09-27-2015, 04:38 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Hello everyone!

Recently, I bought both the Nuavia soaps, Blu and Rossa. The scents are amazing and performance is one of the best. I have only tried the Blu, as I bought just yesterday the Rossa. The ingredients of these soaps proved to be very beneficial for my skin.

I was wondering about the differences that may exist between Nuavia and other premium soaps, like MdC or ABC. I would like to read the thoughts of those who have  tried them. Unfortunately, Nuavia are the only premium soaps I have, that's why I am asking.

49 1,940
 09-27-2015, 08:50 AM
User Info
The Nuavia soaps are game changers for me, based on scent and performance. The cushion and glide are phenomenal. The scents, to my nose, are very refined. Blu would be my cold weather scent and the Rossa for Spring/Summer.

For me, Xpec is at the top in terms of performance, followed by Castle Forbes, SMN, Simpsons Unscented, ADP, ABC, and the offerings by SdM. Nuavia, for me, performs the same as Xpec. These may well be my new favorite soaps based on performance (I doubt anything will ever dethrone C&S Oxford and Cambridge for scent). I will say that Nuavia has caused me to revaluate my current rotation. I have several soaps/creams that will be on the way out now that these have arrived. Nuavia is just that good.

158 1,016
 09-27-2015, 09:00 AM
User Info
I wonder if that is a class based more on subjective and individual enjoyment rather than general terms. There are quite a few mid priced soaps that are a joy to use, so I generally stay below 30 USD or 30 Euro for a pack of soap

21 1,175
 09-27-2015, 09:05 AM
User Info
Class based?   Explain before I tell you what I think....

And, of course, opinions are based on individual enjoyment  Huh

61 3,796
 09-27-2015, 09:09 AM
User Info
Quote:I wonder if that is a class based more on subjective and individual enjoyment rather than general terms.

Quote:Class based?   Explain before I tell you what I think....

high end soaps as a class do offer little extra over the usual favourites, in my experience. Go ahead and tell your story

21 1,175
 09-27-2015, 09:13 AM
User Info
(09-27-2015, 09:09 AM)Bibbelmann Wrote:
Quote:I wonder if that is a class based more on subjective and individual enjoyment rather than general terms.

high end soaps as a class do offer little extra over the usual favourites, in my experience. Go ahead and tell your story

I can agree with that.  I feel the same way.  I thought you were going to start preaching the nickle and dime theory 24 that's why I wanted to read your clarification first.

We have some people in here that like to criticize people who wishes to spend more on soaps. Sleepy

61 3,796
 09-27-2015, 09:15 AM
User Info

The OP asked for a compare/contrast with other PREMIUM soaps, which is why I responded as I did. Discussions about the merits of premium vs less expensive soaps should be reserved for another thread, as they serve no purpose in regard to the question posed.

158 1,016
 09-27-2015, 09:21 AM
User Info
I got this soap, both Blu and Rossa, last week.  I used the Blu and the quality is excellent.  The scent is amazing and you don't need a lot of product for a good lather.

IMO, it is in par with SMN, AdP, and some of the other high end soaps I own.

61 3,796
 09-27-2015, 09:47 AM
User Info
(09-27-2015, 09:15 AM)nervosa1901 Wrote:

The OP asked for a compare/contrast with other PREMIUM soaps, which is why I responded as I did. Discussions about the merits of premium vs less expensive soaps should be reserved for another thread, as they serve no purpose in regard to the question posed.
YES  Signs011  While I'm here I'll way in as I have all three the OP was asking about.  I am in agreeance regarding scent.  It has a lot of depth to it as well IMO a very elegant tone.  I think the performance is way up there.  For me it can hold its own with ABC & MDC to include XPEC, SdM, Castle Forbes, ADP.  I say this as I own all I just listed.  

YMMV but those are my thoughts.

17 1,297
 09-27-2015, 01:31 PM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
I like the Blu, and the coffret is very nice. If I had my druthers, a little more density to the soap would be preferred as I like a CRSW/B&M/Caties type consistency. Perhaps I will come to like the softer croap/putty consistency.

143 1,983
 09-28-2015, 07:12 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Thank you for the answers!

I would like to try ABC, but recently I bought many soaps. I have read some great reviews!

49 1,940
 10-22-2015, 10:34 PM
User Info
Hello, 

I am curious what the best North American source for Pannacrema Nuavia is--best prices and shipping. Also are there any London stockists of Nuavia? Thanks for any info!

Regards, 

ntr(nwu)

1 255
 10-22-2015, 10:39 PM
User Info
I've been trying to figure out the same thing. I haven't seen anything except the official site. And unfortunately, samples seem to be completely unavailable Sad. I'd post on the WTB forum about samples of that and Boellis 1924 Panama (exact same problem) but I don't think I meet the requirements yet.

3 1,484
 10-22-2015, 10:47 PM
User Info
I'm really interested in comparisons to Nuavia & other high end soaps. From what I can tell based on reviews, Nuavia has one of the best post-shave feels on the market. Others in this category include Boellis 1924 Panama and the Czech & Speake offerings, but since I have tried none of the above, I am unable to do my own examination. I did try Antica Barbieria Colla soap today though and it was simply divine. Perfect shave with zero fuss or irritation.

I'm also surprised that a lot of posters here mention SMN (also on my radar), which I've heard is more of a cream/croap than a soap.

3 1,484
 10-22-2015, 11:03 PM
User Info
The Nuavia and Boellis 1924 are not the same. I ordered direct from Pannacremas website, shipping was fast, (1 week ) and they threw in some bar soap samples as well. Additionally the handwritten thank you note was a nice touch.

17 1,297
 10-22-2015, 11:46 PM
User Info
(10-22-2015, 10:47 PM)NeoXerxes Wrote: I'm also surprised that a lot of posters here mention SMN (also on my radar), which I've heard is more of a cream/croap than a soap.
To give you some idea of SMN's consistency, I remove a dollop from its container to lather--though it is firm enough for those who wish to do a direct-lather.
[Note: I refer to V2, since I haven't yet used V3; but apparently there has been no change in consistency in reformulation].

0 427
 10-23-2015, 07:15 AM
User Info
(10-22-2015, 11:46 PM)ask4Edge Wrote:
(10-22-2015, 10:47 PM)NeoXerxes Wrote: I'm also surprised that a lot of posters here mention SMN (also on my radar), which I've heard is more of a cream/croap than a soap.
To give you some idea of SMN's consistency, I remove a dollop from its container to lather--though it is firm enough for those who wish to do a direct-lather.
[Note: I refer to V2, since I haven't yet used V3; but apparently there has been no change in consistency in reformulation].
Thanks much! I often prefer to remove dollops if possible since it's more sanitary. SMN V3 is one I'd love to buy but I'm only put off by the massive markup on the US price over tubs sold abroad. I'm trying to hold off until a trip to Europe.

3 1,484