10-23-2015, 06:04 PM
User Info
Has anybody tried Badger shaving soap? It's a hard soap, and I can't get it to produce a decent lather.

0 88
 10-25-2015, 09:04 AM
User Info
Thats why you havent heard about it. Frothy 10W40 is just about as good.

Its made and marketed for the Whole Foods/Organic crowd, of which I am one. If I had a choice, I would take Williams or Arko over this soap. Its a total bust.

8 169
 10-25-2015, 01:26 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(10-25-2015, 09:04 AM)Olschoolsteel Wrote: Thats why you havent heard about it. Frothy 10W40 is just about as good.

Its made and marketed for the Whole Foods/Organic crowd, of which I am one. If I had a choice, I would take Williams or Arko over this soap. Its a total bust.

Ditto to the 10th power. My wife bought me one because of the cute widdle bahgher.  It's felonious.

7 2,279
 10-25-2015, 01:36 PM
User Info
(10-25-2015, 01:26 PM)Mouser Wrote:
(10-25-2015, 09:04 AM)Olschoolsteel Wrote: Thats why you havent heard about it. Frothy 10W40 is just about as good.

Ditto to the 10th power. My wife bought me one because of the cute widdle bahgher.  It's felonious.

That's a shame, because the badger is adorable. Given the nature of the product, I would assume that the quaint artwork serves as a selling point to consumers that aren't really into the wetshaving game. Who wouldn't want to pick up a puck with a favorable brand image?

Interestingly, the ingredients list does not look bad.

Badger Shaving Soap Ingredients: Sodium Palmate (Organic Palm Oil & Sodium Hydroxide), Sodium Cocoate (Organic Coconut Oil & Sodium Hydroxide), Water (Aqua), *Glycerin, *Butryospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, *Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Peel Oil, Sodium Citrate, *Vetiveria Zizanoides (Vetivert) Root Oil, *Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, *Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil *Elettaria Cardamomum (Cardamom) Seed Oil, *Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Fruit Extract, *Piper Nigrum (Black Pepper) Fruit Oil, *Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Resin Extract.

3 196
 10-25-2015, 01:50 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
It's been a while but I think the main problem, or the one I couldn't get pass at least, was that the lather dissipated quickly.

7 2,279