10-03-2015, 03:55 AM
User Info
Anyone ever try some of the Creed aftershave balms? Very curious about scent, longevity and post shave quality on those.

55 923
 10-03-2015, 04:20 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
I have the Green Irish Tweed balm, quality is excellent, the fragrance is true and quite strong -you won't need anything else. Lasts about 4 hours on me, possibly a bit more.

Cheers, Steve

7 540
 10-03-2015, 05:26 AM
User Info
Great news, thanks!

55 923
 10-03-2015, 03:31 PM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
They are top notch.  Owned GIT and Millesime Imperiale.

169 1,424
 10-03-2015, 04:09 PM
User Info
(10-03-2015, 03:55 AM)buickrob Wrote: Anyone ever try some of the Creed aftershave balms?  Very curious about scent, longevity and post shave quality on those.

13 947
 10-03-2015, 04:10 PM
User Info
(10-03-2015, 04:09 PM)Hobbyist Wrote:
(10-03-2015, 03:55 AM)buickrob Wrote: Anyone ever try some of the Creed aftershave balms?  Very curious about scent, longevity and post shave quality on those.

I have Creed Green Irish Tweed post shave balm and love the scent. It is definitely my favorite scent of all soaps and aftershaves I have tried, but due to the cost I would like to find a close matching shave soap. The GIT scent to me smells like a woodsy cologne type scent. The longevity is at least a couple of hours but after that I have a hard time picking it up. My wife smells it longer I believe but I don't smell any aftershaves longer than that really. As for the post shave quality, it is superb but it does not have any menthol so don't expect a face freeze or cooling at all. It conditions my skin very well and smells terrific.

When I bought the GIT at Neiman Marcus they had me try another Creed post shave balm but I can't remember the name. It was very nice and I almost bought it instead but since I set out to but GIT I stuck with that. I recommend smelling all of Creed's soaps, AS balms, and colognes if you go in a store to buy one. Also, I would not purchase Creed on the internet because I hear of a lot of fakes, unless you get it straight from Creed (if they offer online shopping). Neiman Marcus was great to deal with, they let me try another balm, and they gave me a few samples of the newest Creed cologne.

13 947
 10-10-2015, 08:59 AM
User Info

I have Creed Green Irish Tweed post shave balm and love the scent. I have to say it is my favorite scent of all soaps and aftershaves I have tried, but due to the cost I would like to find a close matching shave soap. The GIT scent to me smells like a woodsy cologne type scent to me. The longevity is at least a couple of hours but after that I have a hard time picking it up. My wife smells it longer I believe but I don't smell any aftershaves longer than that really. As for the post shave quality, it is superb but it does not have any menthol so don't expect a face freeze or cooling at all. It conditions my skin very well and smells terrific.

Stirling Sharp Dressed Man is, to my nose, dead on.

0 51
 10-10-2015, 09:07 AM
User Info
(10-10-2015, 08:59 AM)stroppinglad Wrote:

I have Creed Green Irish Tweed post shave balm and love the scent. I have to say it is my favorite scent of all soaps and aftershaves I have tried, but due to the cost I would like to find a close matching shave soap. The GIT scent to me smells like a woodsy cologne type scent to me. The longevity is at least a couple of hours but after that I have a hard time picking it up. My wife smells it longer I believe but I don't smell any aftershaves longer than that really. As for the post shave quality, it is superb but it does not have any menthol so don't expect a face freeze or cooling at all. It conditions my skin very well and smells terrific.

Stirling Sharp Dressed Man is, to my nose, dead on.

Thanks. I saw that on their description and it is in my cart there. I just need to checkout..lol.

13 947
 10-10-2015, 12:57 PM
User Info
In my personal opinion, I would never consider buying an expensive, expensive like in $50+ after shave, because I would always opt for the 'real solution' instead then - the fragrance, as in the EDT/EDP, in this case from Creed and then just use a great after shave, scentless or with a faint mild scent, and apply the fragrance after that.

Benefits from this is that the fragrance always last longer than the after shave - sometimes considerable longer and a good scented after shave, for instance from Creed, do not always have the same beneficial ingreditnts in them as the traditional dedicated after shave brands, like for instance Proraso, Speick & Floid.

I have tested a Creed Green Irish Tweed after shave, and while it was very nice - I would prefer the Speick After shave splash or a Clinique scentless Post shave balm, and then add the real Creed GIT eau de parfum, which easily gives me 7-9 hours longevity.

Just my 2 cents.

24 6,019
 10-10-2015, 01:32 PM
User Info
(10-10-2015, 12:57 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: In my personal opinion, I would never consider buying an expensive, expensive like in $50+ after shave, because I would always opt for the 'real solution' instead then - the fragrance, as in the EDT/EDP, in this case from Creed and then just use a great after shave, scentless or with a faint mild scent, and apply the fragrance after that.

Benefits from this is that the fragrance always last longer than the after shave - sometimes considerable longer and a good scented after shave, for instance from Creed, do not always have the same beneficial ingreditnts in them as the traditional dedicated after shave brands, like for instance Proraso, Speick & Floid.

I have tested a Creed Green Irish Tweed after shave, and while it was very nice - I would prefer the Speick After shave splash or a Clinique scentless Post shave balm, and then add the real Creed GIT eau de parfum, which easily gives me 7-9 hours longevity.

Just my 2 cents.

I know what you mean and I considered buying the cologne instead but the cheapest one was about $135 if I remember correctly. Having owned it now I can say it is not better than artisan aftershaves that I own, but the scent is amazing to me and it does provide good moisturizing. This is my only experience with luxury shaving products and why I said on the other thread about them that I don't think the luxury products are made any better than the best artisans. The ingredients in many cases include a lot of stuff that I prefer not to apply to my skin. The Creed is good though, and if I don't find the exact matching scent I will re-buy it very likely. I told my wife thought the cologne would be a great gift some day..:-)

13 947