10-26-2015, 04:49 AM
User Info
Been shaving now with straights for 10 months and gotten quite well with hardly ever any cuts anymore.....mainly some bites of the blade and nicks.  But this morning while shaving and not getting careless I thought I cut myself or rather some bites three times!  First doing the "fools pass" with a slight wake me up then while XTG to get that BBS the blade bites and I self correct quickly; then right after that to the neck a nick that made me look like The Walking Dead!

Some mornings you just should let the stubble grow one more day I guess!

0 413
 10-26-2015, 04:53 AM
User Info
Just happened to me last week with my new King Cobra.  I was pretty careless with a new razor and cut myself pretty good on the left side, close to my lower lip.  Needless to say, I have taken a few days off for healing.

So yes, we all do Biggrin

61 3,796
 10-26-2015, 04:55 AM
User Info
(10-26-2015, 04:53 AM)hrfdez Wrote: Just happened to me last week with my new King Cobra.  I was pretty careless with a new razor and cut myself pretty good on the left side, close to my lower lip.  Needless to say, I have taken a few days off for healing.

So yes, we all do Biggrin

So true!  I applied the alum block which woke me up quite well!!!!

0 413
 10-26-2015, 05:03 AM
User Info
Sounds like you're leaps and bounds ahead of me in terms of technique.  I'm still trying to master a WTG pass.  I shudder to think of the damage I would do to myself on an XTG.  So wear your scars proudly!

0 135
 10-26-2015, 05:05 AM
User Info
(10-26-2015, 05:03 AM)Downing Wrote: Sounds like you're leaps and bounds ahead of me in terms of straight razor technique.  I'm still trying to master a WTG pass.  I shudder to think of the damage I would do to myself on an XTG.  So wear your scars proudly!
Hoo boy, too early in the morning.  Sorry for the double post.

0 135
 10-27-2015, 03:46 AM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
If you're shaving with a blade, there is always the chance you'll cut yourself. The straight just has more potential to dig deeper than a safety razor does, but it happens now and again. I've been shaving nearly 2 years with one, though part of that I alternated between that and DEs, SEs, etc.
I still nick myself from time to time, though I have been blessed that they have not been very deep. But it is an open blade, so the potential is always there.
Heal up! Your straight is calling you back to the sink. Smile

2 1,683
 10-27-2015, 04:12 AM
User Info
I'm in my fourth day of healing.  It was a little bit deeper than I originally thought.  But it is getting there.

I think I can work around it starting tomorrow.  It sucks, lol....

61 3,796
 10-27-2015, 04:43 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
I had a 7a call with APJ yesterday, was early morning shave, my cell phone rang during shave. I glanced over to see who was calling mid pass and gave myself a pretty good nick right on my jawline.

First in a VERY long while and just half awake and not thinking.

2 1,180
 10-27-2015, 07:11 PM
User Info
I definitely have done nicks while talking to someone on my cell (on speaker) while DE shaving.  Learned that particular lesson.

11 966
 10-27-2015, 10:05 PM
User Info
Ouch. Hoping I don't do that again not fun. Especially with burning aftershave.

1 87
 10-28-2015, 06:53 AM
User Info
I clipped my nose pretty good when I was mad about the some pathetic lather. Aggression & blades isn't a good combo Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

192 1,588
 10-28-2015, 07:57 AM
User Info
(10-28-2015, 06:53 AM)waveflow Wrote: I clipped my nose pretty good when I was mad about the some pathetic lather.  Aggression & blades isn't a good combo Smile

I foresee you never having this problem with lather, ever again! Biggrin

82 21,056
 10-28-2015, 08:55 AM
User Info
I never had a problem holding onto a razor until I came upon the RR Stealth Slant. It went flying on its own volition and I managed to catch it with my cheekbone. A year later and I can still see vestiges of that scar. As a follow-on, having fallen recently and splitting my upper lip wide open, my current dilemma is trying to shave gingerly around this new scar, but at least I'm now consciously careful rather than just floating through the process. And these are just the newest dings. I'm usually quite un-adventurous, but all of a sudden I'm starting to count quite a number of scars all over. WT*? Guess I'm as ready for Halloween as I'll ever be.

29 1,776
 10-28-2015, 10:56 AM
User Info
Wife had to help me shave the other day. I've got a cast on my weak (left) arm and I've got a few hard to reach places so I asked the wife for help. (She also uses a de so I thought I was safe. Had a mongoose with a super blade in it and she pressed it to hard to my face to start a pass. I felt the blade enter and I told her to watch out she got me pretty good. Sure enough the blood started flowing and now I have a nice scar I don't see going away anytime soon.

3 1,356
 10-28-2015, 10:59 AM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
(10-28-2015, 10:56 AM)Otis375 Wrote: Wife had to help me shave the other day. I've got a cast on my weak (left) arm and I've got a few hard to reach places so I asked the wife for help. (She also uses a de so I thought I was safe. Had a mongoose with a super blade in it and she pressed it to hard to my face to start a pass. I felt the blade enter and I told her to watch out she got me pretty good. Sure enough the blood started flowing and now I have a nice scar I don't see going away anytime soon.

A few years ago I was mid-pass in the mirror. Wife came into the bathroom and playfully swatted me on the donkey.

Left a nice one- did go away eventually though. Smile

2 1,180
 10-28-2015, 11:15 AM
User Info
(10-28-2015, 10:59 AM)kwsher Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 10:56 AM)Otis375 Wrote: Wife had to help me shave the other day. I've got a cast on my weak (left) arm and I've got a few hard to reach places so I asked the wife for help. (She also uses a de so I thought I was safe. Had a mongoose with a super blade in it and she pressed it to hard to my face to start a pass. I felt the blade enter and I told her to watch out she got me pretty good. Sure enough the blood started flowing and now I have a nice scar I don't see going away anytime soon.

A few years ago I was mid-pass in the mirror. Wife came into the bathroom and playfully swatted me on the donkey.

Left a nice one- did go away eventually though. Smile
My 2 year old likes to open doors really fast and go BOOO! Needless to say she's got me a few times with this. The scar from her first boo is a little to the left of the one the wife gave me.

Son (11) thought it was hilarious when my daughter got me with the boo so he attempted it a few days laterwhich caused me to throw my ikon slant...lets just say he won't be doing thay again. I waited until he was iin the shower and got a huge tub of ice water and over the curtain it went. Next morning he didn't want to wake up for school, so I got the bucket of ice water again,this time in his bed. Dad 2 son 1/2 lol..

3 1,356
 10-28-2015, 02:03 PM
User Info
(10-28-2015, 06:53 AM)waveflow Wrote: I clipped my nose pretty good when I was mad about the some pathetic lather.  Aggression & blades isn't a good combo Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez- Now that is a true statement!  If I'm not in that perfect state of "Zen" I should just walk away- it won't be pretty!

1 27