09-26-2015, 09:36 AM
User Info
I’ve made a discovery.  Organic, ultra high quality witch hazel.

I’ve been using Thayer’s since I became a true wet shaver last winter.  Love the stuff, and used it after every shave.

But, then I discovered Goods From the Woods witch hazel.  It’s a totally different experience.  Here’s what their website says—

"[Image: 1VqzR9g.jpg][Image: ONgb8bB.jpg]Witch Hazel Hydrosol
Hand Harvested fresh leaves distilled pound for pound with pre-distilled water. 100% pure witch hazel hydrosol no alcohol, no preservatives - shelf life depends on how often the bottle is opened - up to 3 years. Learn more about the uses history and formulas for witch hazel, the differences in products called witch hazel.
There is 1 pound of FRESH wild witch hazel leaves in every pint of witch hazel hydrosol  

Lemon Balm Co-distilled with Witch Hazel WILD CRAFTED 100% Pure.
This is one of the most wonderful products I have ever produced.When you make a cake, you cannot pull out the eggs any longer. This statement explains co-distillation.  In putting two plants, witch hazel and lemon balm, into the distiller we blend them together so that they are one.  Others might add essential oil to industrial witch hazel and it simply not the same.  Our lemon balm is wild harvested from a local property and taken right to the still and layered in with witch hazel leaf . Pre-distilled water is used and the ratio of 1 lb per pint remains true. Extremely refreshing and calming - a complete winner. Our witch hazel is 100% botanically certified and alcohol free. Sustainably harvested, distilled,  on our wild crops farm. Fragrant and powerful. Incredibly fresh - the new harvest just in! No additives, no preservatives, no alcohol. Contains only witch hazel,wild harvested lemon balm and distilled water. This product is not made from pulp wood, like commercial witch hazel and is nothing at all like the industrial version in the grocery."

The scent of both is wonderful, but particularly spectacular, earthy and natural with the Lemon one.  Nothing at all like the drug store or Thayer’s plain witch hazel.  I use it without aftershave most days.  

I’m now acutely addicted to this one.  Shipping costs to Canada are terrible, but it is worth every cent to us witch hazel adherents.

I’ve attached a couple snaps I just took of the bottles.

Full disclosure:  I am not affiliated with the company.

1 405
 09-26-2015, 10:13 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Thayers and Dickensons are NOTHING like the product sold  in the 60s and 70s of my misspent youth. Their products saw a gross price hike some years back. Any product at true strength is worth it.

2 3,171
 09-26-2015, 11:56 AM
User Info
Too to hear you are enjoying it! Thumbsup

83 21,081