10-27-2015, 04:30 PM
User Info
quick story that I had to share about Paolo and his commitment to not only having a product that stands out, but backing it with customer service that stands out. 

By no means did he ask me to write this but I needed to.  A while back I purchased his shave soap and AS balm in his excellent Agrume (lime scent). I fell in love when I smelled it BUT it triggered severe allergies and eye watering for me when I used it.  Being accustomed to simply selling items that don't work for me, I listed them as part of a lot. Then the PM came from Paolo -- "Hey Jason, sorry the scents are messing with your allergies, can I send you samples of my new scents that are releasing soon and you let me know which one I can replace the Agrume with for you."

I was shocked and Paolo followed through and sent me the three new scents quickly, the Piccante worked fine for me and a few weeks later I had a tub of Piccante SS and AS Balm in the mail.  

I wanted to call out his amazing service and tell you all that if you have considered SdP soaps and are on the fence, take the plunge, Paolo is truly committed to his customers.

Keep in mind, I never complained, I never expected anything from him, this was above and beyond!!! 

Thanks Paolo!!!

102 1,406
 10-27-2015, 04:58 PM
User Info
Now THATS customer service! Well done Paolo.

82 2,210
 10-27-2015, 05:11 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
For someone just starting out, Paolo has developed excellent soaps and "killer" balms, and has provided above and beyond service. He's a great guy to communicate with about soaps in general, and about his products.

38 5,113
 10-27-2015, 05:20 PM
  • kwsher
  • Austin, TX - USA
User Info
Here, here. I actually used Cremoso this morning and the only regret is that I didn't pick up his soaps sooner. He has a passion for the community and makes an excellent product- well done on the customer service as well!

Glad that it worked out for you Jason.

2 1,180
 10-27-2015, 05:34 PM
  • ddk13
  • USA
User Info
Thanks for twisting my arm.  Just placed an order for Piccante.  Looking forward to trying it out!

45 622
 10-28-2015, 09:55 AM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
Thank you all very much, gentlemen!  I completely understand allergic sensitivities and hate when new products, especially ones I like, don't work out for me.  Very glad we found one you like and doesn't irritate!

11 684
 10-28-2015, 11:46 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
I had the privilege of meeting the artisan in person at the Dirty South Shavers meet-up in Huntsville, AL.

A true gent!

9 1,684
 10-29-2015, 08:41 PM
User Info
Agrume continues to impress. It's quick to lather and aftershave face-feel is terrific, the best of all my soaps. I'm looking at the unscented next, and while I'm not a balm guy, the matching version of that is tempting. If it came as a splash, I wouldn't hesitate.

29 1,776
 11-02-2015, 05:37 PM
User Info
I want to pick up one of these soaps with the matching Balm and I'm having trouble deciding between the 'Woods' and 'Creamy' scents. Worried that the Creamy might be a little too sweet smelling but it really sounds good. Anyone used either of these that can chime in? And no, unfortunately I can't get both at this time  Undecided

3 920
 11-02-2015, 05:45 PM
User Info
(11-02-2015, 05:37 PM)Oasisdave Wrote: I want to pick up one of these soaps with the matching Balm and I'm having trouble deciding between the 'Woods' and 'Creamy' scents. Worried that the Creamy might be a little too sweet smelling but it really sounds good. Anyone used either of these that can chime in? And no, unfortunately I can't get both at this time  Undecided

I like the scent of both very much but if I had to choose a "daily driver" it would be Bosco.

96 2,590
 11-02-2015, 05:54 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
They're all nice, however Bosco is my current favorite as well.

102 18,652
 11-03-2015, 05:57 PM
User Info
thanx guys, looks like Bosco it is!

3 920
 11-04-2015, 08:15 PM
User Info
bosco is imo the lightest of the scents if that matters to you. i really like it though. my favorite is the agrume.

16 660
 11-04-2015, 08:55 PM
User Info
I have the Agrume soap and balm. Top performers in my opinion and the scent, if you like lime, is haunting. Most importantly like the OP said, you have a guy like Paolo who is passionate about his product and cares about customer service.

~Royce

4 377