11-09-2015, 11:09 PM
User Info
A single item FS today – Gillette Monotech L4, made in Brazil. This is a very, very rare item, especially in the US. According to the search function at TSN, there is a single reference to Monotech at the TSN site (sold by “Jordy” in 2013) relative to appr. 100 Fatboys sold/traded over the same time period.  The razor is in perfect, near-mint shape. I picked up this Monotech as NOS (but who knows) at an antique shop in Rio in 2009. Over the years, used a few times. In my experience, Monotech is similar to British Aristocrat Junior/Rocket and French Monoblock, and, similarly, Monotech is a great shaver. Because now I use my British Aristocrat 58 (mainly) and Schick injectors (infrequently), Monotech needs a better home. This razor deserves to be used instead of sitting in a rack. I suggest $85, shipped, CONUS. NOW $75.
[img=828x1745]http://i.imgur.com/a9Mz2cA.jpg[/img][Image: HbPevVJ.jpg]

29 275
 11-10-2015, 06:38 AM
User Info
These are even rare on eBay, I believe I saw a French Mono with yellow case for over three times your asking. Looks like yours is in excellent condition, might help to add a top view showing the doors. Best of luck with the sale.

79 824
 11-10-2015, 08:01 AM
User Info
What's the TSN site you reference for searching past sales?  The only hits I get on google are The Sports Network.

Never mind....Duh.....

0 1
 11-10-2015, 08:26 AM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
(11-10-2015, 06:38 AM)Deuce428 Wrote: These are even rare on eBay, I believe I saw a French Mono with yellow case for over three times your asking. Looks like yours is in excellent condition, might help to add a top view showing the doors. Best of luck with the sale.

Deuce- He has a Brazilian Monotech, and you are speaking of the French Monobloc.

143 1,983