10-12-2015, 04:30 PM
  • ddk13
  • Nebraska
User Info
I've been thinking about getting a bowl of the new Panna Crema Nuavia but just couldn't justify the price.  Today I figured what the heck.  I added it to my cart and realized shipping was a whopping $18 to get it to the U.S.  Well, a few hours ago I started thinking about their free shipping at 100 euros.  So, I went back and added a second bowl of Nuavia.  That way I could get one of each.  That only came out to 80 euros.  So, about an hour ago I went ahead and added a tub of Namaste and a tub of Vetiver totaling 102 euros, about $115 american.  I did it!!!!  I got free shipping and saved so much money LOL!!!!  It's funny how some of us can justify buying more to save a little on shipping.  Granted I saved a little money by getting free shipping, but wound up spending about $60 more than I should have.  It's all good.  It just kind of made me laugh how I kept justifying what I was doing just because I really wanted to buy something new.  Man I love this hobby  Smile !!

42 581
 10-12-2015, 04:53 PM
User Info
Where the heck are you buying from that offers free overseas shipping? Lol.

3 1,484
 10-12-2015, 04:58 PM
  • ddk13
  • Nebraska
User Info
I bought direct from Panna Crema.  The free shipping wasn't so free so to speak ha ha!

42 581
 10-12-2015, 04:58 PM
User Info
You will not regret it. I did the same thing last month, except I purchased three Nuavia to get me over the hump. I had intended to sell one, but after trying each one for the first time, this rocketed to a top three soap for me. I reach for it more than anything else now.

158 1,017
 10-12-2015, 05:03 PM
User Info
I've never even seen this brand before O_O. Looks interesting!

3 1,484
 10-12-2015, 05:05 PM
User Info
It's incredible soap. Ur right on the shipping as I payed $25 or so I believe for mine. I don't regret the shipping at all! Next go round I'll add some pannacrema soaps I don't have to the purchase.

82 2,180
 10-12-2015, 05:18 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
High school I began my fascination with British made automobiles and the foibles of Lucas, laird of darkness, calling stuff spanners, boots and spelling things like TYRES in my English classes( actually a holdover from 3 years C of E parochial school). I couldn't afford the Detroit muscle cars and was content outhandling my peers on our many famous canyon roads and almost running Charlie Manson over one night.
Brother copies my interest but decides he knows more about restoring 60 spoke high performance wire wheels with Pirelli radials VS my 48 spoke with  KMART 2ply nylon
bias @ $18 each. He promptly orders one 'Wire Wheel Spanner' and 'tyre rim tape' from England at considerable expense. They finally arrive. I decide to show him my SNAP ON
tube shock absorber wrench @ $3 VS some Birmingham best iron thing stamped Whitworth and 3M black electrician's tape- identical to the roll of 3m black electricians tape in my hand. He gets mad, decides to 'tune' his own spokes by ear vs the machine truing fee at the local bike shop.
We go out one Sunday onto Malibu Canyon Road. Brother pushes the wheel geometry beyond the frame load and spokes start snapping like pasta. He limps home at a safe and sane 20 MPH in first gear. 
Vintage European cars became fashionable when smog and safety bumpers killed muscle. Many restoration parts houses popped up charging high fees for tyre rim wrapping  tape. I would just pop in on Phil Hill's restoration shop and buy or trade all kinds of fascinating stuff we had accumulated.
Moral to long story- check with BULLGOOSE if he plans to ever carry something first.

