09-30-2015, 09:21 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Bullgoose Shaving has added another highly rated French shaving soap to the arsenal. La Cigale Savon Barbe is actually more of a cream and it is perfect for those with sensitive skin. With no parabens and zero essential oils, this Aloe Vera infused soft soap produces a really slick lather and will reward you with excellent post shave skin care. It was a bit of a pain to bring in but...it is finally here. To celebrate its arrival, we are offering it at the special introductory price of only $8.50 a tub.

La Cigale

Here is a chronicle of its journey.

[Image: ahfhTYA.jpg][Image: XJRdkfr.jpg][Image: 6c1BL9H.jpg]

46 18,072
 09-30-2015, 10:10 AM
User Info
Very nice. Phil !

Lorenzo.

29 1,084
 09-30-2015, 12:39 PM
User Info
It is one of my all time favourites. So mild and natural.
100% organic by ingredients and made to high standards....

Excellent, Phil! Clap

21 1,175
 09-30-2015, 12:57 PM
User Info
Very nice soap, Phil. Gentle on my skin and excellent performance.

95 2,586
 10-05-2015, 06:31 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I thought some of you may find this interesting.

46 18,072
 10-06-2015, 03:48 AM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
.....informative video........... thank you for posting it.........

43 1,063
 11-02-2015, 03:17 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I just received, and shaved with my new puck. Are there any really bad French soap makers? You can FEEL the moisture running a finger across the puck. Everything is superb; ease of lathering, outstanding moisture retention and a VERY slick shave with equally good post shave conditioning before any application of aftershave product. The lack of essential oils truly helps those with sensitive skin- and we can all experience that at one time. The inclusion of Aloe' Vera may be the key. This succulent is actually not without controversy: Many Ethnobotanists and pharmacists  claiming the hype is mere water in nature's medicine cabinet in a arid environment. There are even a small minority of people who do exhibit allergies. I never argue with native herbalogies and like the stuff. It's a fun plant for any garden or patio. 
My PERSONAL observations: A plastic tub and the video states the palm oil is from Malaysia. Malaysia has a mixed record on certified Palm Oil
and I am curious. Palm Oil is the next big environmental worry. Indonesian fires for clearing forest for palm oil production is releasing a MASSIVE
carbon emission from the natural peat subsoil. This is even being called the new 'blood diamond' of responsible consumerism. Palm Oil is in EVERYTHING and the USA and China the biggest consumers. We can hardly avoid the stuff. I am contacting all palm soap makers on this issue. it
would be nice to take the lead and still enjoy our interest.
Meanwhile, it's a nice puck and sure to find use once empty. Phil's introductory price is extra incentive to buy one- or more. This is a soap worthy of everyone's attention and enough market to see it become a staple option and not another 'anyone willing to sell their puck'? in a future post.

2 3,171