10-02-2015, 04:16 AM
User Info
I sometimes miss the TOS on forums but so not to be violating any rules, can we state where we buy certain items for others to know or is that a violation of rules?  I will sometimes review products and put where I bought it so others do not have to do that crazy internet searching.  I am just a consumer of fine shaving paraphernalia and not a dealer or in business what so ever.  So my referrals are truly based on experience with a seller/business that is favorable.

Thank you!

0 413
 10-02-2015, 04:26 AM
User Info
I know I buy my supplies from BullGoose  Biggrin

61 3,796
 10-02-2015, 04:32 AM
User Info
Most of my software comes from IB and Connaught.  Both are Canada shipping friendly and carry most of the brands I want.  TVB for my Haslinger and Proraso Blue.  Brushes are wherever the best deal is, sometimes direct, sometimes BST.

I don't buy from most of the USA vendors as USPS is usually quite high to ship to me and I risk the chance of Duty/Import fees from Border Services.

8 2,718
 10-02-2015, 07:30 AM
User Info
I took a moment to review the forum rules and I don't see any issue with praising a particular vendor or seller or even just describing your experiences with that vendor.  So long as you are not a vendor in disguise you are perfectly fine.

84 1,505
 10-02-2015, 07:54 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
There are a number of "praise" threads and as a community member I appreciate them as long as fair and balanced as it has led me to try vendors that I had not placed orders with...

My preferred vendors include, but not limited to off the top of my head:

Italian Barber
Bullgoose
West Coast Shaving
Gifts and Care
Handlebar Supply
Maggard's
Shaving.ie

And of course directly with another of Artisans who are stellar.

2 1,180
 10-02-2015, 08:15 AM
User Info
Direct linking to non-supporting vendors or artisans are not allowed (please refer to the lists of supporting vendors and artisans) - but there are no restriction (apart from a ban on shilling, for obvious reasons) on talking about them or reviewing your experience with them. More information can be found in the forum rules.

Speaking as a shaver and not as a moderator, some of my best shopping experiences for soaps and hardware comes from Mike's Natural Soaps, Krampert's Finest, Connaught Shaving, Gifts&Care, bestshave.net (seems to have disappeared) and Shave-A-Buck (ditto).

3 4,482
 10-02-2015, 10:07 AM
User Info
Thanks guys.  I could not find anything and wanted to make sure.  I would never direct link them.  But I will sing praises of retailers I have had great buying experiences with.  Thanks for the replies.

0 413
 10-02-2015, 10:16 AM
User Info
(10-02-2015, 04:16 AM)Str8shaver Wrote: I sometimes miss the TOS on forums but so not to be violating any rules, can we state where we buy certain items for others to know or is that a violation of rules?  I will sometimes review products and put where I bought it so others do not have to do that crazy internet searching.  I am just a consumer of fine shaving paraphernalia and not a dealer or in business what so ever.  So my referrals are truly based on experience with a seller/business that is favorable.

Thank you!
From what I understand this is a forum created by a vendor. That being said it's not really meant to be an advertisement for bullgoose ,Phil just created this forum.

Ive mentioned othere vendors and other members talk about other vendors as well. I don't believe it's breaking any rules. I know for me it does give me kind of a weird feeling talking about other vendors on this forum. Nobody has ever said anything to me about it and I guess it's just a respect thing with me.

3 1,356
 10-02-2015, 05:38 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
Maggard Razors about 95% of the time. Only time I buy anywhere else is if they don't carry it.
Then, Bullgoose or Straight Razor Designs(hones, etc.).

2 1,683
 10-03-2015, 04:50 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Forgive my ignorance, please. But what is TOS an acronym for? The only thing I'm coming up with is Terms of Sale.

7 2,134
 10-03-2015, 05:31 PM
User Info
Terms of service, I believe.  As in whatever the rules are for a particular forum.  

Typically forums have the same set of general use rules but different sites have different rules when it comes to vendors, probably to keep vendors from pretending to be customers and writing fake reviews.  Naming the maker is always ok.  It gets a little murkier when the vendor and maker are the same entity.  And it's my understanding that at least one site won't allow vendors who aren't also sponsors to be mentioned, which makes me a little uncomfortable about that site.

0 135
 10-03-2015, 07:52 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Thanks for the explanation.

7 2,134
 10-08-2015, 07:24 PM
User Info
I'm a relative newcomer to this Forum and didn't realize when I joined that it had been created by a vendor, BullGoose.  I think it's pretty cool that they would allow other vendors to be named here, much less praised.

Having said that, I was in the market for a multi-razor stand and found one at BullGoose.  This would be my first buying experience with them.  I also ordered a cream and a razor bank to make the free shipping minimum.  Order placed Monday.  Order received Thursday.  A very smooth transaction.  And I like supporting an entity that's involved in supporting the wet shaving community generally.

But what I really like about this Forum is the Artisans Corner in the Swap and Shop section.  Man, those guys are good!

0 135