10-17-2015, 01:42 PM
User Info
I have been using AOS sandalwood shaving cream and I liked it. I wanted to try a different scent so I got a lemon scented trial pack. However, I was suprised when I used it for the first time because the consistency of the cream is "runny" while my sandalwood was not. For anybody that tried AOS shaving creams, is the consistency different between scents?

0 109
 10-17-2015, 02:45 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
I have ocean kelp, sandalwood, and unscented in tubs and they are very similar in consistency.
IMO, samples aren't always the best indicators of the full size product.

62 3,014
 10-17-2015, 02:48 PM
User Info
I have the lavender travel size in a tube and it isn't runny. It's a good performing cream too but I prefer Castle Forbes after trying a sample of it, also in lavender. As for AoS, I haven't tried the full size so not sure if consistency varies but it sounds like it has in your case.

13 947
 10-17-2015, 02:53 PM
User Info
The sample of Lavender that I have is very very hard. It performs like a croap.

3 197
 10-17-2015, 04:15 PM
User Info
(10-17-2015, 02:53 PM)TropicalHotDog Wrote: The sample of Lavender that I have is very very hard. It performs like a croap.

I wouldn't call mine a croap, but it is a stiff cream. I squeeze the tube and cream comes out, but I wouldn't think a croap consistency would come out of a tube, or maybe I have a different understanding of what a croap is. I would call Catie's Bubbles a croap. It sounds like there are inconsistencies like the OP experienced.

13 947
 10-17-2015, 04:54 PM
User Info
I had a similar experience a while back with AoS SCs. I don't find that is has so much to do with scent variability, as batch variability. I recall having two unscented AoS creams which were not the same consistency. Batch variability, does occasionally occur [with all sorts of brands of SCs]. This could be for any number of reasons. For example: production curing-time prior to packaging, age/maintainance of product in supply chain, etc.

0 531
 10-19-2015, 04:41 PM
User Info
I own sandalwood, Lavender, Lemon and Ocean Kelp.
4 full sized pots.

The sandalwood is croap like, the rest more like solid cream. None of them are runny.

Sandalwood is my favourite sandalwood scent and it suits me fine I can load it like a soap. Same with my DR HARRIS Arlington. It's a croap like cream. My other 6 DR HARRIS creams are softer in textures

24 6,021
 10-19-2015, 05:08 PM
User Info
I had a few creams in tubes that were runny and the same scent was firm in the tub I think it's the batch or maybe it was exposed to the heat In shipment I dunno

79 824
 10-20-2015, 07:25 AM
User Info
Well, I didn't give up on the lemon cream. Used it 3x now. One thing about runny creams is that it is very quick to make lather  Biggrin

0 109
 10-22-2015, 06:45 AM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
As already stated - AoS is a firm cream. 

It is one of the best performing creams I've tried (and no I'm not using those words lightly). I think the only creams that are noticeably better performers are XPEC (old) and ADP. IMHO - AoS cream does not get the credit it deserves.

17 535
 10-23-2015, 08:09 PM
User Info
(10-19-2015, 04:41 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: I own sandalwood, Lavender, Lemon and Ocean Kelp.
4 full sized pots.

The sandalwood is croap like, the rest more like solid cream. None of them are runny.

Sandalwood is my favourite sandalwood scent and it suits me fine I can load it like a soap. Same with my DR HARRIS Arlington. It's a croap like cream. My other 6 DR HARRIS creams are softer in textures

My experience with DR Harris creams is that they range considerably in consistency. My tube of Arlington is fluffy and creamy, while the Sandalwood sample that I bought was firm enough to be a croup. It is my understanding that the consistency of creams is subject to a lot of variation, regardless of the brand. Every batch is different.

3 197
 11-03-2015, 08:21 AM
User Info
I have been using AOS sandalwood shaving cream and I liked it for winter and cold weather

0 56