10-10-2015, 09:54 AM
User Info
anyone have a bad med prep yet? i have not till today the one i grabbed from the box tore me up. i should have stopped while i was ahead but i tried to go the normal three passes and the atg last pass tore me up. it felt a bit off from the start but i thought well its a new blade and sometimes new blades can be a bit more harsh when brand new (not usually med preps though) and man i got killed with weepers and both my cheeks are actually swollen and red. first time in probably a year i have had even more than a single weeper so i dont think it was my technique today, i was not in a hurry and use a familiar razor (weber) and soap (chiseled).

i know i have had hit and miss luck with labs here and there but med preps are usually near perfect for me.

16 660
 10-10-2015, 10:43 AM
User Info
I've never got a good one lol. Seriously what you described as a bad blade is how Personna's do me.

3 1,356
 10-10-2015, 01:20 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(10-10-2015, 10:43 AM)Otis375 Wrote: I've never got a good one lol. Seriously what you described as a bad blade is how Personna's do me.

Me, too.

0 1,049
 10-10-2015, 07:53 PM
User Info
wow interesting to hear that normally i love these. i tossed it and tried another one tonight and it was the same way then the third one seemed normal. very odd for the med preps

16 660
 10-10-2015, 07:58 PM
User Info
(10-10-2015, 07:53 PM)mastershake Wrote: wow interesting to hear that normally i love these. i tossed it and tried another one tonight and it was the same way then the third one seemed normal. very odd for the med preps

I know some people have had issues with the labs being hit or miss, but like you said that's not really heard of with the med preps.

For the price of those blades you would think the QC would be spot on.

3 1,356
 10-12-2015, 09:43 AM
User Info
Med preps have the highest quality standards of any DE blades in the market, since they used for Medical Purposes.  That means, even the slightest deviation from standard, and the entity will bin such blade from production.  That's what makes the Med Preps the best blades in the planet.  In contrast to the regular personna blue..........there you will find much larger tolerances and thus, will encounter about 5-6 bad blades out of 100.

0 32
 10-12-2015, 10:01 AM
User Info
(10-12-2015, 09:43 AM)herbert7890 Wrote: Med preps have the highest quality standards of any DE blades in the market, since they used for Medical Purposes.  That means, even the slightest deviation from standard, and the entity will bin such blade from production.  That's what makes the Med Preps the best blades in the planet.  In contrast to the regular personna blue..........there you will find much larger tolerances and thus, will encounter about 5-6 bad blades out of 100.

There the same blade ,the only difference is the med preps are cleaned 1 more time. It used to be a rumor but I believe it was mantic who reached out to personna and confirmed it.

3 1,356
 10-12-2015, 06:19 PM
User Info
(10-12-2015, 10:01 AM)Otis375 Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 09:43 AM)herbert7890 Wrote: Med preps have the highest quality standards of any DE blades in the market, since they used for Medical Purposes.  That means, even the slightest deviation from standard, and the entity will bin such blade from production.  That's what makes the Med Preps the best blades in the planet.  In contrast to the regular personna blue..........there you will find much larger tolerances and thus, will encounter about 5-6 bad blades out of 100.

There the same blade ,the only difference is the med preps are cleaned 1 more time. It used to be a rumor but I believe it was mantic who reached out to personna and confirmed it.

I KNOW they are the same blade (manufacturing wise) but they allow greater intolerances for the Personna Blues, while Med Preps have almost no margin for error or get discarded.  That's basically the only diff between them, the quality control and thus, the % of bad blades is greatly decreased with Med Preps.  It has been well documented in other shaving forums.

0 32
 10-15-2015, 03:08 PM
User Info
My experience is the same. 

Med Prep and Labs are the same blade when they arrive at the plant. However, Med Prep gets a more thorough cleaning - and the quality of blade is outstanding. Labs, on the other hand, lost their edge more quickly.

1 35