10-05-2015, 03:57 AM
User Info
Can anyone compare the performance of Caties Bubbles regular "French Style shaving soap" to the newer "French + shaving soap"? I have owned the original french style and found it to perform quite well but lack residual slickness during the shave and leave a slightly dry post shave feel. Does the newer formula with the added jojoba oil improve on those lacking areas at all?

8 206
 10-05-2015, 06:09 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
I haven't tried it myself, but I do have the original formula in the Mile High Menthol scent. I truly enjoy it but like you said, it doesn't not have enough slickness also post shave is the same for me too. I believe jojoba oil should very well improve upon the lacking areas in regards to slickness and post shave.

10 963
 10-05-2015, 07:35 AM
User Info
Have a sample of the Royal Garden, which is on deck for this week. Also have been using Un Jour Gris and Parma Inspiration for some time now, so I'll be able to compare the two formulas.

15 1,018
 10-05-2015, 08:37 AM
User Info
I would be interested to hear if there is any noticeable difference. Perhaps it will help with the post shave feel since it is supposed to be excellent for the skin. I'm sure I will try it eventually considering how much I like CB.

13 947
 10-05-2015, 07:05 PM
User Info
I have a few of the Catie's Bubbles soaps. I have LMR, LPV, LTV, 3 wise men, and now The Royal Garden. I have not had a slickness issue with them but I make sure not to have to much water in them. I was looking for something with a little bit brighter of a scent for morning shaves and that led me to the royal garden. I love the scent (predominantly rose). I have not notied a night and day difference between the french plus and the reguar french soaps. I do feel like post shave may be a bit better and perhaps a little more slick during, however it's not a major difference in my opinion. I would recommend this soap though, it's a nice change.

8 24
 10-06-2015, 12:02 AM
User Info
(10-05-2015, 07:05 PM)acidburn Wrote: I have a few of the Catie's Bubbles soaps.  I have LMR, LPV, LTV, 3 wise men, and now The Royal Garden.  I have not had a slickness issue with them but I make sure not to have to much water in them.  I was looking for something with a little bit brighter of a scent for morning shaves and that led me to the royal garden.  I love the scent (predominantly rose).  I have not notied a night and day difference between the french plus and the reguar french soaps.  I do feel like post shave may be a bit better and perhaps a little more slick during, however it's not a major difference in my opinion.  I would recommend this soap though, it's a nice change.

Thanks for the input, it sounds like it is a bit of an improvement over the old formula which is pretty good as well.

8 206