10-18-2015, 03:37 PM
User Info
Just  so overwhelmed with all the diffrent options,  being a beginner done really know what to buy as a staple. I have just recently bought some Wet Shaving Products from WSP.  There razor, pre-shave soap, and oil. Anything elese u guys would recommend s beginner getting,  razor, oil, soaps/creams brands ect. Currently using s aos brush but hoping to change that this week buying a new one or one from the b/s/t section if the ones I am looking at sre still available.

1 87
 10-18-2015, 04:29 PM
User Info
Looks like all you need is a shave soap, blade, and an aftershave.  I'll refrain from suggesting a soap - I'm biased.  Biggrin  You might try Personna Blues or Astra Superior Platinums for blades.  For aftershaves, it basically comes down to scents you like.  If you're not a scent person, you could use witch hazel, which many people like instead of an alcohol-based aftershave.

As a beginner, just remember to keep it simple and focus on your technique.  Less variables (i.e., different razors, soaps, blades, etc.) will make it easier to do that.

0 1,071
 10-18-2015, 04:42 PM
User Info
I have tried several blades, and sharper seems to be for me. Currently trying 7 o'clock sharp edge, but feather and bic platinum work well, but so did the Astra platinum. But have a few more in this sampler I am trying. I have been through one sampler back already, tying again with  better razor, and a bit more expirence. But with coarse hair and sensitive skin it's tough. But much better than cartridge and cheaper.

1 87
 10-18-2015, 04:43 PM
User Info
(10-18-2015, 03:37 PM)Exploziveaf Wrote: Just  so overwhelmed with all the diffrent options,  being a beginner done really know what to buy as a staple. I have just recently bought some Wet Shaving Products from WSP.  There razor, pre-shave soap, and oil. Anything elese u guys would recommend s beginner getting,  razor, oil, soaps/creams brands ect. Currently using s aos brush but hoping to change that this week buying a new one or one from the b/s/t section if the ones I am looking at sre still available.

Thanks for your reply!

1 87
 10-18-2015, 04:54 PM
  • MHWood
  • Artisan Brush Maker
  • Illinois
User Info
Send me a PM and I'll send you a couple blades of 7 o'clock blacks to try out! I bought about 100 of them a week ago and could spare a few! 

Tom

3 291
 10-18-2015, 07:34 PM
User Info
Hello and welcome.  I too have barb wire like beard but sensitive skin.  I agree that I would try and limit variables and perfect your technique.  As far as recommendations go I prefer Pol-Silver super iridium blades and Baume. Be pre shave gel and cream in my opinion is one of the best.  Best of luck on this very fun journey.

20 1,336