10-04-2015, 10:05 AM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
.....i need your advice.........

........awhile back i purchased a great travel scuttle from a fellow Shave Nooker........
........i really like the scuttle, it is small and compact......
.............. but i find that i am clanging the sides with the brushes that i have while trying to get a lather..............
..........can someone suggest a brush that would allow me to whip up a lather and not hit the sides of the scuttle as much.........?
...............i am guessing something tall and thin.........

............appreciate your comments and suggestions.........

46 1,070
 10-06-2015, 06:51 PM
User Info
The theory behind a scuttle is to have a reservoir for warm lather - which is more challenging if you're dealing with a smaller scuttle. You're going to want a brush that absorbs lather really well, holds water decently, and isn't floppy. You probably don't want a boar bristle.

A VB brand finest badger with (20mm) will be big enough to do the job without being too big to handle the lather. And the price is good. Generic handle, but you can upgrade later if you want. 

The key to making it work is by keeping a certain amount of lather in the scuttle, and the rest in the brush.

1 35
 10-07-2015, 03:02 AM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
............that makes a lot of sense..................thank you, poikkeus..........

46 1,070