09-25-2015, 06:28 AM
User Info
Hey guys I hope all is well,

I am thinking of buying these three soaps so would like to hear opinions on the scent as I know the performance is likely to be very good. I know they are all very new so when you get them through I would really appreciate it.

Soap Commander Fall Seasonal soap Woods and Berries.

Soap Commander Limited Edition soap Indian Sandalwood.

And

Barrister and Mann Latha soap Currant/Sandalwood.

Thanks Smile

4 642
 09-25-2015, 06:54 AM
User Info
I'll be able to report back on the SC Sandalwood.  Sherlock

39 3,875
 09-25-2015, 06:57 AM
User Info
Thanks Primo I will look forward to it.

4 642
 09-25-2015, 07:40 AM
User Info
Might be hard getting an impressoin of the 2 SC soaps as they were both just released on Wednesday.  I doubt anyone has received them yet.  Performance-wise they should be great like all other SC soaps are, one of my personal top 3 along with Stirling and Mike's.

10 407
 09-25-2015, 08:59 AM
User Info
I'm also keeping an eye out for how the new Latha and SC sandalwoods do. Very exciting to see new sandalwood soaps!

15 1,018
 09-26-2015, 11:02 PM
User Info
I think a lot of people should receive their orders of these today so looking out for any updates I have seen one that says the Woods and Berries is very nice but the Sandalwood smells of roses and peppermint?

4 642
 09-27-2015, 04:12 AM
User Info
I have now seen a few reviews on Barrister and Mann Latha Sandalwood. Most people have said the currant/berry element is a lot stronger than the Sandalwood. This suits me but I am sure others will be disappointed. Still looking forward to some thoughts on here.

4 642
 09-30-2015, 10:37 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Hi Oli, I ordered Connection and Commitment today when they replenished inventory. Will definitely keep you posted once it arrives and share thoughts.

2 1,180
 09-30-2015, 10:48 AM
User Info
Cheers mate, I decided just to order connection anyway. You will have it before me most likely so I am still interested to hear what you think.

4 642
 10-06-2015, 10:48 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(09-30-2015, 10:48 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: Cheers mate, I decided just to order connection anyway. You will have it before me most likely so I am still interested to hear what you think.

Hey Oli, my SC products, Commitment and Connection, arrived yesterday. I had committed to using another batch of soaps this week and am fighting the urge to use these as I also received a new B&M tub. 

In the tub the scent of Commitment is a nice variation of Sandalwood. It is of course hard to say without lathering, but I do pick up on some other notes but not rose or peppermint. I do find it quite nice for a Sandalwood soap as mentioned and look forward to giving it a run this weekend.

The Connection is different. There is some pine, with some sweetness. I am not getting any cedar or eucalyptus but again it may change in lathering and I hope so as I really was counting on both of those and really like them in a soap. 

Overall, both are good in the tub and glad I picked them up but the SC scents always seem to open up more when you use them which I am looking forward to.

2 1,180
 10-06-2015, 11:57 AM
User Info
Cheers Kevin great right up, hopefully mine will arrive soon and I can write a small piece. The Sandalwood sounds really good.

4 642
 10-06-2015, 12:02 PM
User Info
(09-25-2015, 06:28 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: Hey guys I hope all is well,

I am thinking of buying these three soaps so would like to hear opinions on the scent as I know the performance is likely to be very good. I know they are all very new so when you get them through I would really appreciate it.

And

Thanks Smile
I was so excited about the B&M Latha Sandalwood soap that I ordered three tubs of it because I love Latha and was excited about a Sandalwood scent from B&M.  I am sad to report that the soap smells NOTHING like Sandalwood.  It is a very sweet smell (the scent honestly reminds me of cherry cough syrup).  The currant is far too pronounced for the soap to be touted as a sandalwood scented soap.  Oh well, the soap still performs near perfectly, so I know it won't go to waste, but the scent is a disappointment in my opinion.

73 2,196
 10-06-2015, 12:05 PM
User Info
Nathan thanks for the update, I have seen a few reviews saying the same thing, some people seem to like it and others really don't.

4 642
 10-06-2015, 12:11 PM
User Info
(10-06-2015, 12:05 PM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: Nathan thanks for the update, I have seen a few reviews saying the same thing, some people seem to like it and others really don't.

Sounds like business as usual my friend!  Regardless of whether one likes the scent or not, one thing is certain, Latha is a spectacular soap to shave with.

73 2,196
 10-06-2015, 01:06 PM
User Info
(10-06-2015, 12:02 PM)merkur man Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 06:28 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: Hey guys I hope all is well,

And

Thanks Smile
I was so excited about the B&M Latha Sandalwood soap that I ordered three tubs of it because I love Latha and was excited about a Sandalwood scent from B&M.  I am sad to report that the soap smells NOTHING like Sandalwood.  It is a very sweet smell (the scent honestly reminds me of cherry cough syrup).  The currant is far too pronounced for the soap to be touted as a sandalwood scented soap.  Oh well, the soap still performs near perfectly, so I know it won't go to waste, but the scent is a disappointment in my opinion.

So another B&M scent that does not smell like its name or description. I'm glad you posted because I have the Latha Sandalwood in my cart at B&M ready for check out. Guess I will only get the Lavendar Latha which I hear is nice.

13 947
 10-06-2015, 04:59 PM
User Info
I do think the Oceana and the Limon scents are nice, and honestly the Sandalwood isn't a bad scent, it's just that it smells nothing like sandalwood to my nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

73 2,196
 10-06-2015, 05:33 PM
User Info
(10-06-2015, 04:59 PM)merkur man Wrote: I do think the Oceana and the Limon scents are nice, and honestly the Sandalwood isn't a bad scent, it's just that it smells nothing like sandalwood to my nose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used the Latha Sandalwood this morning and have to agree. Though it smells  othing like sandalwood it is a nice scent and fantastic performer. Still paired nicely with my Fine Clean Vetiver.

147 3,461
 10-08-2015, 11:42 AM
User Info
Hey guys, thought I would add my two pennies worth in relation to this soap.

First of all I should say it performs like every other Soap Commander Soap - incredible! Rich, slick and protective lather that matches every Tallow soap. 

My main aim is to try and describe the scent which I think is tricky....let me demonstrate, in a blind test, my girlfriend said it smelt like Cherries (don't know what cherries she's been sniffing I think she means berries), my mother said Apple Pie and my brother said Army Land (this is where we walk the dogs and is heavily populated with Pine type trees). So as you can see not the most straight forward of scents.

As a matter of fact I can see where they are all coming from - a little bit. On an initial sniff I thought the Pine was quite heavy and there was a light touch of the berries in the background followed by a spicy aroma that brings the scent together. On lathering I thought some of the lighter notes (Citrus/Eucalyptus) listed on SC website blossomed. I think it may have been these that made my Mother think Apple Pie. As for the spice, it's a delicate touch of cinnamon in my book and rounds it of nicely. Once I washed up and had a last sniff of the wet puck the smell reminded me of all the things my family had mentioned in one.

I would say the SC team have captured a beautiful season in a tub and it really is a great Fall/Autumn soap. However, this soap would go nicely as a winter soap too.

I also have the balm and to begin with I was not sure how this would work with the menthol...a heavy-ish Autumn/Winter scent with menthol! Unheard of really. I should be slapping myself though for thinking this would be anything but amazing. The scent is very slightly different in the balm, softer and slightly more floral, marry this with the cooling, refreshing effect of the menthol you have a product to top off a quality shave. I can see this balm scent being very popular as and aftershave with other soaps.
[Image: stsKxWc.jpg]

4 642