09-30-2015, 04:03 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
I just wanted to vent here a little. It annoys me when you send an email twice and don't get a response. It shows he/she doesn't care about the customer. I actually enjoyed the samples very much but now I don't want to buy their product b/c of no response. Is it irrational to think that way? I don't want to mention any names b/c I'll be the bigger person by not messing up their reputation but just irks me. Well you guys have a great day and thanks for chiming in!

10 963
 09-30-2015, 04:19 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Most of us are impatient when it concerns shaving stuff  Wink I have had the same experience here and there. Even from shops that normally answer very quickly, hey they also have a life and often many things going on in their business. Sometimes I get a very fast reply and they ship immediately but then customs holds my stuff for weeks, that's just the way it is.

31 1,545
 09-30-2015, 04:33 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
(09-30-2015, 04:19 AM)Snuff Wrote: Most of us are impatient when it concerns shaving stuff  Wink I have had the same experience here and there. Even from shops that normally answer very quickly, hey they also have a life and often many things going on in their business. Sometimes I get a very fast reply and they ship immediately but then customs holds my stuff for weeks, that's just the way it is.

No I understand, I don't expect an answer immediately. I sent my first email on Monday Morning and then again yesterday afternoon. Hopefully I hear something today.

10 963
 09-30-2015, 04:47 AM
User Info
(09-30-2015, 04:33 AM)Balj86 Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 04:19 AM)Snuff Wrote: Most of us are impatient when it concerns shaving stuff  Wink I have had the same experience here and there. Even from shops that normally answer very quickly, hey they also have a life and often many things going on in their business. Sometimes I get a very fast reply and they ship immediately but then customs holds my stuff for weeks, that's just the way it is.

No I understand, I don't expect an answer immediately. I sent my first email on Monday Morning and then again yesterday afternoon. Hopefully I hear something today.

That's just over 24 hours for a business to respond with a personal answer.  It's not fair to expect the same type or response time you get from friends and family. 

Most of these wet shaving businesses are one man or woman, have families, get sick and are just busy with day to day business.

8 2,718
 09-30-2015, 05:15 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
(09-30-2015, 04:47 AM)Bruce Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 04:33 AM)Balj86 Wrote:

That's just over 24 hours for a business to respond with a personal answer.  It's not fair to expect the same type or response time you get from friends and family. 

Most of these wet shaving businesses are one man or woman, have families, get sick and are just busy with day to day business.

I'm not trying trying to deny that b/c I would be doing the same if someone got sick and needed my help. Not to make an argument, but they have been posting on Twitter which was after my email. If they can do that, why can't they answer my question?

10 963
 09-30-2015, 05:45 AM
User Info
(09-30-2015, 04:03 AM)Balj86 Wrote: I just wanted to vent here a little. It annoys me when you send an email twice and don't get a response. It shows he/she doesn't care about the customer. I actually enjoyed the samples very much but now I don't want to buy their product b/c of no response. Is it irrational to think that way? I don't want to mention any names b/c I'll be the bigger person by not messing up their reputation but just irks me. Well you guys have a great day and thanks for chiming in!

I guess you don't buy Morris & Forndran brushes then  Wink

Lee Sabini might be a perfect Gentleman, once you actually get in touch with him, but his way of treating his email customers can hardly be recognized as Gentleman behavior.

25 6,352
 09-30-2015, 05:51 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
(09-30-2015, 05:45 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 04:03 AM)Balj86 Wrote: I just wanted to vent here a little. It annoys me when you send an email twice and don't get a response. It shows he/she doesn't care about the customer. I actually enjoyed the samples very much but now I don't want to buy their product b/c of no response. Is it irrational to think that way? I don't want to mention any names b/c I'll be the bigger person by not messing up their reputation but just irks me. Well you guys have a great day and thanks for chiming in!

I guess you don't buy Morris & Forndran brushes then  Wink

Lee Sabini might be a perfect Gentleman, once you actually get in touch with him, but his way of treating his email customers can hardly be recognized as Gentleman behavior.

Haha! I can confirm its not Lee. But already knowing there is a waiting for M&F I understand patience is needed.

10 963
 09-30-2015, 06:30 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Based on your other posts I believe I know the Artisan- although I know it can be frustrating, if it is who I believe it is, they are a two person shop and have just released a couple of new scents and recently activated sku's at several new vendors.

