06-28-2012, 08:52 PM
User Info
hi everyone,

anyone have any experience with twinluxe's booster serum and aftershave balm? a while back i picked up the kit that comes with these two plus the shaving cream on ebay for less than half the price it sells for new and haven't bothered using it given how much stuff i have.

i ran out of witch hazel, which i usually use post shave prior to applying an aftershave. since i already have it, i thought i'd start using the booster serum.

i know twinluxe is expensive so we can get those comments out of the way. i'll be using this booster serum so i'll let people know how it goes once i start using it. i wanted to see if others have tried it.

8 118
 06-29-2012, 12:02 PM
  • Qhead
  • Cleveland, Ohio
User Info
I've never tried it but was intrigued given the cost and cool packaging, etc. I'm interested in your review so remember to let us know your thoughts!

15 185
 07-24-2012, 08:14 PM
User Info
hi everyone,

just wanted to give folks an update on my use of this product. i have used the twinluxe booster serum for 10 uses. the product is recommended both as a pre-shave and a pre-post shave. the way they describe it is that you can leave it on before you lather and/or before you apply your aftershave.

i've used it as a pre-aftershave application. i'm using it in place of some witch hazel. I can say that this product does work really well. the only ding i could give it is that it doesn't work quite the same way that witch hazel does. for me, i could apply witch hazel rather than going with the alum block to close up some minor weepers and such. the twinluxe will not help out with weepers or cuts, but i don't think it was marketed that way. so if folks like their witch hazel for what it does, the twinluxe doesn't add much to it and wouldn't replace it. on the other hand, if one doesn't need a product to help with some minor weepers or cuts, then the twinluxe really does shine. it applies smoothly on the face and does provide some relief of irritation. it makes my face feel pretty fresh and rejuvenated. i could probably use it as a stand-alone aftershave but i think it doesn't quite have the moisturizing properties, which is likely why they recommend using an ASB after.

i have not yet used it prior to an aftershave splash, but using it before my aftershave balms is pretty nice. i would like to think it would help prevent the burn from a splash (although some like that burn). I'll try using it with a splash and report back to folks.

to this point, i like this product but i'm not quite in love with it. i currently use an aos pre-shave oil and am about 50 shaves from using that up. once i do, i think i would like to use this as a pre-shave to see how it goes. the unfortunate thing about this product is that it's the priciest of the products twinluxe has to offer. i've never used proraso's pre-post stuff but i would argue that at 1/10 the cost of twinluxe, it's probably just as good if not slightly less effective. this stuff is good, but a reduction in price would be nice. i think i would pay more for this stuff than others for sure, just not quite sure i'd pay 70 for it. the pump application is really nice. one pump and that's all you need. i'm keeping track of how many uses i get out of it to determine cost per shave analysis.

let me know if you have any questions as i continue to test this product out.

8 118
 01-08-2013, 03:07 PM
User Info
I used this thing for 91 shaves. I bought it used on ebay in a package that included the shaving cream, the aftershave balm and this booster serum thing. The serum is the most expensive of their line at $76. I can't imagine it having been used a lot since the cream and balm were almost unused when I got them. Even at 100 shaves that is 76 cents a shave, which is pretty crazy if you asked me. It is advertised as a pre-post cream. I only used it after the shave. It was not advertised as an alum or witch hazel replacement so it does not do much as far as weepers or tiny nicks are concerned. It's very soothing and does actually give you healthier skin. I didn't notice that great a change that would justify replacing this. I never used all three products together, so perhaps if used with the rest of the line this could be a nice deal. I just don't see this standing alone and being a great product to justify it's cost.

8 118
 01-09-2013, 04:21 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Thanks for your testing and reviewing this product. Their product line is fairly expensive but most limited trendy things are.

173 23,546