06-28-2012, 05:22 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Today I received my shiny new heavy long-handled Merkur Progress Biggrin

I am very pleased with the weight of the razor, and love the audio feedback that comes from those hollowed chambers from the base-plate.
(set to 5 in this photo)

The razor is pretty sturdy feeling with that thick handle, and I made a wise choice for myself by going with the long-handle version of this adjustable razor. The Tradere Handle that I own would come out to just about the same length, and I LOVE the Tradere handle. The longer handles seem to help me pick several balancing points when doing different shave-functions
(there it is clearly longer than the other razors in the group)

Very Satisfied with my purchase! Cool

9 1,684
 06-28-2012, 05:35 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
It's a beauty (till you put it above that awful Broncos logo)Biggrin

Kidding. They are great razors and they're my favorite of the DE adjustables

116 3,804
 06-28-2012, 06:40 PM
User Info
Congrats on your new addition. There seems to be a lot of love for the Long Handled Progress. One of these days I will get around to buying one.

5 833
 06-28-2012, 06:53 PM
User Info
i have a BRW modified Progress. and am always amazed and how well the Merkur Head performs. i find it has great feedback in sound cutting the whiskers, as i can hardly feel it cutting.

it's a very nice adjustable.

8 2,718
 06-28-2012, 08:36 PM
User Info
(06-28-2012, 06:53 PM)brucered Wrote: i have a BRW modified Progress. and am always amazed and how well the Merkur Head performs. i find it has great feedback in sound cutting the whiskers, as i can hardly feel it cutting.

it's a very nice adjustable.

I have the BRW modified too. It's a very easy to use razor. I recommend one in any form.

9 1,199
 06-29-2012, 02:59 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(06-28-2012, 05:35 PM)Dave Wrote: It's a beauty (till you put it above that awful Broncos logo)Biggrin

Kidding. They are great razors and they're my favorite of the DE adjustables

Tongue well, if we ever TN-group meet, I'll be sure to wear ALL Broncos gear!

9 1,684
 06-29-2012, 09:54 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Glad to hear that you are liking the Progress!

I love my Mergress which I think is just a tad heavier.
I think that if I had to choose just one desert island razor, the Mergress would be it. With it's purpose, feel and adjustability, I can really never go wrong when I shave with it.

You're collection looks great! Just change that background to Giant's blue and you'll be all set. Wink

6 905
 06-29-2012, 07:00 PM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
thank you all for reading through my *Initial* review of the Progress LH Smile

I now intend to give it the next couple of weeks to get closely acquainted, and to do a more thorough review of how it shaves for me.

Also, Keep it BURNT ORANGE!!!
GO BRONCOS!
Biggrin

9 1,684
 07-01-2012, 06:16 AM
User Info
great razor......I have 2 adjustable razor's & of the 2 my Merkur is the favorite. I can always find the perfect setting.

6 80