01-02-2016, 11:22 AM
User Info
(01-02-2016, 10:31 AM)DayMan Wrote: I have a Plisson and one thing I don't like about it is that it's harder to rinse out the lather than my Muhle was. Do the Sunrise knots have that issue since they seem to be similar fibers?

I would think that had more to do with the soap and type/amount of lather you make. I haven't noticed the sunrise to be any harder to rinse than any other 24mm knt I've used. I have a 22mm Stirling synthetic that rinses out easier because of the thinner knot.

10 407
 01-03-2016, 07:18 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(01-02-2016, 11:22 AM)molon_labe Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 10:31 AM)DayMan Wrote: I have a Plisson and one thing I don't like about it is that it's harder to rinse out the lather than my Muhle was. Do the Sunrise knots have that issue since they seem to be similar fibers?

I would think that had more to do with the soap and type/amount of lather you make. I haven't noticed the sunrise to be any harder to rinse than any other 24mm knt I've used. I have a 22mm Stirling synthetic that rinses out easier because of the thinner knot.
I think the Plisson holds more lather in  the knot, so I just have to spend a little extra time to clean it. I always use the same cream, so that isn't the issue.

I'm not sure if this was discussed, but what were the results of the did differences between the lights and sunrise knots? Would the sunrise still be your #1 since the lights are no longer available?

3 640
 01-03-2016, 08:07 AM
User Info
(01-03-2016, 07:18 AM)DayMan Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 11:22 AM)molon_labe Wrote:

I think the Plisson holds more lather in  the knot, so I just have to spend a little extra time to clean it. I always use the same cream, so that isn't the issue.

I'm not sure if this was discussed, but what were the results of the did differences between the lights and sunrise knots? Would the sunrise still be your #1 since the lights are no longer available?

That's probably true about it holding more lather, I think synthetics also make a denser lather than natural hair brushes which probably also contributes to what you are describing.

A far as lights vs sunrise, I sold both of the lights brushes I had shortly after this review when I first received a 24mm Sunrise knot. It was very similar to the lights but has slightly easier splay which I came to prefer. I've since played around with Sunrise knots at different lofts and my preference is around a 54mm loft. If you order a WD handle just have it drilled an extra 5mm and then put 2 quarters underneath the knot when you set it.

Last night I put together a brush using a 22mm Sunrise knot to compare. I used the same process as above but only used 1 nickel instead of 2 quarters so the loft is a ltitle lower tHan the 24mm brush. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

10 407
 01-03-2016, 08:43 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(01-03-2016, 08:07 AM)molon_labe Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 07:18 AM)DayMan Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 11:22 AM)molon_labe Wrote: I would think that had more to do with the soap and type/amount of lather you make. I haven't noticed the sunrise to be any harder to rinse than any other 24mm knt I've used. I have a 22mm Stirling synthetic that rinses out easier because of the thinner knot.

That's probably true about it holding more lather, I think synthetics also make a denser lather than natural hair brushes which probably also contributes to what you are describing.

A far as lights vs sunrise, I sold both of the lights brushes I had shortly after this review when I first received a 24mm Sunrise knot. It was very similar to the lights but has slightly easier splay which I came to prefer. I've since played around with Sunrise knots at different lofts and my preference is around a 54mm loft. If you order a WD handle just have it drilled an extra 5mm and then put 2 quarters underneath the knot when you set it.

Last night I put together a brush using a 22mm Sunrise knot to compare. I used the same process as above but only used 1 nickel instead of 2 quarters so the loft is a ltitle lower tHan the 24mm brush. I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks. I plan on getting a 22, so that would be helpful.

3 640
 07-30-2018, 11:08 AM
User Info
Nice thread!

@molon_labe - how tall are the 24mm WD handles, if you still have any around?

5 135