11-07-2015, 05:18 PM
User Info
I recently found a probak razor in the wild, and i have to say it was one of the most aggressive razors i've had the pleasure of using.  It gave an easy DFS shave in one pass, and i would have been happy if i stopped there.  A few days ago a local antique mall had a sale and I found it, with a gillette tech head and jumped on the opportunity.  I've been eyeing a different probak, at another antique mall for about a year, but they're asking 80 dollars for it, and the handle that is on it is blown out completely, so when this opportunity came up i was very excited.

Tonight when i had the opportunity to use it finally, the only thing i knew about it was that one person on the forums said it was nearly as aggressive as the R41, so at least i knew to be very delicate with the shave.  There is minimal irritaiton, though i'll attribute that to the face that it was my first shave with it.  From the feel of it it might be more aggressive, and less irritating than my ATT H2...i'll have to do some playing around. 

Does anyone else have any experience shaving with a Probak?  It would be great if anyone could give their experiences.

9 149
 11-07-2015, 05:21 PM
User Info
Pics or it didn't happen!

147 3,534
 11-07-2015, 07:14 PM
User Info
 11-07-2015, 08:46 PM
User Info
(11-07-2015, 05:21 PM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: Pics or it didn't happen!

Signs011

82 21,077
 11-07-2015, 09:25 PM
User Info
I own a Probak razor myself and I found it a little aggressive. I've not tried a R41 or a H2 so I can't compare but in my mind, it's more aggressive than the Gillette NEW variants, at least.

0 82
 11-08-2015, 02:43 PM
User Info
[Image: aCuLYab.jpg][Image: vdpHgku.jpg][Image: uWgsylw.jpg][Image: ChAZemi.jpg]

The pictures leave a bit to be desired unfortunately, The razor is much better looking in person i promise!  Second shave with it, and i'm pretty sure my skin is much to wimpy to have it be my daily driver, though it seems like it would be an amazing 2 day shaver with nearly BBS shaves once i get technique down for it.

9 149
 11-08-2015, 03:37 PM
User Info
Pretty cool! Does it take other handles? 
I almost pulled the trigger on one of those on the bay a couple of months ago. Then I forgot all about it so I missed it. 
Enjoy.

8 1,126
 11-08-2015, 05:52 PM
User Info
Nice example and it should clean up nicely.

0 148
 11-08-2015, 07:15 PM
User Info
(11-07-2015, 05:18 PM)Ufgoodies Wrote: I recently found a probak razor in the wild, and i have to say it was one of the most aggressive razors i've had the pleasure of using.  It gave an easy DFS shave in one pass, and i would have been happy if i stopped there.  A few days ago a local antique mall had a sale and I found it, with a gillette tech head and jumped on the opportunity.  I've been eyeing a different probak, at another antique mall for about a year, but they're asking 80 dollars for it, and the handle that is on it is blown out completely, so when this opportunity came up i was very excited.

Tonight when i had the opportunity to use it finally, the only thing i knew about it was that one person on the forums said it was nearly as aggressive as the R41, so at least i knew to be very delicate with the shave.  There is minimal irritaiton, though i'll attribute that to the face that it was my first shave with it.  From the feel of it it might be more aggressive, and less irritating than my ATT H2...i'll have to do some playing around. 

Does anyone else have any experience shaving with a Probak?  It would be great if anyone could give their experiences.

Interesting that you find it aggressive.  I have two, including one like yours, and they are the most gentle shavers that I have.  They are still efficient shavers and I am a big fan. I would be interested if you have any close ups of the blade angle.  

Thanks for sharing!

26 246