10-16-2015, 08:53 AM
User Info
so my wife likes these and i just ordered her a pack of 200 which got here today but they are the uk packaging with the plastic packs. a few things i noticed right off the bat are there are no markings on the edges (sides) of the blades like the old ones have and they seem to have this oily stuff all over them more so at the edges. my question is are these still made in israel or are they making the uk packs in mexico now. i specifically did not get the red packs because its hard to know which are made in where now from just the boxes anymore. the overall quality of these does not at all look nearly as nice as the previous ones she had from over a year ago. they do not state where they are made anywhere on the outer box or the tucks. nothing also i notice the wrappers are a clear wax where the previous ones were a white paper wrapper. i had hoped by buying the uk packs they would still be israel made. just checked a few more and man these are super oily..like a film all over the blade but really a lot on the blade edges.

they dont shave me well at all so im not sure if i want to test them out

16 660
 10-26-2015, 02:14 PM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
(10-16-2015, 08:53 AM)mastershake Wrote: so my wife likes these and i just ordered her a pack of 200 which got here today but they are the uk packaging with the plastic packs. a few things i noticed right off the bat are there are no markings on the edges (sides) of the blades like the old ones have and they seem to have this oily stuff all over them more so at the edges. my question is are these still made in israel or are they making the uk packs in mexico now. i specifically did not get the red packs because its hard to know which are made in where now from just the boxes anymore. the overall quality of these does not at all look nearly as nice as the previous ones she had from over a year ago. they do not state where they are made anywhere on the outer box or the tucks. nothing also i notice the wrappers are a clear wax where the previous ones were a white paper wrapper. i had hoped by buying the uk packs they would still be israel made. just checked a few more and man these are super oily..like a film all over the blade but really a lot on the blade edges.

they dont shave me well at all so im not sure if i want to test them out

I have read that the blades in the UK packaging are the same.  I have tried 2 of them and I did not notice anything oily on them.  These were the first 2 Personna Platinum Chrome blades that I have tried, so I can't compare them to the other packaging.  I will say that they did not work for me though.  I get tugging and pulling on the thicker parts of my beard.  I had high hopes for them since so many people like them.

3 530
 11-03-2015, 10:03 PM
User Info
Boy, I really hope they are the same. I have 100 on the way! The "Israeli Reds" are a go-to for me, and after I saw that West Coast Shaving says the blue packs are the same blade but packed for the UK, I jumped at the chance to get some extra.
Anyone shed any light on this?

1 27
 11-04-2015, 07:47 AM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
I didn't know there were some Reds being made in Mexico now, I knew some were packaged & distributed there. I did notice a difference in price between the carded wall hanging packaging being more expensive than the blue Made from Swedish steel box.
Never had an over oily Personna blade out of any packaging.

[Image: PERSONNA200_s.gif][Image: personna-red-100-500x500.jpg]

2 517
 11-04-2015, 06:46 PM
User Info
there are also made in the usa reds to add to the confusion.....

[Image: 0i0KLhn.jpg][Image: YBu3GBm.jpg][Image: pKQU9fB.jpg]

16 660
 11-05-2015, 11:23 AM
  • vuk
  • Virginia
User Info
That's what the wrapper on my Reds look like but they were made in Israel. Anyway those must be old stock because the blades coming out of the Virginia plant are wrapped in plain clear wrapper.

2 517