09-22-2015, 05:19 AM
User Info
Good morning, Gentlemen.  Much has been happening in my design studio--and in the workshop.  Designing (often with suggestions by the patron) and hand-crafting special order ("Bespoke") shaving brushes has been all consuming! 

A labor of love, collaborating with you, whose patronage helps pay the mortgage, provides an incredible level of satisfaction for me--and, from your responses, truly distinctive shaving experiences for you! 

Here's some of what's been going on.  (Needless to say:  all of these brushes may be reproduced--or varied--to suit your taste.)

The Gonzo, inspired by our own TSN member, Jason--and named in honor my friend Bob who encouraged me to offer it in multiple sizes. (Great suggestion BTW:  one validated by some other discerning TSN members.) Originally produced in 24mm 2-band Finest, several examples of The Gonzo have now been crafted in 3-band Silvertip in the original 24mm as well in 26/27mm and 30mm sizes (30mm 3-band S/T shown.)  Over the past month, The Gonzo has been my most popular offering!  (Read more...)

[Image: aXOkP3v.jpg]

Another popular brush, the Special Edition S7/30, shown below in faux Ivory & faux Horn filled with 30mm/58mm Finest Badger, is also available in a wide variety of handle materials and knots.  (Read more...   and More...)

[Image: lUVkILA.jpg]

And for the man who face lathers, The "Arley"--shown here in faux Ivory and Gabon Ebony, filled with 30mm 3-band Silvertip Badger--can also be had in a variety of materials and sizes!  (Read more...)

[Image: HvR0ZmA.jpg]

Needless to say, there are several more designs, which you can see here

My bottom line is simple:  I will present you the finest work of which I am capable (usually within 7 - 10 days)--and back it up with a written guarantee. 

There are many excellent shaving brushes out there (I own several and have tried a lot more.)  Many are better known.  But if you check with anyone who owns one (or more) of my brushes....

Thanks for your time!  Enjoy your day!!!

4 647
 09-22-2015, 08:56 AM
User Info
I have been using my 27mm Gonzo since I got it this last weekend.  It is an awesome brush and the knot is as soft as it can be.  The handle is just plain beautiful.

I'm looking forward to do more business with Brad. He is a great gentleman.

Thanks for a wonderful brush.

61 3,796
 09-22-2015, 08:59 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Glad you are enjoying that beauty Hector.

I haven't picked up a brush from you yet Brad but love the work you are doing.

The SE S7/30 is bookmarked in my "Intend to Buy" internet favorites!

2 1,180
 09-22-2015, 09:42 AM
User Info
I have the original Gonzo that Jason ordered. It is a work of art- really has the flavor of a handmade artisan product. The finest knot is a great performer, soft with enough backbone for a good face lather.  The ivory is also very special in that the marbling appears very natural. For me it fills a niche in my den of softness, flow-through and slightly less density than some others (M&F, Paladin, Vie-Long).

We are fortunate to have access to such dedicated and accomplished craftsmen.  I also think these brushes are a terrific bargain relative to the prices of other high quality makers.

Thanks Brad!

10 1,706
 09-23-2015, 12:55 PM
User Info
Brad, great work as always. I love all of the designs

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

0 517
 09-23-2015, 01:16 PM
User Info
Beautiful brushes, Brad. Do you do any smaller knots 22-23mm with maybe a 48-50 loft in two band finest?

8 849
 09-23-2015, 01:36 PM
User Info
I really like that S7 handle, it's nice!

From my Tab through the Tap

1 1,975
 09-23-2015, 04:56 PM
User Info
(09-23-2015, 01:16 PM)Dinder1 Wrote: Beautiful brushes, Brad. Do you do any smaller knots 22-23mm with maybe a 48-50 loft in two band finest?

I don't see why not. I can check with my knot supplier. Would you mind sending a PM so can talk in detail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 647
 09-23-2015, 05:00 PM
User Info
Great designs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 862