Kim vs Maia
Mendes vs McKenzie
Menjivar vs Easton

Prelims:
Tibau vs Nurmagomedov
Guillard vs Camoes
Philippou vs Fukuda
Alessio vs Roller

Dana White knows how to hype fights and make money, but he sucks at putting a fight card together. The prelims will more than likely be better fights, but the PPV is free to watch at sports bars--good excuse to go out for wings and beer.

Me, I'll buy a case of Yuengling, fry up my own wings and stay at home watching the undercard fights.

9 451
 06-30-2012, 08:53 PM
User Info
I really wanna see what Sonnen has learned for his match against Silva. I hope he doesn't recklessly set him self up for a sub or a knee to the face. I don't know why Sonnen hasn't been training with a BJJ expert to get himself familiarized with Silva's style, it sure would come in handy.

0 128
 07-01-2012, 03:29 AM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I agree with you John, but I've been surprised in the past with a fight card that looked like a dud and it turned out to be great.

The wife and I may go to a bar and watch the fight.

I really have no desire to see Forrest Tito 3. I think it's time for both of them to retire.

7 1,018
 07-02-2012, 08:09 AM
User Info
Tito vs Griffin is one of those fights that Dana tosses in as a big name filler, I don't think any of their fights were great. Shamrock vs Ortiz, now those were some great brawls, but that doesn't mean I'd want to watch 2 guys out of prime fight.

With so many great fighters, no PPV should be questionable. The Silva - Sonnen fight isn't worthy as a main event, IMO, but it is what it is.

Anyway, any predictions?
I think Sonnen is going to come out looking for a fast KO. He needs to keep Silva off balance and not give him time to think, the problem with that is that he could burn himself out or get caught. Silva will pick you apart if you let him dictate the fight. On a side, Silva is a good counter fighter. He needs to be bullied.

I think Forrest is actually going to win, Ortiz has nothing to prove and is virtually retired. Forrest can benefit from this fight, so I think he'll be better prepared. Tito hasn't changed his game, so expect the usual.

Le will either get the KO or get KO'd. I think this will be a good brawl.
The other main card fights will be good, but the prelims look like the most fun.

(06-30-2012, 08:53 PM)JonJones84 Wrote: I really wanna see what Sonnen has learned for his match against Silva. I hope he doesn't recklessly set him self up for a sub or a knee to the face. I don't know why Sonnen hasn't been training with a BJJ expert to get himself familiarized with Silva's style, it sure would come in handy.

Sonnen is hard headed IMO. In this sport you evolve and adapt or lose. Some guys just stick to what they know. Silva has solid strikes that can land from any angle and his knees will destroy you.

What happened to JJ, why was he banned?

9 451
 07-04-2012, 09:03 AM
User Info
Be prepared, Sonnen. You disrespect Brazil, our people...

2 1,403