11-04-2015, 09:27 AM
User Info
I just switched to fusion blades and found that my neck gets irritated when I go against the grain. I use shaving oil and cream. I also re-lather for the second pass. Am I doing something wrong? I was using a cheaper blade (Shave club three blade) before. You would think going to a better blade would not irritate. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

0 72
 11-04-2015, 09:41 AM
User Info
Don't go against the grain. You should be able to achieve a good shave going with the grain and across the grain. Another thing you could try is a DE safey razor to see how you like it. I switched from the Fusion nearly a year ago and have not looked back. However, I had good shaves with the Fusion, but did get irritated if I shaved too often so had to wait 3 days usually, whereas with a DE I can shave every day without irritation. This is not the case for me with every DE I have tried, but I have three that work very well.

13 947
 11-04-2015, 10:02 AM
User Info
I'm not sure how well this translates to a cartridge, but with a DE I've found a very light touch in my problem areas and a very sharp blade help. There is an area on my neck where I just can't do against the grain. What I do instead is another across pass at a different angle (nearly against, but not quite) than my "official" XTG pass.

0 1,052
 11-04-2015, 10:29 AM
User Info
is it so that you could you go against the grain without irritation with your club blades?

welcome to the shave nook.

7 1,624