Not defending them but also know that they don't participate in the forums so can't defend themselves.

My own personal experience is that they are very prompt to respond as a general rule and Monday to Wednesday may not be a source of frustration for me personally.

Regardless, good luck!

2 1,180
 09-30-2015, 07:46 AM
User Info
My take on it is that if a vendor doesn't reply after a given time - I move on.  There are a lot of good vendors out there making wonderful products.  If I have to go out of my way to try and track down a vendor or repeatedly have to email them to beg them to sell me their product - well that isn't me.  I will find someone else to buy a product from because - and this is my personal feeling - no vendor product is that critical to my existance that I will waste the time and money on unresponsive merchants.

That said I haven't had any issues with vendors that I have bought from with one exception.  The vendor was quick to respond to my email but was not sympathetic to my critique that the soap did not smell at all like it was labeled.  Had they not responded - I would find other vendors.

4 489
 09-30-2015, 08:36 AM
User Info
There is also always the chance your email was somehow routed to their spam box. They may be going through their received ones at the moment and have just yet to double check their spam. Even if you have emailed them before with no issues it can happen.

154 3,740
 09-30-2015, 08:46 AM
User Info
I just move on, my money is just as good elsewhere.  Plus I don't like to deal with Prima Donnas.

61 3,796
 09-30-2015, 09:36 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
(09-30-2015, 06:30 AM)kwsher Wrote: Based on your other posts I believe I know the Artisan- although I know it can be frustrating, if it is who I believe it is, they are a two person shop and have just released a couple of new scents and recently activated sku's at several new vendors.

Not defending them but also know that they don't participate in the forums so can't defend themselves.

My own personal experience is that they are very prompt to respond as a general rule and Monday to Wednesday may not be a source of frustration for me personally.

Regardless, good luck!

(09-30-2015, 07:46 AM)Cincinnatus Wrote: My take on it is that if a vendor doesn't reply after a given time - I move on.  There are a lot of good vendors out there making wonderful products.  If I have to go out of my way to try and track down a vendor or repeatedly have to email them to beg them to sell me their product - well that isn't me.  I will find someone else to buy a product from because - and this is my personal feeling - no vendor product is that critical to my existance that I will waste the time and money on unresponsive merchants.

That said I haven't had any issues with vendors that I have bought from with one exception.  The vendor was quick to respond to my email but was not sympathetic to my critique that the soap did not smell at all like it was labeled.  Had they not responded - I would find other vendors.

(09-30-2015, 08:36 AM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: There is also always the chance your email was somehow routed to their spam box. They may be going through their received ones at the moment and have just yet to double check their spam. Even if you have emailed them before with no issues it can happen.

(09-30-2015, 08:46 AM)hrfdez Wrote: I just move on, my money is just as good elsewhere.  Plus I don't like to deal with Prima Donnas.

All great points!

10 963
 09-30-2015, 09:49 AM
User Info
A brush maker/friend of mine just had a death in the family. The one I'm talking about is always fast to respond ,if you want to shoot me a pm I'll let you know if that's the same one your dealing with,and if it is well now you know why.

My deal is this if I send a business an email I'd like to receive an email reply within 72 hours. If something is going on well I understand that. 

I've only been ignored by one vendor and Ill let everyone know who it is. It was Greg at Ikon. Send him an email asking a question about a razor and he never got back with me, oh well I know I sent the right email and I know he had a gmail. which is my next talking point .he ignored me and doing a Google search he does that a lot. Oh well maybe one day I'll be lucky enough for Greg to bless me with a reply. May be too late and I like Ikon razors but Greg don't be saying you can contact you anytime and then when someone does contact you  you ignore them,I mean it's not just me it's becoming known you do this.

If you have a business IMO you need a Gmail. How many people don't have a smart phone now days? Or how many business people don't have a smart phone?I keep my gmail to auto sync so all my emails come through and make a sound as soon as they hit my inbox.

