07-04-2012, 06:04 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Here is another good cream from Turkey which is no-frills and very useful. It is made by another company which is little-known, and has absolutely NOTHING to do with Evyap Industries, which produce the Arko shaving line.

Ease of lathering: 10/10--A minimum of cream gives a maximum of rich lather!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--Perfect stability for multi-passes.

General skincare: 8/10--Very moisturizing and soothing.

Scent: 7/10--That's the only area where I had to deduct some points. Still, not bad.

Price: N/A--I don't know. It was a gift.

Would I buy again: 8/10--Most probably I would if I could find it.

Turkey is also known for excellent wetshaving stuff, and is becoming, if it hasn't already, one of the largest producers. This cream has amazing lather which lasts very well, and gives terrific awesome razor glide and skincare. Although this cream is called the "Cool" variant, I feel no cooling sensation from it. Still, I recommend this cream, especially for sensitive skin. It is produced by Dalan Kimya Industries in Izmir.

Attached Files Image(s)

3 2,562
 07-05-2012, 04:02 AM
User Info
I was probably the first to sell this item. It is a good cream but the shift is from practical items and creams to other areanas. Despite your hardwork on reviews, many new people will not touch anything other than the few main brands and certainly nothing too cheap.

5 273
 07-05-2012, 05:44 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
Thank you for another excellent review Jeff!
I always wonder if a non-menthol person like me would actually feel the "cool" in this one. You, being a "menthol junkie" may be immune to the minimal, menthol quantity in some of these creams! Biggrin

Joe, I think that sometimes these little known creams and soaps that Jeff reviews may end up in our online shopping carts when we are placing orders from vendors such as yourself, especially when they have an excellent review like this one.
Otherwise, you may sadly be right and these gems will get overlooked.

6 905
 07-05-2012, 04:31 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(07-05-2012, 05:44 AM)EHV Wrote: Thank you for another excellent review Jeff!
I always wonder if a non-menthol person like me would actually feel the "cool" in this one. You, being a "menthol junkie" may be immune to the minimal, menthol quantity in some of these creams! Biggrin

Joe, I think that sometimes these little known creams and soaps that Jeff reviews may end up in our online shopping carts when we are placing orders from vendors such as yourself, especially when they have an excellent review like this one.
Otherwise, you may sadly be right and these gems will get overlooked.

My friend, there is absolutely no menthol tingle in this stuff at all, but I really don't care because it's an excellent cream. I wish Dalan Kimya could do something about the scent to perhaps make it a little more traditional, although it's not bad even as it is now. Joe, one day I will give you and everybody else the secret on how I bring in the "creams and soaps from far"!

3 2,562
 07-06-2012, 06:12 AM
User Info
I think sometimes the 'Cool' in some of these non-Western creams is more a description of their scents ... a play on the 'Cool Water' cologne.

Arko has a 'Cool' cream that also has no menthol.

0 252
 07-06-2012, 07:35 AM
User Info
Thanks for the review. i had never heard of the product.

75 20,883
 07-06-2012, 12:49 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(07-06-2012, 06:12 AM)GeneAut Wrote: I think sometimes the 'Cool' in some of these non-Western creams is more a description of their scents ... a play on the 'Cool Water' cologne.

Arko has a 'Cool' cream that also has no menthol.

There are some guys who have said the same thing about the scent of the Arko Cool cream. I agree with you on that, and yes, it has no menthol. Smile

3 2,562
 07-08-2012, 10:14 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
i've picked up other dalan products that were quite good items.i'd have no problem picking up a tube with another order.

0 274
 04-05-2014, 02:14 PM
User Info
(07-05-2012, 04:02 AM)Shave a Buck Wrote: I was probably the first to sell this item. It is a good cream but the shift is from practical items and creams to other areanas. Despite your hardwork on reviews, many new people will not touch anything other than the few main brands and certainly nothing too cheap.
Gosh, I am always looking for a good creme or soap at a low price myself. That way I can get more of the product for my money and stock up. The expensive stuff is nice but the "working class" group of good solid cremes and soaps are where I prefer to go.Smile

0 38
 04-05-2014, 03:45 PM
User Info
The cheapest place I know to get Dalan D'men (and Arko) shaving creams:

http://istanbulfoodbazaar.com/?subcats=Y...cts.search

0 836
 04-05-2014, 10:25 PM
User Info
My favorite Turkish webshop also sells Dalan creams - I have a tube of the d'Men Energetic, and while I'm not blown away by the lather, the cream itself is a good performer - very good once you consider the price.

3 3,562
 04-19-2014, 12:36 PM
User Info
(04-05-2014, 03:45 PM)5Savages Wrote: The cheapest place I know to get Dalan D'men (and Arko) shaving creams:

http://istanbulfoodbazaar.com/?subcats=Y...cts.search

Great tip !!...This is a fantastic price for D'Men creams,and they have all varieties....I love this cream,and the scent is nice and unique from most other creams.This is a good place to score some Pe-Re-Ja "limon kolonyasi" ,a fantastic lemon aftershave ...They also have Duru,but the scent was a little too dry for me.

0 9