09-23-2015, 10:50 AM
User Info
I received in the mail today two razors that I have been hunting for quite some time. An LAS BBS-1 and a Weber ARC.  They are beautiful! I am excited to try them each out. 
This completes my Weber collection (Polished, DLC, ARC).  Weber made some of the finest shaving heads around.  I really love my Polished and DLC and I am sure the ARC will not disappoint either.

[Image: YxRH0ea.jpg]

The LAS BBS-1 has had so much press that I have always wanted to try one, just never had the chance.  I am excited to use it tomorrow morning.  I have a solid bar Wolfman that I enjoy but I have heard that poeple think the BBS-1 is superior.  I'll let you know my thoughts.  Anyway, it was a wonderful mail day!

[Image: oTTgdZd.jpg]

75 2,321
 09-23-2015, 10:53 AM
User Info
Congratulations, Nathan! 
 I used to have the same trio of Webers, but I sold my PH and ARC as I found them a bit too much for me and preferred my DLCs, much more. However, I did re-acquire two PHs to give them another try, but one is coated in a Cerakote Graphite Black.
I also found the BBS-1 too aggressive for me, but I would like to revisit it, one day.
Good luck and have fun! Thumbsup

83 21,115
 09-23-2015, 10:56 AM
User Info
(09-23-2015, 10:53 AM)celestino Wrote: Congratulations, Nathan! 
 I used to have the same trio of Webers, but I sold my PH and ARC as I found them a bit too much for me and prefer my DLCs, much more. However, I did re-acquire two PHs to give them another try, but one is coated in a Cerakote Graphite Black.
I also found the BBS-1 too aggressive for me, but I would like to revisit it, one day.
Good luck and have fun! Thumbsup
Thanks Celestino! Did you find the PH and the ARC too aggressive for your liking?

75 2,321
 09-23-2015, 11:04 AM
User Info
(09-23-2015, 10:56 AM)merkur man Wrote: Thanks Celestino! Did you find the PH and the ARC too aggressive for your liking?

I did and still do. I have a regular PH head and find it a bit more aggressive and not as smooth as my DLCs and I need to be more cautious while using it as opposed to my DLCs which are such a joy to use.
I still believe the coating of the DLC attributes to the smoothness and I am quite happy about that. Biggrin It still is my favourite shaver.

Do you find the DLC to be (too) mild for you? I know some folks do. It will be interesting to see what you make of these three heads! Have fun! Thumbsup

83 21,115
 09-23-2015, 11:08 AM
User Info
I also really enjoy the DLC (used it this morning in fact)!  I am excited to compare it to the ARC.  I have to admit though, I don't find much of a difference between the DLC and the PH other than surface slickness, which contest the DLC wins handily.

75 2,321
 09-23-2015, 11:23 AM
User Info
That is very interesting and many folks have thought and said I was delusional in thinking there is a difference! Biggrin Nonetheless, I am content in continuing to think so as my shaves validate my impressions which is the most important aspect of all of this. My skin/face knows better than anyone else. Shy

83 21,115
 09-23-2015, 11:27 AM
User Info
(09-23-2015, 11:23 AM)celestino Wrote: That is very interesting and many folks have thought and said I was delusional in thinking there is a difference! Biggrin Nonetheless, I am content in continuing to think so as my shaves validate my impressions which is the most important aspect of all of this. My skin/face knows better than anyone else. Shy

Very true Celestino.  I am beginning to think the same thing about my Wolfman SB-1.  I find it a bit too aggressive for me to use more than two days in a row.  However everyone else seems to be having no such issue.   But you are right, your face/skin tells the whole story for you.

75 2,321
 09-23-2015, 11:32 AM
User Info
Congrats !! BBS 1 is the beauty and one of my fav !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 09-23-2015, 11:46 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
I wish I had your mailman... Smile great looking HW, congrats Nathan!

2 1,180
 09-23-2015, 12:45 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Enjoy those!

61 4,641
 09-23-2015, 01:06 PM
User Info
Superb Combination! Enjoy, and find out what works for you.... Smile

21 1,175
 09-23-2015, 02:08 PM
User Info
(09-23-2015, 11:27 AM)merkur man Wrote:
(09-23-2015, 11:23 AM)celestino Wrote: That is very interesting and many folks have thought and said I was delusional in thinking there is a difference! Biggrin Nonetheless, I am content in continuing to think so as my shaves validate my impressions which is the most important aspect of all of this. My skin/face knows better than anyone else. Shy

Very true Celestino.  I am beginning to think the same thing about my Wolfman SB-1.  I find it a bit too aggressive for me to use more than two days in a row.  However everyone else seems to be having no such issue.   But you are right, your face/skin tells the whole story for you.

Celestino and I have always seemed to be in the minority when it comes to distinguishing a difference between the aggressiveness and smoothness of the Weber Heads..

Much like Celestino, I have found that after owning and trying ALL 3 heads once offered, the DLC's provide my beard and face the smoothest most comfortable shave.

In fact, after nearly 7 years of traditional wet shaving experience and testing a large variety of DEs and SE's available, NOTHING has dethroned the the Weber DLC.

As you said, your skin/face tell the whole story and for me there's no denying that the Weber DLC just gives me the most enjoyable results of ANY razor to date!

Interestingly Nathan, I share your view or experience when it comes to the WR1-SB Head.. While SUPERBLY crafted, I found it to be too aggressive and even a bit harsh at times and could not handle using it more than twice a week. Sad

Surprisingly enough, I found the BBS -1 to be a much more comfortable shaver than the WR1-SB Head.. Only hang up I had with the BBS-1 was the special attention it needed with the angle which while not hard to master, just took away from the ease of use when trying to perform a quick or care free shave.

Hope you have a blast trying out your new gear!

65 799
 09-23-2015, 02:24 PM
User Info
Nathan, 

All razors are wonderful. Enjoy! Congrats !!!

Lorenzo.

29 1,084
 09-23-2015, 02:34 PM
User Info
(09-23-2015, 11:27 AM)merkur man Wrote:

Nathan, The Wolfman SB-1 you find a bit too agrressive. You will love the BBS-1.

29 1,084
 09-23-2015, 02:36 PM
User Info
 09-23-2015, 02:48 PM
User Info
For me BBS1 isn't superior . It shaves same as Wolfman SB and same aggressiveness and efficiency. The only difference is the design of the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 09-23-2015, 03:03 PM
User Info
Oh I'm so jealous!

When did you get on the list.  I was informed I'm more toward Thanksgiving/X-mas time frame. *crosses fingers*

18 655
 09-23-2015, 05:45 PM
User Info
with the weber heads imo the only real differences is the way the blade sits. i have had numerous webers over the past year or so and the dlc ones seem to have the most consistent blade gap with no wave to the blade. with the ph being the worst offenders. imo this is why a few people find one version more aggressive then the other ones. i have had a ph that was insane aggressive wise. because the blade was wavy BAD all over the place, i have also had a ph head that was pretty much perfect. the one i got for my wife had a slight wave but i straightened out the base plate by fine sanding it and polishing it and its perfect now. this was the only issue with some of the webers

16 660
 09-23-2015, 06:52 PM
User Info
The BBS-1 is one of my favorite razors in my rotation.  It is a work of art and completely different from my Wolfman.

I hope you like it Nathan. Smile

61 3,796
 09-23-2015, 07:04 PM
User Info
(09-23-2015, 06:52 PM)hrfdez Wrote: The BBS-1 is one of my favorite razors in my rotation.  It is a work of art and completely different from my Wolfman.

I hope you like it Nathan. Smile

+ 1  Smile

Lorenzo.

29 1,084