09-25-2015, 06:09 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
`Here is the reviews of the last two scents I picked up  at the World Farmers Market .Benjamins Bay Rums were oddly enough found in the caribbean cooking spice section.Well I guess that is because of the fact that Benjamins is primarily a spice and flavorings company.

Bay Rum all purpose splash-8 ounces of basic ingredients alcohol 50%,water ,bay oil for $2.50.Light pleasant scent that lasts a few hours close to the body,burns pretty good if you have a rough shave(like I recently had courtesy of an astra green that had a rough spot out of the pkg),no moisturizing to speak of.All of this comes in a semiclear plastic bottle with a white plastic cap and no reducer and as this is not a bottle usually associated with cosmetics no reducer from my a/s collection fits.

Bay Rum Menthol all purpose splash-same as above just the addition of menthol after the bay oil and some coloring to give it a light blue-green tint.There is just enough menthol to give a light cooling sensation.IceHeads will be disappointed.Cost was 35 cents more than the regular.

I added it to some of my homemade Bay Rum mix to give it a bit more bay scent.I may add a bit of glycerin to them to see what effect it has.
Well worth the cost my 2Cents.

0 275
 12-07-2015, 06:09 AM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
Update
Now that we are having some cooler weather the menthol in that version is more noticeable and the cool sticks around a few minutes.

0 275