11-09-2015, 07:34 PM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Heading to Taiwan and Hong Kong for about 3 weeks next week and I should have asked to you well traveled and worldly gentlemen earlier if there's any shaving hardware and software out there to keep an eye out for... or anything special in general to try and sample out, all thoughts and conversation welcome and appreciated. Its one part family trip another part extended vacation joined together so I'm hoping I'll be able to get some time to sample what these places have to offer. The flight should be a ton of fun with my 18 month old son whose never flown before and we're putting him into a confined space for almost 19 hours   Thumbup

but this did give me reason to just go out and buy a Simpson Classic 1 with travel tube, as I needed to take some peace of mind with me  Angel or so I rationalized it to myself haha.

35 1,329
 11-09-2015, 08:01 PM
User Info
Have a great trip, Fabian! Shy

82 21,056
 11-09-2015, 08:02 PM
User Info
Many of the razors and brushes are made there so I would imagine you could find plenty of good buys. Pretty much all badger hair comes from their so I'm sure you can find some nice knots for cheap, however I don't know if you are allowed to bring those back. I'd probably be looking for a nice looking DE razor and handle if I were there. Enjoy the vacation!

13 947
 11-09-2015, 08:36 PM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Thank you celestino! Hope to grab some shots that I can eventually share. 

Thanks Hobbyist, I hope to stumble onto something out there as it would be a pleasant surprise. I was thinking on similar lines that almost all the badger comes from that geographic region, maybe it'll be somewhere... that or a razor of some sort or even maybe sharpening stone for my new growing rock collection. 

35 1,329
 11-10-2015, 08:41 AM
User Info
the US Navy very nicely let me visit Hong Kong many years ago.  what a fascinating city.  your trip sounds like a great adventure looking forward.  I remember lots of English taylors and local craftsman selling wares cheaply.  good luck in your searches

73 1,260
 11-10-2015, 10:59 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(11-09-2015, 07:34 PM)refles Wrote: Heading to Taiwan and Hong Kong for about 3 weeks next week and I should have asked to you well traveled and worldly gentlemen earlier if there's any shaving hardware and software out there to keep an eye out for... or anything special in general to try and sample out, all thoughts and conversation welcome and appreciated. Its one part family trip another part extended vacation joined together so I'm hoping I'll be able to get some time to sample what these places have to offer. The flight should be a ton of fun with my 18 month old son whose never flown before and we're putting him into a confined space for almost 19 hours   Thumbup

but this did give me reason to just go out and buy a Simpson Classic 1 with travel tube, as I needed to take some peace of mind with me  Angel or so I rationalized it to myself haha.

Hmm. I lived in Taiwan for about a year when I was a boy. On Grass Mountain across the valley from Chiang Kai-shek's compound. Dad was U.S.A.F. military air command. Beautiful country, we made friends that have lasted a lifetime. Enjoy.

7 2,279