10-12-2015, 08:10 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I was shaving predawn and saw the last,geometric perfect fragments do that  Chesire cat goodbye, it's been fun fade to foam.
The pucks are relatively small, I've been using it exclusively and, as Pyewacket says ' Dad ( he calls me dad) you buy my cans
of food to eat, not put on display and I'm hungry'.
But it sure went fast, and my initial ignorant fears of spoiling milk unfounded. Once more, I must embrace my enthusiasm for
this product. It performs like I wish all purchases would and only the inconvenience of geography violates my "THINK GLOBALLY,ACT AND BUY LOCALLY" edict.
I want to drive up in a Citroen with a dusty bottle of Armanac and buy it directly. I want to pull off the road and offer a ride to some lady looking like Audrey Hepburn with oil paint supplies and blank canvas. At best,I can make onion soup for lunch today Hambre
Ah, but tomorrow morning I can begin using my LE puck in earnest. It's important being Earnest, but not Hemingway.

2 3,171
 10-12-2015, 08:16 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Strong work, kav!

102 18,652
 10-12-2015, 08:21 AM
User Info
Nice..!! I'm enjoying mine as well and I really wish I knew how they process this soap because mine has perfectly uniform shapes running the length and when I bloom it they pop out, very interesting, almost honeycomb....

20 1,336
 10-12-2015, 08:29 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(10-12-2015, 08:21 AM)Nevada Red Wrote: Nice..!! I'm enjoying mine as well and I really wish I knew how they process this soap because mine has perfectly uniform shapes running the length and when I bloom it they pop out, very interesting, almost honeycomb....

I believe it's how the soap is extruded ie think pasta making tools.

[Image: J2wv0DS.jpg]

102 18,652
 10-12-2015, 08:30 AM
User Info
I just ordered a puck.. wish me luck.

10 1,669
 10-12-2015, 08:33 AM
User Info
(10-12-2015, 08:29 AM)Agravic Wrote:
(10-12-2015, 08:21 AM)Nevada Red Wrote: Nice..!! I'm enjoying mine as well and I really wish I knew how they process this soap because mine has perfectly uniform shapes running the length and when I bloom it they pop out, very interesting, almost honeycomb....

I believe it's how the soap is extruded ie think pasta making tools.

[Image: J2wv0DS.jpg]

Ah perfect sense..

20 1,336
 10-12-2015, 09:28 AM
User Info
(10-12-2015, 08:30 AM)number six Wrote: I just ordered a puck.. wish me luck.

No luck needed with it. Instead I wish you many happy shaves. Nice scent and fantastic performance! Used mine this morning followed by some Floid Blue. Match made in shaving heaven. 

Congrats Kav! How many days straight did you use it? Seems like it would last a good while.

147 3,537
 10-12-2015, 10:10 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I received a puck from Phil mid June so we are looking at @ 90 days. I must add the caveat I did 4 shave passes AND with my usual enthusiastic lathering had a generous amount to apply a full facial. I would leave it until snowflakes began floating off or Pyewacket
give me one of his looks. As this is a smaller 100 ML puck that is a fair run. Users should follow the advice of leaving it open. I saw a good oxidation of browning but no loss of performance like some pucks that seem to lose potency in scent or performance toward their end.  I am not so sure the honeycombing is from extrusion. I have a hunch it is a chemical separation of the animal and vegetable elements. It's fun to watch the otherworld formations evolve like an Italian drip candle bursting in colours. I finish and find myself hungering for croissants and French roast and asking Pyewacket in a Jacques Pepin accent who ate the last of the butter?

2 3,171
 10-12-2015, 10:36 AM
User Info
Enjoy the LE puck, Chris! Smile

83 21,077
 10-12-2015, 10:42 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
It's from extrusion I believe. There's a video of her making the soap including the "noodles". I'll see if I can come up with it, maybe Phil was the one who originally posted it?

Cheers, Steve

7 526
 10-12-2015, 10:43 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(10-12-2015, 10:42 AM)Steve56 Wrote: It's from extrusion I believe. There's a video of her making the soap including the "noodles". I'll see if I can come up with it, maybe Phil was the one who originally posted it?

Cheers, Steve

Exactly.  I saw the video somewhere; maybe YouTube, or perhaps the one Phil shared awhile ago.

102 18,652
 10-12-2015, 11:34 AM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
Was it this one?  

47 1,924
 10-12-2015, 11:36 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Yes, I believe so.
Thanks, Erik. Smile

102 18,652
 10-12-2015, 12:21 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I should probably note the average puck life is closer to 120 days VS my 90. I look like Mickey Mouse in THE SORCEROR'S APPRENTICE lathering and these were in effect 5 pass shaves.  I think, with care some good shaves may be had with less.

2 3,171
 10-12-2015, 12:29 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I'm impressed, Kav. I've used mine a couple times a week over the past two months, and can hardly tell that it's been used. I've never shaved with a better performing soap.

38 5,109
 10-13-2015, 08:11 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I get a frantic phone call from an old friend in the horse industry @ 4 A.M. I taught a young colt to push carriages and we quickly buddied up as sometimes happens magically.
Horse is now 20 years old and wound up with a 'trainer' hired by a young family scared to trust a valued 'old campaigner'. I shave with the LE and walk out to my ride.
I hear an all to familiar story of some idiot trying to retrain an animal to THEIR way of doing things and resorting to belly kicking when it doesn't happen.
We pull into the stables. I can hear Mexicans yelling, wooden walls being kicked to splinters and the ungodly snapping of teeth. This big, alpha male wannabee trainer is yelling
for the young parents and crying children to get their horse the F off his ( leased) stable. He sees me ' Your some Horsewhisperer I suppose'?' I suckerpunch him in the stomach. He goes down. I lean over 'NO! I speak LOUD and CLEAR. Hurts, don't it'?
I easily recognize blueboy- a still stunning blue roan morgan-quarter mix. He's covered in sweat, ears pinned back ,eyes rolling and I tell this Mexican kid to put the .30-30 back in his trailer. I make our old greeting and call his name. Blueboy returns and nickers. I walk up and halter him. 'Lets go home buddy' and walk him into a trailer. I tell the family to just let him have a few weeks in pasture with a bunch of other horses. 'What do we do next? Uh, ride him and buy a sidepull, he likes those'.
We go to breakfast at the local greasy spoon. I have a double order of pig gravy soaked biscuits, eggs, hashbrowns, chorizos, Mexican beans,Mexican chocolate and grapefruit juice. It's a chicano place,open air patio across from an old buff yellow Union Pacific Depot that belongs in a Steinbeck novel circa 1910. There's a row of old pepper trees; Shinus molle and heavy with red peppers. I catch a wiff mixing with my soap residue drying on my earlobes. DAMN! my French donkey peers nailed it!

2 3,171
 10-13-2015, 09:41 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
It's good stuff for sure, and harder than most, not what I'd call croap. Performs with the very best. I've been working on a 40% puck, very rich and needs less loading and more water. 

Cheers, Steve

7 526