09-25-2015, 02:25 PM
User Info
(09-25-2015, 02:16 PM)garyg Wrote: So if the pig is properly perfumed y'all will buy it?

Nope, not me.

I won't try, buy or lather a used soap. Even when they get offered to me for free from personal buddies who wet shave.

All evidence has been buried. All tapes have been erased.

8 2,718
 09-25-2015, 02:53 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
(09-25-2015, 02:25 PM)Bruce Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 02:16 PM)garyg Wrote: So if the pig is properly perfumed y'all will buy it?

Nope, not me.

I won't try, buy or lather a used soap.  Even when they get offered to me for free from personal buddies who wet shave.

All evidence has been buried.  All tapes have been erased.

Ok, I just was wondering.  There were some posters who'd implied that as long as there were no hairs, straight or curly, shown in the pictures it was all right now .. 

'n' over in the corner, much to my surprise

Mr. Hughes hid in Dylan's shoes wearing his disguise

I'm not that worried about hairs, as we have little hairy totems made from badgers lining three shelves in the bath

52 547
 09-25-2015, 03:01 PM
User Info

Nope.  I said in my post that I have the option to do otherwise, and if I was honest to God broke enough I couldn't afford my own new pucks of Williams and an Omega 49 every few years I would grow a Grizzly Adams beard and be happy in the knowledge that the shorty hairs stuck in my teeth were my own.

I traveled construction for too much of my adult life, staying in hotels that weren't fit for the homeless, sharing rooms with people I couldn't stand, waiting in line to use a blue house cause we stayed on the site.....  no more.  My shaving time is mine.  CLEAN, quiet, mine.  I may very well be a little OCD about my den and its products, but I can afford it now, and as far as I am concerned, I paid my dues and earned it.  I quit smoking, and can't really do good coffee 'cause of high blood pressure; this is my one and only luxury.  (Okay, except beer and fishing which I don't consider a luxury but a life blood)

I don't judge what other people do. (Except the mystery hair sales.).  I just choose not to play used software.

19 420
 09-25-2015, 03:50 PM
User Info
There is a bright side to mystery hairs! If you get them on you it's just more you get to shave off!  Biggrin

154 3,751
 09-25-2015, 04:34 PM
User Info
(09-25-2015, 03:50 PM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: There is a bright side to mystery hairs! If you get them on you it's just more you get to shave off!  Biggrin

Yes, and vomit to mop off the floor...  Biggrin  That, and I'm kind of a hairy old silverback. I don't need anyone's help with extra hair.

19 420
 09-25-2015, 04:56 PM
User Info
(09-25-2015, 04:34 PM)PickledNorthern Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 03:50 PM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: There is a bright side to mystery hairs! If you get them on you it's just more you get to shave off!  Biggrin

Yes, and vomit to mop off the floor...  Biggrin  That, and I'm kind of a hairy old silverback. I don't need anyone's help with extra hair.

Smile

154 3,751
 09-26-2015, 02:17 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
To the moderators: given that this thread has not been closed after reading about 40-50 posts which are suitable closing-inducers, I hereby submit that moderators have constructively surrendered their right to close any further threads throughout the Nook from this point onward.  Dudes, closing a thread is like voting - you shouldn't take it for granted- just do it, please!  Cool

1 796
 09-26-2015, 03:13 AM
User Info
(09-25-2015, 03:01 PM)PickledNorthern Wrote:

Nope.  I said in my post that I have the option to do otherwise, and if I was honest to God broke enough I couldn't afford my own new pucks of Williams and an Omega 49 every few years I would grow a Grizzly Adams beard and be happy in the knowledge that the shorty hairs stuck in my teeth were my own.

I traveled construction for too much of my adult life, staying in hotels that weren't fit for the homeless, sharing rooms with people I couldn't stand, waiting in line to use a blue house cause we stayed on the site.....  no more.  My shaving time is mine.  CLEAN, quiet, mine.  I may very well be a little OCD about my den and its products, but I can afford it now, and as far as I am concerned, I paid my dues and earned it.  I quit smoking, and can't really do good coffee 'cause of high blood pressure; this is my one and only luxury.  (Okay, except beer and fishing which I don't consider a luxury but a life blood)

I don't judge what other people do. (Except the mystery hair sales.).  I just choose not to play used software.
Amen to that! Thumbup

61 3,796
 09-26-2015, 05:00 AM
User Info
(09-25-2015, 01:31 PM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: I love threads like this lol. Unless you carry hand sanitizer and apply it every 5 min your awake then you are in contact with far more,  and probably worse, than what you will off a brush or soap. Look at the countless number of public buildings you enter, door knobs you touch, items you handle daily that countless others have. Some probably have no concept of hygiene, from sneezing to bathroom, and God knows what was on their hands before handling what you went behind and handled. You then go about you business and absent-minded rub your eye, scratch you face, and maybe worse. No one cares less or thinks twice about it. But we worry about soap. If your that worried about soap then don't eevvvvvvvverrrr handle real money!!!!! You will be amazed at we cultured off that in class!!! 

Not coming down on anyone or anything. Just gets me sometimes lol.
+1

50 4,737
 09-26-2015, 05:02 AM
User Info
(09-25-2015, 02:16 PM)garyg Wrote: So if the pig is properly perfumed y'all will buy it?  I've sold some used soaps, at substantial enough discounts that the buyer could scrape a thick slice off all sides and still have a reasonable deal.  Or melt it and reform it in His image.  Brushes are the same to me, if your tighties get all wadded up, pass, but if I die of cooties from a Manchurian animal's hair that grazed a Chinaman's hand's when it was kilt, to be cossetted by some dolly who glued it in a knot, thereafter to be handled by some Brit, so be it ..
This is funny.

50 4,737
 09-26-2015, 05:08 AM
User Info
(09-26-2015, 05:02 AM)primotenore Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 02:16 PM)garyg Wrote: So if the pig is properly perfumed y'all will buy it?  I've sold some used soaps, at substantial enough discounts that the buyer could scrape a thick slice off all sides and still have a reasonable deal.  Or melt it and reform it in His image.  Brushes are the same to me, if your tighties get all wadded up, pass, but if I die of cooties from a Manchurian animal's hair that grazed a Chinaman's hand's when it was kilt, to be cossetted by some dolly who glued it in a knot, thereafter to be handled by some Brit, so be it ..
This is funny.

Oh, now I remember why I blocked that screen name, thanks for reminding me Primo Thumbsup

61 3,796