09-22-2015, 06:30 AM
User Info
I hate when people post pics of the razor they are trying to sell and the pic is of the razor on their cats head or with their dog cuddled up with it. I don't find it cute, maybe i would if i was a 8 year old little girl, honestly i think its a little gross. When i say gross Im not only speaking about gross as is unclean/ unsanitary. I also think the people who take time to pose their ads with their animals probably are the type to dress their animals up in human clothes and kiss their pets on the mouth. What makes it even more disturbing is that it's most likely grown men doing this. Just the things that go through my head when I see this type of listing. You know what the last thing on my mind is...??? Buying that razor!!! Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm just insensitive. Maybe I should start spicing up my BST listings with nude pictures of me and the items im selling covering certain areas. In my books the same concept showing people what they dont want to see. If anything, all it does is turn away potential customers , I guarantee no one said honey I wasnt going to buy a razor but I saw the cutest picture of this cat pretending to shave with it so I had to have it. Sorry if I offended anyone I really just dont get it and I have always had pets and love animals.

79 824
 09-22-2015, 06:33 AM
User Info
this rant brought to you by coming to work this morning and discovering not even a fifth of a cup of coffee intentionally left in the pot so the lazy person didnt have to make the next pot

79 824
 09-22-2015, 06:35 AM
  • jcmy53
  • Cincinnati, OH
User Info
Wanna buy a cat? Biggrin

[Image: CPsZWeJ.jpg]

--
John

13 2,110
 09-22-2015, 06:38 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(09-22-2015, 06:30 AM)Deuce428 Wrote: Maybe I should start spicing up my BST listings with nude pictures of me and the items im selling covering certain areas. 

Please for the love of all that is holy don't. Not even a reflection, hint or subtle shadow. 

There are things that cannot be unseen Smile

I scan the BST but I haven't noticed any pet pics but do see your point.

I will add a pet peeve that I HAVE noticed on the BST, particularly with razors: if you want to sell a razor at least take 5 minutes to wash (completely) the soap scum off.

I am one that feels it is much harder to clean off after it builds up so I pretty much keep my razors spotless which may be overboard but I have seen some on the BST that look as if they are 50 year old Gillettes.

2 1,180
 09-22-2015, 06:41 AM
User Info
Heh, that's the chance they take I guess.  I remember long-time members either here or on different fora using a trinket or something similar as an easily identifiable "calling card" so you would know who was the seller.

87 1,525
 09-22-2015, 06:41 AM
User Info
Puh-leeze  tell me that cat's name is Whiskers.

2 244
 09-22-2015, 06:55 AM
User Info
Hepatitis C, aids, pubic hair residue. A cat or dog is the least thing I should be worried about.

18 716
 09-22-2015, 06:57 AM
User Info
(09-22-2015, 06:35 AM)jcmy53 Wrote: Wanna buy a cat? Biggrin

[Image: CPsZWeJ.jpg]

--
John
I could probably make a few brushes out of him, how much?

79 824
 09-22-2015, 07:05 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(09-22-2015, 06:55 AM)fram773 Wrote: Hepatitis C, aids, pubic hair residue. A cat or dog is the least thing I should be worried about.

I didn't mention but truth be told, in 10+ years of wetshaving, the only used product(s) I have ever purchased are vintage razors. 

No brushes, no soaps, no additional razors, nada. I am weird that way I know...

Deuce, the tail alone would be good for 5-6 knots I would think. GLWTS!

2 1,180
 09-22-2015, 07:05 AM
User Info
(09-22-2015, 06:55 AM)fram773 Wrote: Hepatitis C, aids, pubic hair residue. A cat or dog is the least thing I should be worried about.

This is why I don't buy used razors. I wouldn't let another guy come in my bathroom and use my toothbrush,deodorant and whatever else,especially not my razor.

Now I get you can sanitize the razor and all that ,but what about a brush??just seems nasty to me

3 1,356
 09-22-2015, 07:14 AM
User Info
Used soap and even worse, used creams are something I will never touch and have no idea why people still buy them.  Gross, gross, gross.

A razor can be sanitized and cleaned so I have no issues with them, so long as they are clean in the listing and there are no red flag posts about it being defective, misaligned or they haven't done something stupid with it.

