11-02-2015, 05:15 PM
User Info
Helloooo

So, I've been happily using my CJB Kami-style, alternating back and forth between the various blades (the pro supers are my favorite at the moment), but I'm having some neck-shaving issues.

Prep: Musgo Real Lime glycerine, face wash in shower. Hot Towel after
Shave: Razo Rock Lime (yep, lime is a thing for me) and CJB

Everything goes pretty well until I get to my neck. I can shave WTG and partially XTG, but the shape of the kami just doesn't let me shave ATG. I end up with my neck feeling quite a bit more stubbly than the rest of my face. I want to shave perpendicular to the ground, from the side toward my throat, mainly in the area beneath my chin and above my Adam's apple, but the whole area. Turned one way, the handle runs into my clavicle. Turned upside-down, my jawline gets in the way.

Is anyone using a second shaving method, like a safety razor to get that area, or am I missing something?

As an aside, all of the brush and shaver holders I see seem to be built for safety razors; anyone aware of a holder that will fit a CJB?

Cheers!

Noah

1 5
 11-03-2015, 10:09 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I have found that using a round stroke versus a straight stroke can make getting hard to navigate areas a little easier.  If you look at the slicing stroke mentioned in this article you will hopefully understand what I'm trying to convey. 

http://www.asharperrazor.com/how-to-wiel...eeney-todd

139 2,677
 11-03-2015, 10:16 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Not sure what the problem could be, I shave often with a Feather kami and have no trouble shaving ATG either straight upward or coming across.

28 1,433