11-04-2015, 01:55 PM
User Info
been noticing ALOT of Lee's brushes for sale lately on the bay. Its rare to see so many at once, but worrisome they're all coming from romania. I personally wouldn't buy, bc of the ammount of brushes on there (continuously) let alone all coming from romania. Maybe its me, but I have trust issues Smile

15 139
 11-04-2015, 01:59 PM
User Info
I've often wondered myself how that fellow has so many new M&F for sale and at such bargain basement prices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

115 1,005
 11-04-2015, 02:06 PM
User Info
its not just the one member. Ive seen 3 different members from romania selling lee's brushes. Theres 2 right now. different members

15 139
 11-04-2015, 02:07 PM
User Info
(11-04-2015, 02:06 PM)CtrlAltElite Wrote: its not just the one member. Ive seen 3 different members from romania selling lee's brushes. Theres 2 right now. different members

Ah interesting, I've only noticed one and I can tell it's the same fellow because his pictures are always the same. Don't know about the others but I wouldn't buy an M&F unless it's straight from Lee or off the bst.

115 1,005
 11-04-2015, 02:16 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
caveat emptor

in general, and especially with eBay listings

102 18,652
 11-04-2015, 02:19 PM
User Info
I've been tempted to bid on these but have passed everytime. How hard would it be to duplicate the handle and install a ready made Chinese knot (I've had a brushes turned into exact replicas of old Rooney single rings minus the engraving)? Of cousrse I could be wrong also. I'll just wait on a PK-47 since Lee dosen't seem interested in selling to me.

3 92
 11-04-2015, 02:22 PM
User Info
I've wondered about these sellers too. Some of the photos they use look exactly like the ones I've received from Lee in the past. One of the guys claims to be some sort of middle man for Lee. Seems very fishy to me.

74 2,276
 11-04-2015, 02:28 PM
User Info
I had a lengthy conversation with Lee regarding this topic.

1.) The brushes are in fact coming from Lee and are NOT counterfeit.
2.) The Romanian buyer acts as a proxy for a group of friends.
3.) The Romanian buyer orders extra and puts them on eBay at high prices
4.) Lee does not like the idea of eBay or the overly high prices
5.) It will not continue unless the Romanians decide to sell their personal brushes

63 1,721
 11-04-2015, 02:37 PM
  • Rob W
  • Central IL, USA
User Info
There is also a guy in NJ that has what seems to be a never ending supply of M&F brushes. He has been selling them for at least a couple of years under a couple of different ebay names.

4 633
 11-04-2015, 02:38 PM
User Info
(11-04-2015, 02:28 PM)NSmalls Wrote: I had a lengthy conversation with Lee regarding this topic.

5.) It will not continue unless the Romanians decide to sell their personal brushes

That's interesting especially the part that Lee does not like the ideas of them being flipped on eBay at high prices but at the same refuses to deal with many of us who only want 1 brush for personal use.

3 92
 11-04-2015, 02:46 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Thanks for the information, Nick.

102 18,652
 11-04-2015, 02:54 PM
User Info
(11-04-2015, 02:46 PM)Agravic Wrote: Thanks for the information, Nick.

Happy to help where I can.

63 1,721
 11-04-2015, 02:59 PM
User Info
(11-04-2015, 02:38 PM)mata777 Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 02:28 PM)NSmalls Wrote: I had a lengthy conversation with Lee regarding this topic.

That's interesting especially the part that Lee does not like the ideas of them being flipped on eBay at high prices but at the same refuses to deal with many of us who only want 1 brush for personal use.

My advice:

Boycott Lee and M&F, like I do.

His business as of lately is shady, at best, ungentleman at slightly less best.......

24 5,971
 11-04-2015, 03:08 PM
User Info
The thread is not really about Lee or whatever complaints/issues you may have with him. The OP was asking a question regarding the actions of a Romanian eBay seller who is abusing a privilege.

63 1,721
 11-04-2015, 03:10 PM
User Info
At the hesitation of being judged as a fanboy for Lee I can and will openly dissuade any reference to him being anything other than a gentleman. I have dealt with Lee directly many times and have nothing but kindness for the man. He has always been fair to me and produces a fantastic product. Regardless of his business model at the end of the day it's his choice to run it anyway he see's fit. For what it's worth I too go long periods of time with radio silence and I have no thought other then he gets busy.

20 1,352
 11-04-2015, 03:12 PM
User Info
^ yeah lets not go there. Again, ive seen 3 members selling brushes all from romania. Your telling me no one in the states or uk is selling them but these 3 sellers have a boat load? Id steer clear

15 139
 11-04-2015, 03:45 PM
User Info
I have not purchased brushes from Lee since before the M&F brand came about, but I did purchase five or six brushes from him back then.
 I always had good dealings and conversations with Lee  ( he was hard to reach back then too ) and found him to be a nice guy.
I would probably still be purchasing from him if I could reach him, but hey, the guy might be a little overwhelmed due to the popularity of the M&F line.
Really, I am thankful for how many other great brush makers are out there and many of them are TSN members.

8 846
 11-04-2015, 04:02 PM
User Info
I reached out to one of the sellers several months ago regarding the high prices. He responded that he was unable to contact Lee directly, so went in on a group by with some friends and now they decided to sell some of them. He said he had no idea what the original prices were since he did not deal directly with Lee. Who knows....

40 1,166
 11-04-2015, 06:28 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Vorbite Romanesta?  If you spend time on EVILBAY many countries have so many scams dealers simply refuse sales. The NUMBER 1 badboys are AUSTRALIA and Bulgaria is a black hole of corruption. Just because a seller hails from the Duchy of Fenwick is no cause for subtle racism. If you want cause to feel better, Romanian is the forgotten member of Latin languages along with French, Italian and Spanish  and the people known for being direct to the point of misconstrued rudeness. Evilbay may have parted ways with Nopal, but that's your choice of ABC payment options. They have a guarantee to cover deals gone sour. If you get stung by Nopal on it, they are in California. It's a lot easier to drive there and 'get western'. Romania is another issue. I am a small but longtime patron of a orthodox monastery. Romanains do not like getting letters of admonishment from monks. Those monks could give pause to Vlad Dracul the impaler.  Those sellers are probably just trying to make a few Lei in a post communist, sacrificial EU economy by western countries who see them through 19th century colonial imperialism. Multumesc

2 3,171
 11-04-2015, 06:42 PM
User Info
Racism?  I guess I missed that  Sleepy

61 3,796