07-03-2012, 11:41 AM
  • Persius
  • On the learning curve
  • Reading, England
User Info
Is there any interest in the Tour? I miss Lance Armstrong, but the race is still an awesome endeavour. We Brits have quite a lot of interest this year in Bradley Wiggins, who is tipped to be a potential winner, and the fastest man in the world (on a bike): Mark Cavendish. I believe he hails form the same place as the modern Simpsons brushes (just to put it in TSN context).

We're glued to the TV for a one-hour highlights programme each evening.

1 290
 07-03-2012, 11:50 AM
User Info
Yep, I keep track of it every year.

I'm actually happy that Armstrong is gone. though I'll miss Contador. I'm rooting for Wiggins this year, but I don't think he can win it. Maybe this time he'll get a podium spot.

37 1,731
 07-03-2012, 12:01 PM
  • Persius
  • On the learning curve
  • Reading, England
User Info
(07-03-2012, 11:50 AM)yohannrjm Wrote: I'm rooting for Wiggins this year, but I don't think he can win it.
He has more chance of winning than our football team had of getting anywhere in Euro2012! Getting Wiggo round in one piece would be a fine start!

1 290
 07-03-2012, 06:56 PM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(07-03-2012, 11:41 AM)Persius Wrote: Is there any interest in the Tour?

I'll admit I'm not a big cycling fan, but I do enjoy watching, following along with the Tour (every year) and the cycling events in the Olympics...

What I'm really missing at the moment is Wimbledon (before moving here I had actually started to attend at least one day's play every year) and Test Match Cricket...

23 1,872