmEA+5kasdkowevjisnlkafdNA=;

Edit: It also looks like your sender info changed recently lining up with some items going to spam for GMAIL.:
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of shavenook@shavenook.com designates 45.56.124.43 as permitted sender) client-ip=45.56.124.43;

spf=pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of shavenook@shavenook.com designates 45.56.124.43 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=shavenook@shavenook.com

10 757
 09-21-2015, 08:41 AM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
I know what a DKIM signing is Smile  Perhaps I should add a spoiler tag for posts.

You might like this post re DKIM :  http://www.zdnet.com/article/dkim-useles...ppointing/

As already stated, none of my TSN mails are going to spam. maybe its the server, maybe its your setup. This doesnt mean that I wont investigate it (I already am for another client) but I DO want to get it right, as quite a lot of people are receiving the mails ok and so I dont want to "break it" for the majority.

0 822
 09-21-2015, 09:01 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Agreed, Lee.

102 18,652
 09-21-2015, 09:05 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I receive emails through my internet provider (Charter Cable) and none of my TSN emails go to spam/junk folder.

178 23,809
 09-21-2015, 10:41 AM
User Info
Amen Lee - none of the TSN emails I get ends up in the spamtrap, and I rather not have that broken.

3 4,501
 09-28-2015, 11:31 AM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
Still happening, unfortunately.  Still marking every email that lands there as not spam.

10 757
 09-28-2015, 11:33 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Lee is great.

102 18,652
 09-28-2015, 08:40 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
I think I need to explain that last post (likely to no one in particular).

I originally posted up saying that I haven't seen anything land in spam for the last few days (I think Thursday was the most recent), thanking Lee for her work on the server.  I went to trash to empty it out and found some "unread" tsn emails that I don't recall directly sending there.  Probably individual messages in a like titled group that were not expanded.  Tried to delete the post to give it some more time (in case nothing was actually done... could still be the case), but there is no delete option that I could see.  So I changed the post to say that I thought it was still happening because "please delete" would just look out of place.

Over the day all of the messages have gone to the inbox with nothing unusual.

Thank you for resolving the emails, Ms Lee Smile

10 757
 09-28-2015, 11:32 PM
  • leefish
  • Pisciform Cavalry
  • The Netherlands
User Info
Hi Grant - yes, I was spending my time resolving the issue instead of posting Smile 

We dont have DKIM setup as yet because I am not convinced we need it; without the DKIM we can't have a DMARC policy. Other than that, everything is good now. 

This is our result on mxtools:  http://mxtoolbox.com/domain/shavenook.com/

0 822