A brush can be disinfected to a degree.  I try to buy new whenever possible, but still buy the odd used brush from well respected members, usually no longer available brushes.  I research threads and posts by the seller to make sure he hasn't dropped it in the toilet, trimmed the hair, rubbed the brush on sandpaper to soften it or lathered over his open wounds....all of which I have seen people publicly admit .

If it appears dirty and unkempt in the listing, I don't even look at it...no matter how much I want it or how well priced it is.  I've seen so many members who are too lazy to even remove the mystery hairs and rinse the proto lather out of the tub, that I am 100% completely against used lather products.  eBay doesn't even allow used cosmetics per their policy for health regulations and think shave forums should be the same.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/used-cosmetics.html
"Used cosmetics present some serious health and safety concerns because the products and applicators used to apply them often come into direct contact with the body. This is why we generally don't allow the sale of used cosmetics on eBay."

All evidence has been buried.  All tapes have been erased.

8 2,718
 09-22-2015, 07:23 AM
User Info
I don't have a problem buying a used brush from a reputable member, but 99% of the time I buy new.

Razors?  New

Used soaps or creams?  Never

61 3,796
 09-22-2015, 07:31 AM
User Info
Certainly you all have the right to buy or not buy anything you wish, but it's soap. You can run it under hot water and take off the first, second or third layer. Would you use a friends bathroom and NOT wash your hands because the soap is not new? JMO.

50 4,729
 09-22-2015, 07:36 AM
User Info
(09-22-2015, 07:31 AM)primotenore Wrote: Certainly you all have the right to buy or not buy anything you wish, but it's soap. You can run it under hot water and take off the first, second or third layer. Would you use a friends bathroom and NOT wash your hands because the soap is not new? JMO.

Liquid soap is found in most bathrooms now.  Even if we use a bar, we switch to a Liquid Soap when we have company.  Bacteria doesn't stay on the surface of the soap, especially now with everyone into "blooming" these days.

I know my friends and family on a personal level, met them, shook their hands, ate with them etc.  Online doesn't have that connection, that's the difference for me.   Used soaps is a whole other topic of discussion/debate and believe most know my stance on them...AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

As for the dog/cat in the pics, I could care less and doesn't mean the product is dirty to me.  It's just the selling member having some fun, no harm in that.  No different then some of the elaborate SOTD pics with brushes in steams, balancing on top of a spinning top while someone juggles the soap and AS.

8 2,718
 09-22-2015, 07:37 AM
User Info
(09-22-2015, 07:31 AM)primotenore Wrote: Certainly you all have the right to buy or not buy anything you wish, but it's soap. You can run it under hot water and take off the first, second or third layer. Would you use a friends bathroom and NOT wash your hands because the soap is not new? JMO.

Signs011

I have less worries buying a used soap than I would a used brush. YMMV, less competition in the BST for the rest of us Tongue

As for people posing a beloved pet alongside their gear? Perhaps a little tacky - again, YMMV - but why not? Pets are family too.

3 5,819
 09-22-2015, 07:37 AM
User Info
I don't own a pet, but does this count as a BST posting with an animal  Tongue

[Image: jgMYIIH.jpg]

25 6,431
 09-22-2015, 07:38 AM
User Info
(09-22-2015, 07:36 AM)Bruce Wrote:

Liquid soap is found in most bathrooms now.  Even if we use a bar, we switch to a Liquid Soap when we have company.  Bacteria doesn't stay on the surface of the soap, especially now with everyone into "blooming" these days.

I know my friends and family on a personal level, met them, shook their hands, ate with them etc.  Online doesn't have that connection, that's the difference for me.
Well, I for one am happy that not everyone shares this opinion, or I would never sell my used soaps.  Wink I will add that a recent BST with used soaps, full of old lather is not exactly my cup of tea either. 

50 4,729
 09-22-2015, 08:17 AM
User Info
and shaking someone's hand can be hazardous

60 1,345
 09-22-2015, 08:36 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Makes me think about the time we where on a training mission with the special forces, there was this tribe where we where invited to stay for the night. In our honor they served a special meal. One of the dishes was especially prepared, it consisted of meat that was tenderized. This was done by the elderly woman in the tribe, they chewed on it until it was tender and then spit it in a bowl. So you probably won't be surprised if I don't worry about second hand shaving gear  Winky

32 1,566
 09-22-2015, 08:39 AM
User Info