10-30-2015, 07:19 AM
User Info
I wish that instead of the mailbox becoming full and not being able to receive more messages that it would just kick out and delete the oldest message to make room for the new one, unless the oldest messages was tagged to save then it would go to the next old one to delete.

79 824
 10-30-2015, 07:55 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I doubt an automatic system is going to happen.  Just remember, when you delete something from your inbox or sent box, you still have to empty the trash to clear up space.

Everyone has different ways of doing things, but I clean up in inbox, sent box, and clear the trash at least once two weeks.

181 25,140
 10-30-2015, 02:56 PM
User Info
(10-30-2015, 07:55 AM)Johnny Wrote: Everyone has different ways of doing things, but I clean up in inbox, sent box, and clear the trash at least once two weeks.

I do this almost every day. That is why I has so much room in there.  Biggrin

89 21,229
 11-01-2015, 11:42 AM
User Info
abritrary deleting of oldest message can cause some issues especially if people weren't intending to delete those messages.

It will be nice if we can get a message saying that "_______ was trying to send you a PM, please empty your inbox to receive that message" of some sort.
Flat out just not being able to receive is somewhat anachronistic.  Google gives you gigabytes of free space, can't believe we are only allowed 50~100 messages. (or however many it is, I forgot).  
Does it cost that much extra to give us some more PM inbox space?

Also, if we put it in the trash, can you make it not count towards % and have it automatically empty it after 7 days or so?
If we trashed it, we probably won't need it, so if it purges the trash can after 7 days, no harm done.

Great thread.!

53 760
 11-01-2015, 12:38 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(11-01-2015, 11:42 AM)parachutefactory Wrote: abritrary deleting of oldest message can cause some issues especially if people weren't intending to delete those messages.

It will be nice if we can get a message saying that "_______ was trying to send you a PM, please empty your inbox to receive that message" of some sort.
Flat out just not being able to receive is somewhat anachronistic.  Google gives you gigabytes of free space, can't believe we are only allowed 50~100 messages. (or however many it is, I forgot).  

Also, if we put it in the trash, can you make it not count towards % and have it automatically empty it after 7 days or so?
If we trashed it, we probably won't need it, so if it purges the trash can after 7 days, no harm done.

Great thread.!
Contributing members do get increased PM space.

48 20,073
 11-01-2015, 01:37 PM
User Info
(11-01-2015, 11:42 AM)parachutefactory Wrote: Google gives you gigabytes of free space, can't believe we are only allowed 50~100 messages. (or however many it is, I forgot).  

Unlike Google (and many other "free" services), the Shavenook do not sell your information (for the most part metadata) to third parties. This means the guys behind the 'Nook must foot the bill, hence why (AFAIK) members who helps offset the cost gets a larger inbox.

Compared to a couple of other forums I know the 'Nook is fairly generous with PM space - a EeePC one I used to hang out on gave each member space for twenty.

3 5,828
 11-01-2015, 03:02 PM
User Info
(11-01-2015, 12:38 PM)bullgoose Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 11:42 AM)parachutefactory Wrote: abritrary deleting of oldest message can cause some issues especially if people weren't intending to delete those messages.

Great thread.!
Contributing members do get increased PM space.

True that! Thumbsup

61 3,796
 11-01-2015, 05:28 PM
User Info
(11-01-2015, 01:37 PM)WegianWarrior Wrote:
(11-01-2015, 11:42 AM)parachutefactory Wrote: Google gives you gigabytes of free space, can't believe we are only allowed 50~100 messages. (or however many it is, I forgot).  

Unlike Google (and many other "free" services), the Shavenook do not sell your information (for the most part metadata) to third parties. This means the guys behind the 'Nook must foot the bill, hence why (AFAIK) members who helps offset the cost gets a larger inbox.

Compared to a couple of other forums I know the 'Nook is fairly generous with PM space - a EeePC one I used to hang out on gave each member space for twenty.

agreed.  If I empty it once, it lasts a while.
One thing that still annoys me is that I have to go to trash and empty trash again to gain space.
If it's more than one page, it's even more tedious.

53 760