10-25-2015, 09:16 PM
User Info
Hello,

This is my first post in this forum and wanted to show you guys what I found at my local Goodwill: The Elan McPherson buddha bowl.

The bowl is quite big, but because of the unique placement of the handle it fits my hand like a glove. I tilt bowl slighty so that I can swirl the brush around without hitting the handle side, but it's really no big deal.

Bought for only 1.50$, it has proven to be an amazing lathering bowl for me. The new ones go for 30 bucks, so I doubt that any shaver would be paying that kind of money especially when you find handmade lathering bowls for that much, but if you ever come across one at a thrift store, garage sale etc. I'd strongly recommend this bowl!

[Image: GGtfYt2.jpg]
[Image: 7Y4NzPF.jpg]
[Image: rQf8INy.jpg]
[Image: GhLPAAo.jpg]
[Image: LwCgXzh.jpg]
[Image: skiV1gw.jpg]
[Image: Ke1QtCp.jpg]

8 93
 10-25-2015, 09:34 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I've never seen one before, but it does look like a great lather bowl. Thanks for sharing.

38 5,107
 10-26-2015, 03:47 AM
  • leonidas
  • Jerez de la Frontera
User Info
.........great find!!!!!

..............congratulations!

45 1,066
 10-30-2015, 01:59 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I like it.  Thanks for sharing.

When you have time, please introduce yourself in our Introduction Section and by all means, post more.

Those are nice pictures.

Now, off to Goodwill for a search. Smile

178 23,807
 10-30-2015, 02:19 AM
  • Johnny
  • MODERATOR EMERITUS
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Well, I had to do some research on these and found the maker/seller store. She makes Buddha Bowls, Baby Buddha Bowls, and Buddha Cups. To me, all three sizes would make good lathering bowls, depending on the size of your brush. And there is a wide range of colors.

So, here you go, the BUDDHA LINE OF PRODUCTS

178 23,807
 10-30-2015, 03:02 AM
User Info
Very nice bowl! Thanks for sharing !

Lorenzo.

29 1,084
 10-30-2015, 05:54 AM
User Info
(10-30-2015, 02:19 AM)Johnny Wrote: Well, I had to do some research on these and found the maker/seller store.  She makes Buddha Bowls, Baby Buddha Bowls, and Buddha Cups.  To me, all three sizes would make good lathering bowls, depending on the size of your brush.  And there is a wide range of colors.

So, here you go, the BUDDHA LINE OF PRODUCTS

Hello, 
Thanks for sharing the link. I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to post a link from a manufacturer/vendor.

8 93