3 1,356
 09-30-2015, 09:51 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
It's not just shaving. I've literally stood in stores waving 5 sawbucks in the air unnoticed. Oh, but walk out without buying and on more than one occasion I've had some chunkhead LP officer think I shoplifted something. I've emailed online vendors 2-3 times over a 2-3 month period without reply. I don't give up. I send a heartfelt apology for trying to do business and help feed their families. I try to attach a receipt for the item purchased elsewhere. When I worked retail an old time salesman told me never pass on a customer. You may not have any tomorrow.'

2 3,171
 09-30-2015, 10:20 AM
User Info
(09-30-2015, 09:51 AM)kav Wrote: It's not just shaving. I've literally stood in stores waving 5 sawbucks in the air unnoticed. Oh, but walk out without buying and on more than one occasion I've had some chunkhead LP officer think I shoplifted something. I've emailed online vendors 2-3 times over a 2-3 month period without reply. I don't give up. I send a heartfelt apology for trying to do business and help feed their families. I try to attach a receipt for the item purchased elsewhere. When I worked retail an old time salesman told me never pass on a customer. You may not have any tomorrow.'

If I get ignored in a store,which ill admit is rare,I'm a big guy and I'm hard to miss. The couple of times I have been ignored well I'll give the examples off the top of my head. Got ignored at a car dealership guess they didn't think I looked like I could buy a vehicle, I drove the brand new camaro I bought from the Chevy dealership to the Ford dealership to show them yes I had the money to buy a car.

Got ignored in bed bath and beyond,this is a messed up story I forgot but we were shopping last weekend and wife brought up why we don't do business there . I had forgot it but here it goes. When my son was a toddler we were in bed bath and beyond shopping,I couldn't get any help and at that time I was recovering from injuries I had received while in the Army, I wore a backpack instead of a diaper bag for my son. When I finally got some help it was the store manager and he accused me of stealing because of my backpack. He actually attempted to grab my backpack and take it off me ,I informed him of my injuries and even showed him, I opened my backpack and he saw it was a diaper bag,I told him where my injuries came from and he apologized but I walked out. I took my complaint to the top of bed bath and beyond over what happened that day. I walked in the USMC recruiting office next door to the BB&B and told them what happened too. Last time that manager called me he told me that the Marines were still telling people not to shop at that store.

3 1,356
 09-30-2015, 10:28 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
(09-30-2015, 09:49 AM)Otis375 Wrote: A brush maker/friend of mine just had a death in the family. The one I'm talking about is always fast to respond ,if you want to shoot me a pm I'll let you know if that's the same one your dealing with,and if it is well now you know why.

My deal is this if I send a business an email I'd like to receive an email reply within 72 hours. If something is going on well I understand that. 

I've only been ignored by one vendor and Ill let everyone know who it is. It was Greg at Ikon. Send him an email asking a question about a razor and he never got back with me, oh well I know I sent the right email and I know he had a gmail. which is my next talking point .he ignored me and doing a Google search he does that a lot. Oh well maybe one day I'll be lucky enough for Greg to bless me with a reply. May be too late and I like Ikon razors but Greg don't be saying you can contact you anytime and then when someone does contact you  you ignore them,I mean it's not just me it's becoming known you do this.

If you have a business IMO you need a Gmail. How many people don't have a smart phone now days? Or how many business people don't have a smart phone?I keep my gmail to auto sync so all my emails come through and make a sound as soon as they hit my inbox.

It isn't a brush maker thankfully. 

(09-30-2015, 09:51 AM)kav Wrote: It's not just shaving. I've literally stood in stores waving 5 sawbucks in the air unnoticed. Oh, but walk out without buying and on more than one occasion I've had some chunkhead LP officer think I shoplifted something. I've emailed online vendors 2-3 times over a 2-3 month period without reply. I don't give up. I send a heartfelt apology for trying to do business and help feed their families. I try to attach a receipt for the item purchased elsewhere. When I worked retail an old time salesman told me never pass on a customer. You may not have any tomorrow.'

(09-30-2015, 10:20 AM)Otis375 Wrote:

If I get ignored in a store,which ill admit is rare,I'm a big guy and I'm hard to miss. The couple of times I have been ignored well I'll give the examples off the top of my head. Got ignored at a car dealership guess they didn't think I looked like I could buy a vehicle, I drove the brand new camaro I bought from the Chevy dealership to the Ford dealership to show them yes I had the money to buy a car.