2 3,171
 10-12-2015, 05:24 PM
  • ddk13
  • Nebraska
User Info
(10-12-2015, 05:18 PM)kav Wrote: High school I began my fascination with British made automobiles and the foibles of Lucas, laird of darkness, calling stuff spanners, boots and spelling things like TYRES in my English classes( actually a holdover from 3 years C of E parochial school). I couldn't afford the Detroit muscle cars and was content outhandling my peers on our many famous canyon roads and almost running Charlie Manson over one night.
Brother copies my interest but decides he knows more about restoring 60 spoke high performance wire wheels with Pirelli radials VS my 48 spoke with  KMART 2ply nylon
bias @ $18 each. He promptly orders one 'Wire Wheel Spanner' and 'tyre rim tape' from England at considerable expense. They finally arrive. I decide to show him my SNAP ON
tube shock absorber wrench @ $3 VS some Birmingham best iron thing stamped Whitworth and 3M black electrician's tape- identical to the roll of 3m black electricians tape in my hand. He gets mad, decides to 'tune' his own spokes by ear vs the machine truing fee at the local bike shop.
We go out one Sunday onto Malibu Canyon Road. Brother pushes the wheel geometry beyond the frame load and spokes start snapping like pasta. He limps home at a safe and sane 20 MPH in first gear. 
Vintage European cars became fashionable when smog and safety bumpers killed muscle. Many restoration parts houses popped up charging high fees for tyre rim wrapping  tape. I would just pop in on Phil Hill's restoration shop and buy or trade all kinds of fascinating stuff we had accumulated.
Moral to long story- check with BULLGOOSE if he plans to ever carry something first.

Well, I'm like Veruca from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. "I want my soap and I want it now!"
[Image: 1339c7f4d3592a0523c4cd928dcd9f8d.jpg]

42 581
 10-12-2015, 05:53 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I confess; trying KENDALLS MINTCAKE as carried to the summit by Sir Edmund and Tenzing was on my culinary bucket (scuttle) list, only I kept getting beat for one of the 24 individual bars a Brit import shop brought in during Xmas each year So, I ordered the big family sized bar @ $9 and paid $10 SH.

2 3,171
 10-12-2015, 06:04 PM
User Info
Some guys will tell themselves anything... Wink

39 3,882
 10-12-2015, 06:05 PM
  • ddk13
  • Nebraska
User Info
(10-12-2015, 05:53 PM)kav Wrote: I confess; trying KENDALLS MINTCAKE as carried to the summit by Sir Edmund and Tenzing was on my culinary bucket (scuttle) list, only I kept getting beat for one of the 24 individual bars a Brit import shop brought in during Xmas each year So, I ordered the big family sized bar @ $9 and paid $10 SH.

Sometimes you gotta go big or go home!   Biggrin

42 581
 10-12-2015, 06:17 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
The flaw in instant gratification is how LONG you have to make up the difference later.

2 3,171
 10-12-2015, 06:20 PM
User Info
Ugh. I just bought 1 of each and payed shipping. Didn't see the $100 free.

I'm sure it would have motivated me to save money on shipping Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

192 1,588
 10-12-2015, 06:38 PM
  • ddk13
  • Nebraska
User Info
(10-12-2015, 06:17 PM)kav Wrote: The flaw in instant gratification is how LONG you have to make up the difference later.

I hear ya'.  But, I will use the 4 soaps that I bought, I didn't pay shipping, I'll have it in about a week, and I wouldn't be paying any less if Phil or any American vendor happens to start carrying it. Win Win!!

42 581
 10-12-2015, 06:52 PM
User Info
Well done! Thumbup

82 21,056
 10-12-2015, 07:14 PM
User Info
now see i found panna to be just okay. not at all a bad soap but not spectacular

16 660
 10-13-2015, 12:14 PM
User Info
Don´t tell me. I know you ll be loving it. I have the tallow soaps and sure do...
You make me consider an order.
Especially, since, i think- they will raise the price on the Nuavia...   Smile

21 1,175
 10-13-2015, 01:50 PM
User Info
I've had the Nuavia Blu for ten days and used three times, so far. First shave went well, however, second and third gave a mild burning sensation. It's a wonderful scent that lingers long after shaving.

31 5,283
 10-13-2015, 01:56 PM
User Info
The same here in Portugal. Sometimes we organise o group buy to save in shipping costs. The last one was with savonniere du moulin.

13 1,313
 10-13-2015, 02:04 PM
User Info
Woohoo....I am not alone !

26 149