09-29-2015, 09:13 PM
User Info
As I get older my brows have started to sprout some strange thick wiry hairs.

At first I trimmed them with scissors but (and I hope this doesn't sound crazy) some of these hairs are so thick they stand out even when short and actually hurt. So now I pluck them and I swear I can feel the skin relaxing once the thick monster hair is gone.

Problem is I do this constantly to stay on top of the problem. Anyone else have this issue? how do you conquer your thicker hairs?

0 131
 09-29-2015, 09:28 PM
User Info
(09-29-2015, 09:13 PM)Billium Wrote: As I get older my brows have started to sprout some strange thick wiry hairs.

At first I trimmed them with scissors but (and I hope this doesn't sound crazy) some of these hairs are so thick they stand out even when short and actually hurt.  So now I pluck them and I swear I can feel the skin relaxing once the thick monster hair is gone.

Problem is I do this constantly to stay on top of the problem.  Anyone else have this issue?  how do you conquer your thicker hairs?

I have same problem. My wife trims and plucks them, and I pluck them sometimes too but only when I have a couple sticking out that are bothering me. She always seems to think they need trimmed though, but she is a hairstylist and does my hair too.

13 947
 09-30-2015, 06:50 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Byproduct of getting older for me. My barber has taken to trimming every time I go in (every two weeks, short hair that grows like my beard- fast and thick).

My wife calls them "wispy" and also presented me with a dual purpose nose hair and eye brow trimmer that I will use when either she comments or I notice.

Stinks but it is what it is...

2 1,180
 09-30-2015, 07:41 AM
User Info
A few years ago I worked in an extremely hot environment and eyebrows would collect sweat and that would then stream down my glasses. At about the same time I began giving myself buzz cuts for the same hot reason. Then I realized that I could just use a longer setting on the clippers and remove my eyebrows. The cutter makes short work of all hair. I do that every 2 weeks.

If I let my eyebrows grow out I'd need to comb the things.

32 6,445
 09-30-2015, 07:58 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(09-30-2015, 06:50 AM)kwsher Wrote: Byproduct of getting older for me. My barber has taken to trimming every time I go in (every two weeks, short hair that grows like my beard- fast and thick).

My wife calls them "wispy" and also presented me with a dual purpose nose hair and eye brow trimmer that I will use when either she comments or I notice.

At the ripe age of 37 I have had to invest in one of these trimmers as well.  I was a bit embarrassed to have to buy such a tool, but after using it for both purposes I actually look younger so it is a worthwhile $10 investment.  My 13 year-old daughter went as far as to tell me that my eyebrows were on fleck (I have no idea what it means but it sounds positive).

139 2,677
 09-30-2015, 08:05 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(09-30-2015, 07:58 AM)blzrfn Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 06:50 AM)kwsher Wrote: Byproduct of getting older for me. My barber has taken to trimming every time I go in (every two weeks, short hair that grows like my beard- fast and thick).

At the ripe age of 37 I have had to invest in one of these trimmers as well.  I was a bit embarrassed to have to buy such a tool, but after using it for both purposes I actually look younger so it is a worthwhile $10 investment.  My 13 year-old daughter went as far as to tell me that my eyebrows were on fleck (I have no idea what it means but it sounds positive).
I really need to understand what "on fleck"means so that I can throw it out for my nieces and nephews; will help me maintain relevance and cool uncle factor. Can you ask her without jeopardizing your status? Wink

2 1,180
 09-30-2015, 08:08 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(09-30-2015, 08:05 AM)kwsher Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 07:58 AM)blzrfn Wrote:

I really need to understand what "on fleck"means so that I can throw it out for my nieces and nephews; will help me maintain relevance and cool uncle factor. Can you ask her without jeopardizing your status? Wink
I'll take one for the team

139 2,677
 09-30-2015, 09:40 AM
User Info
I don't necessarily have this issue, but I do pluck any longer eyebrow when needed.

I have never heard the expresson 'on fleck'. Is it a term used by the youth in the US? I have never heard my son or his peers using it.

82 21,056
 09-30-2015, 10:08 AM
User Info
I don't know what on fleck is either.  I feel like I walk around enough to hear street vernacular but that one is new to me.

Do all eyebrow hairs convert to barbed wire over time btw?  Meaning will I look like this guy if I continue to yoink them out?

[Image: tumblr_leql88qvCE1qeno7ho1_400.jpg]

0 131
 09-30-2015, 11:05 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Well that was an embarrassing text exchange with my daughter.  My eyebrows are not "on fleck" but rather "on fleek".  Rather than dictate the lecture from my daughter here is the info from urban dictionary.

on fleek

the quality of being perfect, or on point i.e. Zayn Malik
Zayn is on fleek due to his ability to appear perfect at all times.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=on+fleek

139 2,677
 09-30-2015, 12:57 PM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
I think we should create some momentum around on fleck...

Thanks for taking the hit. I am sure you'll get more ribbing later on today!

2 1,180
 09-30-2015, 01:27 PM
User Info
It's still a relative term, hence meaningless IMO.

32 6,445
 09-30-2015, 04:25 PM
User Info
As a young lad, I always had thick, black eyebrows.  So thick that when I got into my teens, I had to start plucking them in the middle to keep from having a uni-brow.

As I was going through my 40's, I would get the occasional white eyebrow hair so I plucked those, too.  Then I started getting more and more white hairs so I was constantly plucking away.

Somewhere around 50 I noticed that my eyebrows, or rather what was left of them, were starting to thin out from all the plucking.  So I stopped.  Some hairs grew back, but others never did.

So now, in my late 50s, I have somewhat thin, mostly white, eyebrows.

Sigh.    Babeando

0 135