09-23-2015, 10:38 PM
User Info
I have been switching between Proraso Green, Arko, Tabac, Irisch Moos, and TOBS Sandlewood cream over the last months.

So far, when I use TOBS, my skin feels so refreshed after I shave....and ALL day long that I cant even describe the feeling. It is almost as if I had an exfoliation or something. Regardless of what after shave I use, my face feels so....fresh I guess I could call it.

Granted, I dont have much experience with artisan soaps(but I am getting a monster load coming across the ocean to me in November), but is this the "holy grail" sensation of shaving that we are searching for?

I get relatively good and consistent lather from all soaps, but only TOBS leaves my face feeling so good after each shave.

What could possible be inside TOBS compared to the others to create such experiences?(Other than the fact it is very creamy in comparison to the others being soaps which I have to work harder to get a good lather).

39 275
 09-23-2015, 11:04 PM
  • max1ci6
  • Ancona, Italy
User Info
You should try one of the soaps/creams of your countryman meissner-tremonia imho  Angel

0 1,106
 09-24-2015, 12:01 PM
User Info
It is in the system you use.
However, the selection of soap you have is not bad but missing a few gems. Like MWF, Lea, Mystic waters, Dusy Kabinett(!), Mikes Natural soaps, Haslinger even...
I do feel the cream soaps like Tobs (GFT; Trumpers likely similar)do cleanup my skin, if I may call it that. I do prefer the smooth postshave of others though.

21 1,175
 09-24-2015, 12:14 PM
  • Jovan
  • Banned
  • Traveling USA
User Info
(09-23-2015, 11:04 PM)max1ci6 Wrote: You should try one of the soaps/creams of your countryman meissner-tremonia imho  Angel

+1 on MT.  Very enjoyable soap IMO.

2 479
 09-24-2015, 12:40 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
(09-23-2015, 11:04 PM)max1ci6 Wrote: You should try one of the soaps/creams of your countryman meissner-tremonia imho  Angel

+1. I would add Klar (various) and Dusy Kabinett

113 1,547
 09-25-2015, 05:21 AM
User Info
in my box of goodies I have coming there are as follows:
  • Mystic Waters
    B&M
    CRSW
    Caties Bubbles
    Cella Sapone
    Messner
    Mike's Natural
    Pre de Provence
    Razorock

From my list of wish soaps, I only have MWF open to purchase/trade.  

I think among all these soaps, I will have covered a broad spectrum of perhaps finding something else that will match or excel TOBS in giving me an amazing after shave feel of my face.

39 275
 09-25-2015, 05:56 AM
User Info
You will be pleasantly surprised when you get your soaps my friend. They are all different and will require practice, but when you get comfortable with them, you will be very pleased. Start with CB, CRSW, or B&M

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

0 517
 09-25-2015, 06:31 AM
User Info
Hey !!!  Its the soap lot I sold you !!!  You will just have it in november  Confused

As state by another member, its a very different lot.

I have used it to find what kind of soap, cream I prefer.

Have fun.

Sylvain

27 150