11-15-2015, 09:39 AM
User Info
(09-28-2015, 06:15 PM)garyg Wrote: I've gotten my fair share of free blades from the Bay .. most often in Injectors.  Actually got a cut from the first one when I grabbed the razor carelessly from the recycled newspaper packing in the pre-experienced bubble mailer it arrived in.   If I was going to die from it reckon it should have happened by new, that was in maybe 2009, and the previous owner may have been dead for 30 years.   Now I'm more careful, and don't do much fleabaying anymore.

Folks have different tolerances for used stuff - I've read posts from people who won't even consider a vintage razor because of cooties, let alone a brush or soap.  But I'll admit I can't figure out why ship an old crusty blade, unless the seller hasn't a clue about what they are peddling .. where sometimes one finds the best deals.

I'd not use rubbing alcohol on anything but a hard surface, partially melted the handle of a Schick that way once.  Strongest recommended for hair would be vinegar or maybe borax solution, very briefly.

I can see a blade being left in an injector, when new they come with a plastic blank installed. They should always have a blade installed so that they aren't damaged when loading a new blade. I just recieved a Gem Bullitt Tip Micromatic off Ebay that still had a rusty carbon blade installed. No big deal as I saw it in the pictures and knew what to expect. The seller didn't want to touch the blade, figured I was the expert since I wanted to buy it. Gold razor cleaned up nicely, rust stains came right off.

Clayton

6 728
 11-15-2015, 09:47 AM
User Info
I treat every razor I recieve like it's loaded when I take it out of the box.

Clayton

6 728
 11-15-2015, 09:57 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Treat a razor like a gun and figure it's always loaded.  That's how accidents happen.

181 25,140