09-25-2015, 05:29 AM
User Info
Some of us have been following the Rockwell Razor saga with interest, and there is a thread on the razor started by Vladimir (vferdman).  I just became aware that West Coast Shaving is offering the Rockwell.  What is interesting is that the components are being sold separately.  The handle is $20.00, and each of the three base plates is $15.00.  The top plate is not available yet, but WCS states that the top plate from any DE will work.  (I question using just any top plate, as the alignment between the base plate and top plate needs to be precise).    

I think selling the base plates separately makes sense.  This is a similar concept to the ATT razors.  If Rockwell can get the design of these razors right, and produce them without quality control issues, this would be an American SS razor at a very competitive price.

48 5,729
 09-25-2015, 06:42 AM
User Info
I have as much faith on Rockwell, as I do on my dog learning to speak.  My razor kit has been collecting dust for almost a year because the blade wave is so bad, that is actually dangerous.

Having said that, I wasn't expecting much from an $80.00 startup razor.  I guess whenever the replacement parts are received, who knows when, I may be able to use this razor.  If not, it will make a curious paperweight  Biggrin

61 3,796
 09-25-2015, 06:54 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(09-25-2015, 06:42 AM)hrfdez Wrote: I have as much faith on Rockwell, as I do on my dog learning to speak.  My razor kit has been collecting dust for almost a year because the blade wave is so bad, that is actually dangerous.

Having said that, I wasn't expecting much from an $80.00 startup razor.  I guess whenever the replacement parts are received, who knows when, I may be able to use this razor.  If not, it will make a curious paperweight  Biggrin

Nice.

102 18,557
 09-25-2015, 07:10 AM
User Info
How do you market a razor with no top cap? Any cap will work? Lol. Well I can cut my grass with a pocket knife too, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea.

11 195
 09-25-2015, 07:42 AM
User Info
These don't appear to be the newer modified ones? I wonder if the pictures accurately depict what we'd be purchasing for paper weights

26 763
 09-25-2015, 07:58 AM
User Info
Actually a few places are selling Rockwell razors in parts.

I actually like using my rockwell.  It feels very aggressive due to the wedge of the safety bar, however the wedge also makes it very intuitive to find the correct and super efficient angle.

I find i use my rockwell as much as i use my wolfman....

The place I got it from actually got in contact with me and informed me that they are getting the newly manufactured heads and handles and will be shipping me a replacement for free!. Now THAT's customer service and standing behind your product.

Not sure if WCS is doing that, however.

18 642
 09-25-2015, 09:07 AM
User Info
(09-25-2015, 07:58 AM)GloryUprising Wrote: Actually a few places are selling Rockwell razors in parts.

I actually like using my rockwell.  It feels very aggressive due to the wedge of the safety bar, however the wedge also makes it very intuitive to find the correct and super efficient angle.

I find i use my rockwell as much as i use my wolfman....

The place I got it from actually got in contact with me and informed me that they are getting the newly manufactured heads and handles and will be shipping me a replacement for free!. Now THAT's customer service and standing behind your product.

Not sure if WCS is doing that, however.

I got that email.  If you were part of the start up or bought it directly, you'll get the replacement for free.

This is far and away for been close to the quality of a Wolfman, but of course I get it, YMMV Smile

61 3,796
 09-25-2015, 09:08 AM
User Info
(09-25-2015, 06:54 AM)Agravic Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 06:42 AM)hrfdez Wrote: I have as much faith on Rockwell, as I do on my dog learning to speak.  My razor kit has been collecting dust for almost a year because the blade wave is so bad, that is actually dangerous.

Nice.

Biggrin

61 3,796
 09-25-2015, 12:42 PM
User Info
I still hope to see it work out one day, but every day that goes by where we are asked to buy Frankenrazor pieces and are told that the "fixes are forthwith", WHILE the backers are still in the cold, makes me sigh and tell myself, "This one ain't gonna make it."

15 403
 09-25-2015, 12:43 PM
User Info
(09-25-2015, 12:42 PM)PickledNorthern Wrote: I still hope to see it work out one day, but every day that goes by where we are asked to buy Frankenrazor pieces and are told that the "fixes are forthwith", WHILE the backers are still in the cold, makes me sigh and tell myself, "This one ain't gonna make it."

I know the feeling Sad

61 3,796