Got ignored in bed bath and beyond,this is a messed up story I forgot but we were shopping last weekend and wife brought up why we don't do business there . I had forgot it but here it goes. When my son was a toddler we were in bed bath and beyond shopping,I couldn't get any help and at that time I was recovering from injuries I had received while in the Army, I wore a backpack instead of a diaper bag for my son. When I finally got some help it was the store manager and he accused me of stealing because of my backpack. He actually attempted to grab my backpack and take it off me ,I informed him of my injuries and even showed him, I opened my backpack and he saw it was a diaper bag,I told him where my injuries came from and he apologized but I walked out. I took my complaint to the top of bed bath and beyond over what happened that day. I walked in the USMC recruiting office next door to the BB&B and told them what happened too. Last time that manager called me he told me that the Marines were still telling people not to shop at that store.

I'm sorry to hear that. So messed up to read such events could ever occur like that.

10 963
 09-30-2015, 10:33 AM
User Info
(09-30-2015, 07:46 AM)Cincinnatus Wrote: My take on it is that if a vendor doesn't reply after a given time - I move on.  ...

I agree. But you have to give them more then 1 day to respond.

They are entitled to time off work and don't have to reply at all hours of the day. The email sent by the OP could have been in line behind other emails and business.

I'm not saying you are guilty of it, but many in this thread are giving the OP advise to move one and dismiss this vendor....it was hasn't even been 2 days, maybe 3 by my calculations.

If I gave up on people after a day or two and boycotted those vendors (shaving and general retail), I would have anyone to buy from. A second email after 3-4 days and if no reply, I move on too.

All evidence has been buried. All tapes have been erased.

8 2,718
 09-30-2015, 10:41 AM
User Info
(09-30-2015, 10:33 AM)Bruce Wrote:
(09-30-2015, 07:46 AM)Cincinnatus Wrote: My take on it is that if a vendor doesn't reply after a given time - I move on.  ...

I agree.  But you have to give them more then 1 day to respond.

They are entitled to time off work and don't have to reply at all hours of the day.  The email sent by the OP could have been in line behind other emails and business.

I'm not saying you are guilty of it, but many in this thread are giving the OP advise to move one and dismiss this vendor....it was hasn't even been 2 days, maybe 3 by my calculations.

If I gave up on people after a day or two and boycotted those vendors, I would have anyone to buy from.  A second email after 3-4 days and if no reply, I move on too.

All evidence has been buried.  All tapes have been erased.

If my response was taken like that it wasn't meant that way. Now if I send an email to a vendor and I haven't seen a reply in about a week I'll send one more, if they don't respond well that's the last time I'll try to contact them.

Most businesses will post on their website that they are on vacation etc. Which I agree everyone has the right to do. However if I send you an email and then you get on social media ,or other people post on forums about doing business with you during the samE time I sent an email then that's when I get a little aggravated.

Alot of our artisans are just little small family businesses and if you have children then all bets are off. It's hard to be reliable when you have young children.

OP did the vendor your speaking of have a phone number? If so have you tried calling them? I'm sure you know things happen with emails.  I know with one of my email accounts it likes to send random emails into my spam or trash folder. If I had a large business then it might be hard to kkep track of emails. Sometimes a 30 second phone call is all that's needed and can solve what 10 emails can't.

3 1,356
 09-30-2015, 10:45 AM
User Info
Otis375 ' Wrote: If my response was taken like that it wasn't meant that way. Now if I send an email to a vendor and I haven't seen a reply in about a week I'll send one more, if they don't respond well that's the last time I'll try to contact them.

That's pretty much how I handle it too.

All evidence has been buried. All tapes have been erased.

8 2,718
 09-30-2015, 01:57 PM
User Info
(09-30-2015, 10:45 AM)Bruce Wrote:
Otis375 Wrote: If my response was taken like that it wasn't meant that way. Now if I send an email to a vendor and I haven't seen a reply in about a week I'll send one more, if they don't respond well that's the last time I'll try to contact them.

That's pretty much how I handle it too.

I should have stated that - yes I will email them and wait a period of time.  I understand that the little vendors are small shops with one or two people and life comes up.  If I don't hear back from them and then send a follow-up and still don't hear from them, I consider that enough.  There is always someone that will go that little extra to earn my money and I will go back to them.

4 489