10-12-2015, 01:07 PM
User Info
Since coming back to DE shaving I have tried a couple of pre/post products to get the most refreshing shave.  Shave Secret is one, it is a pre-shave oil which is probably familiar to most here.  It has cinnamon oil among other ingredients and very little is required, also it is very inexpensive less than 4 bux a bottle at Walmart.  The advert says you can shave without any other product but I found it to be lacking alone.  I use 3 drops in each palm and work it into my wet skin after a shower.  Then put on the shaving lather.  It has a wonderful scent and makes my skin tingle all through and after the shave.  Love it.  Don't know if I'm getting a better shave or not but I love the scent of cinnamon (so does the wife) and the tingly feeling wakes me up.

The SeaBreeze astringent as aftershave is great if you don't mind the witch hazel scent.  I personally love it.  It doesn't cancel the tingle from the Shave Secret.  I can't stand the over perfumed stuff.  Lavender?  No thanks.  The skin sensitive version of SS is ok but wasn't strong enough imo.

So what do you guys use and have you tried either of the above?  Comparisons, critical reviews, similar products, techniques you use, any info you can provide will be appreciated.  I'm not yet at the stage where I am settling down with products and am still interested in trying different products and combinations. 

Regards!
Sledge

1 64
 10-12-2015, 01:36 PM
User Info
Baume.Be preshave gel works very well but i hardly ever use a pre shave.  I do use a spray bottle and give the face a light spritz before applying lather for each pass.  Ive found that to be a great help.  I find it works better than splashing water on the face with your hands.  it evenly coats the face and sticks to the hair better imo

79 824
 10-12-2015, 05:01 PM
User Info
(10-12-2015, 01:36 PM)Deuce428 Wrote: Baume.Be preshave gel works very well but i hardly ever use a pre shave.  I do use a spray bottle and give the face a light spritz before applying lather for each pass.  Ive found that to be a great help.  I find it works better than splashing water on the face with your hands.  it evenly coats the face and sticks to the hair better imo

Will the Baum give me that tingle?  I'm stuck on that, almost as good as coffee at waking me up.  It is either the cinnamon oil or some other mentholated ingredient  I suppose.

1 64
 10-12-2015, 05:40 PM
User Info
TICO* shave oil - it can be used as a pre-shave, or all on it's own (perfect viscosity, IMHO)...awesome peppermint/herbal scent with a menthol kick & it's all-organic to boot Biggrin

9 155