10-11-2015, 10:23 PM
User Info
I'm still fairly new to the vintage SE razors. So far I have a Feather-Weight and an EverReady. The EverReady is a little more aggressive than the Feather-Weight but I was wondering how the EverReady compares to the other SE razors such as the Streamline or the Bullet handle? I want to buy another one but I would like to know more about how they compare on aggression. Here are some pictures of my EverReady to help you identify it.
[Image: gys6fb9.jpg][Image: 3Lb5X4f.jpg][Image: Wvl9Oba.jpg]

5 1,537
 10-11-2015, 11:12 PM
User Info
I don't have an EverReady 1912 which is what you have. Many models of 1912 were made, some more aggressive and some less.  

The designation "1912" refers to the patent of the read thumb lever that opens the razor by flipping open the cover. You see that thumb lever and for sure it's a 1912.

32 6,458
 10-11-2015, 11:30 PM
User Info
I have a few 1912's: A Gem and Ever Readies and they are pretty much the same, except for the Damaskeene which is milder. 

The aggressiveness of this model is controlled by the angle: the steeper the angle the milder it gets. Just keep the pressure at a minimum. 

The bullet tip is just different, it has been a while since i used mine, it wasn't particularly aggressive. 

The Streamline is the one I liked the least of all the SEs. It is very much like the open comb micromatic, just heavier and with a handle that is slippery at the top. Until a few years ago they were passed around in the forums for not much money but then they became the focus of an overhype storm. But they look purdy I suppose. 

I think the 1912 like the one you have is one of the finest razor designs out there.

6 827
 10-12-2015, 06:06 AM
User Info
(10-11-2015, 11:12 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: I don't have an EverReady 1912 which is what you have. Many models of 1912 were made, some more aggressive and some less.  

The designation "1912" refers to the patent of the read thumb lever that opens the razor by flipping open the cover. You see that thumb lever and for sure it's a 1912.

Thanks for your info. So on the aggression scale this one could go either way but it is more or less average aggression. I believe that is what you imply.

5 1,537
 10-12-2015, 06:40 AM
User Info
They have the potential to be quite aggressive. My GEM 1912 is IMO the most aggressive of the family. I have no idea what that one would be like, but the potential is there. It's not easy to look at an old razor and predict what it will be like. There will be individual razors that even though appearing identical to another of the exact same type, will vary from the norm. For that reason we can only speak in generalities.

For instance the GEM Jr appears to have a mid aggressive type and a less aggressive type. Both appear identical.

32 6,458
 10-12-2015, 07:33 AM
User Info
When I got the EverReady I already had a FeatherWeight which feels quite mild. The first time I used the EverReady it was very smooth so much that I thought it was milder than the FeatherWeight. But then about 30 minutes after the shave my face felt quite a bit of irritation. So I would say it is smooth but a bit aggressive.

5 1,537